Do you think FIFA 17 is too competitive?

13

Comments

  • Currieman
    5043 posts Big Money Move
    No
    It's not "too competitive". FUT Champs has just made it more competitive. The rewards on offer etc. make it worthwhile to do whatever you can to win as many of your 40 games as you can.

    I do agree that WL has alienated a lot of people though. Seasons needs changing to make it more exciting as lots of people only play the WL now and they definitely need to re-introduce the tourneys.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes
    Uberman656 wrote: »
    Yes - The fact people play 5 at the back park the bus counter attack in online singles matches pretty much proves how pathetic the community has gotten.

    The meaning of community is different in my head, like something pleasant, people working together but somehow a community in FIFA is not how I see it. Like when Seinfeld said something like community, what community? All this time I didn't know I was living in a community or something like that, lol
  • Solomace
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    I've always been an average player in FIFA hovering around Div 3-4 (made it to 2 once on PS4), however this season FIFA has been a misserable experience for me and I've not enjoyed it really. I do think the WL has changed the game and for me not in a good way.

    I will be honest and say I've never been able to qualify which rankles me and even thought I've made it to the final match many times, I've still got beat.

    I'm all for people getting great rewards however I will never be able to get the top players because I'm not good enough, but usually the top gold players such as Ibra and Pogba and Messi were all eventually accessible as they were around 100k (not Messi but I've got him for 400k before) but this year they've quadrupled in price and I think this is because of WL and people having money from it.

    I've spent around £100 in packs this year which is way below what I normally spend, but I gave up after not one walkout and no players to think of.

    Even at div 6 I'm struggling and when I do get past it to 5 and 4, I can sometimes go back to Div 7 which never happened before.

    I remember when EA said they wanted to reward people who play the game, when in fact what they meant is they want to reward people who play the game well. Not a problem, but it is too different things. Over a thousand games played and still not got a team worth much so it's defo not rewarding people playing the game.

    This FIFA is way too competitive and seeing and playing the same Prem team is just...meh.

    Hopefully in 18 they will look at the rich who are just getting richer (as in excellent players) and then look at the scrubs and have some way to get some of the top players besides the crappy 400 coins a game. Even if they said that every 500 games you get a Messi or 1000 you get a legend. Something that helps those that arn't as good as the rest, but do put in the time.

    Hopefully Legends will be released on the PS4 (yea right) so I can go back to where my friends are and maybe enjoy just playing with them instead of the stress of WL and wanting my Pele!
  • Heppers
    3503 posts National Call-Up
    No
    Nope
  • Kai9623
    6808 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    Yes in a good way. Makes me wanna better my game
  • Keano
    20615 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    Would normally put no as it's a game & like in any game you want to win (besides you want to have fun), but with the input delay, lag etc & how the servers have been all year, the game is fine when it's competitive (despite the people playing with any means to win), it's more that the servers/delay etc makes the game not able to be properly competitive.
  • Solomace
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    Currieman wrote: »
    It's not "too competitive". FUT Champs has just made it more competitive. The rewards on offer etc. make it worthwhile to do whatever you can to win as many of your 40 games as you can.

    I do agree that WL has alienated a lot of people though. Seasons needs changing to make it more exciting as lots of people only play the WL now and they definitely need to re-introduce the tourneys.

    I agree with this and think when you say alienated I think your spot on.

    The rewards for seasons is poor and I'm pretty much left with only that to play.
  • Diggy
    16191 posts World Class
    No
    Too much AI interaction for it to be truly competitive
  • Davisto
    7100 posts Big Money Move
    No
    Not the game but the community always try the easiest way of exploiting flaws in the game
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    Yes
    Fifa 17 as a whole, yes.

    I completely understand the competitiveness in the WL, the best play the best and the most succesful can actually make real careers from their success nowadays. Sure these are few and far between but it's more than just a game for some people. It's their livelihoods. Of course it's going to be tough.

    What I don't get/like is how this competitve edge had made its way in to every other game mode.. there is no creativity in teams now, absolutely none. Every match is a slog, I've had people time wasting with 35 minutes remaining in friendlies. Friendly matches ffs. Even this very morning people were pausing and making subs at start in friendlies just to get that extra 3 chem. It's ridiculous the lengths people will go to in order to win a 'friendly' match.

    Honestly can count on one hand the number of times I've come out of a game and thought it was fun, win or lose.

