HOW TO PLAY FIFA?

Kingchavez_152
1605 posts Play-Off Hero
Okay how do some people push my off the ball so easily? When I use L2 to hold them off they still get pushed off easily especially because they slow down. How do people stop instantly and do such quick turns yet I cannot?

How do you defend? I cannot defend for the life of me. I tackle 16 times but my defenders cannot take the stupid ball off the attacker but they who have the same players can defend me so easily? Their slow players catch up and mine cannot? My players get outpaced all the time. They cannot defend.

I need help I am so close to breaking a controller. It is not the connection I am just not that good anymore. Took two years off FIFA. Could someone please
Help me out ?

Comments

• TheRealChev
    327 posts Sunday League Hero
    There is no answer man. I have the same problem. I don't understand how I can have nearly the same players but mine play completely differently than my opponents, makes no sense.
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yeah my defense also always seems to be so spread out i get frustrated
  • DSD27
    5712 posts Big Money Move
    Yeah my defense also always seems to be so spread out i get frustrated

how much team width do you use?
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    I use 50 how much would you recommend?
  • DSD27
    5712 posts Big Money Move

50 is good, I use 52. so the problem isn't there.
  • Kingchavez_152
    1605 posts Play-Off Hero
    DSD27 wrote: »

Yeah I just don't get it. Is there something wrong with my team?

71720866-91EC-43ED-8427-5A70C329B134_zpsyrq0yaxv.jpg
  • boekkie
    962 posts Professional

You Only have 1 midfielder who can defend well
  • Flip562
    63 posts Park Captain
    using such a wide formation is what makes you feel spread out. Try something narrower. I use 4231 for something defensively solid and option wide still in attack.

Stop on a dime can be done by fake shot or shield command with a different direction. This Fifa is all about patience and pulling your opponents d out of position with good passing.
  • Aqeel87
    2853 posts Fans' Favourite
    You exactly know why it is so, nothing can be done until EA want.......
  • JPRM71
    2447 posts Fans' Favourite
    Git Gud
  • mjustic
    1310 posts Professional

You have only 1 midfielder. Carrasco is H/M, Vela is H/L and Suarez is H/M. Even the fullbacks are both H/M.. How do you expect Casemiro to the all the job?
  • Gromit
    3643 posts National Call-Up
    boekkie wrote: »

You Only have 1 midfielder who can defend well

Like that matters

Seriously people put Walcott, Mane etc in midfield and run riot. Defensive mids are a waste. I know Kante is god to most people but a lot of that is based on real life hype.

Stick 3 attacking mids in your team it really makes no defensive difference and you have 3 mids who can shoot.

All CDMs end up in the box anyway.
  • We all know the real reason but too scared to say it out loud
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2017
    You are too predictable so your opponent already know what you're going to do before you do.
  • Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Your team is so good you get matched with better players with less shiny team.
    that's why u only should have normal gold cards
  • FaFiFa
    871 posts Semi-Pro
    Don't use your brain when you play, try to play like a complete idiot.spam buttons as much as you can, that is the way to be successful.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    edited April 2017
    Yeah dont be to slow and safe run at akward angles

Alot times i just stand still and ht lt and spin circles over and over as they keep xharging people say im time wasting but i say im causing them to panic defend and open them up
  • HysxteriA
    3213 posts National Call-Up
    I'll say something constructive because most here just seem to be taking the ****. Anyway, scrap that formation for a start it is too wide and has been found to be exploited massively with the lone CDM especially with it been a wide formation with only 2 central mids one far up one far down. So much space and gaps for your opponents to exploit. Secondly to defend well in this game (imo) you need to pull back your CMs rather than use your defenders. I rarely make the switch unless I really have to.

Your other issue is as stated above the work rates are appauling and combined with your formation you're in for a good hammering on the counter.

My recommendations is to switch to a 41212 narrow, or to go narrower still the 4312 which imo is the better of the two. Perfect control in the midfield with fast counters. Just make sure you know how to use your fullbacks against wingplay.

Get a midfield trio with one cdm orientated player, one box to box to cover all bases and one forward thinking player. Regardless of what you may think smash all on stay back whilst attacking. They'll push up anyway believe me and it will give you some extra coverage on the counter which is overused massively in Fifa 17 with the 4321 especially. I think that's the main reason behind your failings. Try what I've said if you still struggle repost a different thread about defensive tips etc.