    But that's where we're at with Fifa and it's not going to change. In fact i imagine things will get worse, much worse.
  • DaveSaves
    20137 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    Solomace wrote: »
    I've always been an average player in FIFA hovering around Div 3-4 (made it to 2 once on PS4), however this season FIFA has been a misserable experience for me and I've not enjoyed it really. I do think the WL has changed the game and for me not in a good way.

    I will be honest and say I've never been able to qualify which rankles me and even thought I've made it to the final match many times, I've still got beat.

    I'm all for people getting great rewards however I will never be able to get the top players because I'm not good enough, but usually the top gold players such as Ibra and Pogba and Messi were all eventually accessible as they were around 100k (not Messi but I've got him for 400k before) but this year they've quadrupled in price and I think this is because of WL and people having money from it.

    I've spent around £100 in packs this year which is way below what I normally spend, but I gave up after not one walkout and no players to think of.

    Even at div 6 I'm struggling and when I do get past it to 5 and 4, I can sometimes go back to Div 7 which never happened before.

    I remember when EA said they wanted to reward people who play the game, when in fact what they meant is they want to reward people who play the game well. Not a problem, but it is too different things. Over a thousand games played and still not got a team worth much so it's defo not rewarding people playing the game.

    This FIFA is way too competitive and seeing and playing the same Prem team is just...meh.

    Hopefully in 18 they will look at the rich who are just getting richer (as in excellent players) and then look at the scrubs and have some way to get some of the top players besides the crappy 400 coins a game. Even if they said that every 500 games you get a Messi or 1000 you get a legend. Something that helps those that arn't as good as the rest, but do put in the time.

    Hopefully Legends will be released on the PS4 (yea right) so I can go back to where my friends are and maybe enjoy just playing with them instead of the stress of WL and wanting my Pele!

    Good post. What you've said is spot on for a lot of people.

    I do think they'll change something next year for qualifying because there's going to be thousands who have never qualified and that isn't good for them if they're turning people off the franchise.
  • cdbuck26
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2017
    No
    It's astounding how much people care about this game.

    And I'm not referring to the people who exploit the flaws in the game, because what do you expect from human beings, you know?

    I'm more referring to the people that get so upset just because of the previously mentioned people. Stop viewing it as such a bad thing when you play somebody like that, view it as a good thing when you play a legit player.

    It's a perspective thing- if you view people as good, you expect them to do good, and then they end up disappointing you- if you view people as bad, then you're pleasantly surprised when they more than meet up to your expectations.

    Sorry if I kind of went beyond Fifa there lol

    Anyone else with me?
  • VanBasten12
    6784 posts Big Money Move
    Yes
    cdbuck26 wrote: »
    It's astounding how much people care about this game.

    And I'm not referring to the people who exploit the flaws in the game, because what do you expect from human beings, you know?

    I'm more referring to the people that get so upset just because of the previously mentioned people. Stop viewing it as such a bad thing when you play somebody like that, view it as a good thing when you play a legit player.

    It's a perspective thing- if you view people as good, you expect them to do good, and then they end up disappointing you- if you view people as bad, then you're pleasantly surprised when they more than meet up to your expectations.

    Sorry if I kind of went beyond Fifa there lol

    Anyone else with me?

    I've always stated that I enjoy playing quality players, and have even beaten them at times. I play on 'our' 2nd account - started out as pack only, but was too hard to compete in WL, pulled Messi & then decided to change & start buying players. Means I can compete on a more level-playing field now.

    I've beaten a few of the T100 players in the ROW region (here 'down under') as I feel they are very much beatable. I absolutely hate playing fools that simply sprint, or do their best to abuse flaws. I know I shouldn't rage, but these guys just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off.

    IMO a "legit player" is not someone who abuses the flaws - any half-talented moron can watch some [email protected] YT'er and can actually compete. Yeah, I'm too much of a purist
  • cdbuck26
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    No
    cdbuck26 wrote: »
    It's astounding how much people care about this game.

    And I'm not referring to the people who exploit the flaws in the game, because what do you expect from human beings, you know?

    I'm more referring to the people that get so upset just because of the previously mentioned people. Stop viewing it as such a bad thing when you play somebody like that, view it as a good thing when you play a legit player.

    It's a perspective thing- if you view people as good, you expect them to do good, and then they end up disappointing you- if you view people as bad, then you're pleasantly surprised when they more than meet up to your expectations.

    Sorry if I kind of went beyond Fifa there lol

    Anyone else with me?

    I've always stated that I enjoy playing quality players, and have even beaten them at times. I play on 'our' 2nd account - started out as pack only, but was too hard to compete in WL, pulled Messi & then decided to change & start buying players. Means I can compete on a more level-playing field now.

    I've beaten a few of the T100 players in the ROW region (here 'down under') as I feel they are very much beatable. I absolutely hate playing fools that simply sprint, or do their best to abuse flaws. I know I shouldn't rage, but these guys just ❤️❤️❤️❤️ me off.

    IMO a "legit player" is not someone who abuses the flaws - any half-talented moron can watch some [email protected] YT'er and can actually compete. Yeah, I'm too much of a purist

    Sorry, did I make it seem that I thought that a "legit player" is somebody who abuses the flaws? My definition of a legit player is the kind of player that actually plays Fifa like Fifa, not trying to take advantage of the flaws. My bad if you took me wrong there.
  • xciljw
    5088 posts Big Money Move
    No
    It is as competitive as you want to make it. It got single matches, FUT Seasons for the casual players & FUT Champs for competitive ones. Its for all.

    So no, it is not the game that is too competitive, but the players. Don't think you can blame the game for that, because it has different modes for everybody.
  • cdbuck26
    3932 posts National Call-Up
    No
    xciljw wrote: »
    It is as competitive as you want to make it. It got single matches, FUT Seasons for the casual players & FUT Champs for competitive ones. Its for all.

    So no, it is not the game that is too competitive, but the players. Don't think you can blame the game for that, because it has different modes for everybody.

  • Antparry92
    21001 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    xciljw wrote: »
    It is as competitive as you want to make it. It got single matches, FUT Seasons for the casual players & FUT Champs for competitive ones. Its for all.

    So no, it is not the game that is too competitive, but the players. Don't think you can blame the game for that, because it has different modes for everybody.

    It's not though, you still get people sweating it out in single matches and the lack of bronze/silver tournaments has also killed the game personally
  • Hodgy
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
    Yes, I think it is, I don't know why but I keep going back to the WL expecting fun. Every week I am disappointed. It's a great game (when the lag is not too bad) ruined by the people who play it. There's literally nowhere to go for those of us who don't want to commit hours upon hours upon hours to this game. I wish there was some place the try hard super committed lot could go and play together and leave us lot to it. A bit like the prem and the football league lol.
  • RadioShaq
    20802 posts Moderator
    No
    The game is made for casuals. The problem is they added a competitive mode on a casual game. They need to change the gameplay or settings to make it competitive like manual controls only would be a start.
  • Legegg
    1144 posts Professional
    Yes
    Yes. Every year the community get more and more obnoxious. The amount of hate messages and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ behaviour in game increases every year.
  • Hodgy
    420 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
    Legegg wrote: »
    Yes. Every year the community get more and more obnoxious. The amount of hate messages and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ behaviour in game increases every year.
    Also....... this^
  • Antparry92
    21001 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    Legegg wrote: »
    Yes. Every year the community get more and more obnoxious. The amount of hate messages and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ behaviour in game increases every year.

  • illinifan
    8676 posts League Winner
    Yes and no. Competitiveness is an important part of the end goal of a video game: to improve your skill level/ability. However, certain flaws with the game that are abused by those who play competitively actually make it less competitive, such as people shielding the ball for the last twenty minutes when they go up.
  • SGLT
    6846 posts Big Money Move
    No
    I think this is the most chilled out one they've released
  • Antparry92
    21001 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    SGLT wrote: »
    I think this is the most chilled out one they've released

    Sorry....laughed far too hard at this :joy::joy::joy:
  • Donavann28
    149 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Legegg wrote: »
    Yes. Every year the community get more and more obnoxious. The amount of hate messages and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ behaviour in game increases every year.

    Maybe because, believe it or not, more people are playing FIFA than ever before?
  • Antparry92
    21001 posts Club Captain
    Yes
    Donavann28 wrote: »
    Antparry92 wrote: »
    Legegg wrote: »
    Yes. Every year the community get more and more obnoxious. The amount of hate messages and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ behaviour in game increases every year.

    Maybe because, believe it or not, more people are playing FIFA than ever before?

    The point still stands. There are more and more ballbags out there that just wanna ruin people's gaming. That and the fact its 'cool' for the younger ones to copy youtubers and be general douchebags
Sign In or Register to comment.