Ajax [Not active - closed]

Comments

• Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    oQDWBKq.png

ua2gk7N.png
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Two points dropped against Willem II perhaps, but still look at that gap at the top! :scream:
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Ajax definitely showed pride in the Cup, what a way to crush Vitesse.

The draw in the Eredivisie is just an anecdote and the gap is comfortable.

Question: Is Cornelious going to leave this Winter? Is Pavon playing as you expected when you signed him? For how long do you think you can keep Dolberg happy in Amsterdam?
  • ale85bg
    I second the question about Dolberg, and I add this one:

"With the team failing to qualify for the UCL round of 16 and entering the UEL round of 32 instead, how do your seasonal objectives change? Could we be in for a UEL run, thing which indeed looked more difficult to do in the UCL?"
  • Danimal5981
    @subpop and @ale85bg - to answer your questions, the manager speaks!...
    (the first was actually already made, long before you asked)
    4QUskba.png

nVJTPR1.png
  • Danimal5981
    GXq3z8v.png
    4mKN535.png
  • ale85bg
    Very nice interview there... Indeed you have the chance to actually compete on three fronts, so go for it! Maybe you'll be also using the squad in full depth, giving Cornelius more space and who knows, maybe re-evaluating El Ghazi's position at the club.
    Eager to see what happens next! :)
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    ale85bg wrote: »

"With the team failing to qualify for the UCL round of 16 and entering the UEL round of 32 instead, how do your seasonal objectives change? Could we be in for a UEL run, thing which indeed looked more difficult to do in the UCL?"

If they draw Stoke there is definitely something in the water!
  • subpop
    Thanks for the interview!

Definitely a surprise to see the goalie being sold, but it makes sense.

I really like this story!

BTW, I have just seen you posted information about other leagues, which is something I find interesting, but I realize that the game is quite random in this and it may not have any sense from one week to the next... if EA could only put some interest in it.
  • Danimal5981
    Terry123 wrote: »

Close....

LbRXGNu.png
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Terry123 wrote: »

Close....

LbRXGNu.png

Love it!! Will be tough though.
  • ale85bg
    Oh dear. Tough draw here, but you have the quality to emerge victorious, I know it!
  • Danimal5981
    7P1emIE.png
  • ale85bg
    Unfortunately it was to be expected, with that clause. As you said, you were lucky not to lose him during the previous window already.
    Hopefully you could keep up without him, and maybe those 30 millions (or more) will be useful to make up for his loss. :(
  • JamieC
    829 posts Semi-Pro
    Dolberg :cry:
  • Danimal5981
    db43GH6.png
  • ale85bg
    Nice to see Stekelenburg join again, even if he's 35 now. I'd love to see Cornelius and Zivkovic play together, I believe they coud go on well with each other.
    How would you see Cornelius as a 'false nine', with the duty to collect the balls sent forward and to forward them to Zivkovic who could then be deadly with his speed?
  • subpop
    I thought Dolberg would finish the season after all. Sadly he used the release clause now. I wonder which is going to be your solution, but the hole he left is huge.

Good to see you close the goalkeeper issue with two classic veterans, for now and next season.

It is sad to see young talent leaving Ajax so soon... even if it sounds ridiculous coming from a Barça fan.
  • Danimal5981
    subpop wrote: »
    I thought Dolberg would finish the season after all. Sadly he used the release clause now. I wonder which is going to be your solution, but the hole he left is huge.

Good to see you close the goalkeeper issue with two classic veterans, for now and next season.

It is sad to see young talent leaving Ajax so soon... even if it sounds ridiculous coming from a Barça fan.

Yes, Dolberg is a shame, but I still have Academy talents in reserve-goalie Castañeda (fictional), great things to expect from centre backs Flavio Moyano (fictioonal) and Matthijs De Ligt, left back Sebastian Vestergaard (fictional), midfielders Donny van de Beek, Frenkie de Jong and Abdelhak Nouri which will be the new heart of Ajax one day. Now added is (fictional) Alessandro Branco and waiting in the wings (pun intended) is Fausto Correa (fictional wonderkid), alongside Justin Kluivert and Mathias Olsen (fictional). That is without mentioning Joël Veltman, Jairo Riedewald and Davy Klaassen, plus the returned Vurnon Anita and Maarten Stekelenburg who are also Academy material. And I currently have Academy products Leroy Owusu, Deviyasio Zeefuik, Arthur Peeters (fictional), Carel Eijting, Zakaria El Azzouzi, Raphael Henriques (fictional) and Queensy Menig out on loan.

All I'm saying is: I could raise a team that could still win the league and stand its ground in Europe, purely made out of home grown players. The recent results in real life (Europa League) actually strengthen the image that the current and coming batch of Academy-players are exceptionally strong... so seeing Dolberg leave is sad, but another home made product will pop up and take his place soon, I'm sure!
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 2017
    A useful insight to Ajax' (and my) way of playing...
    in real life (I train youngsters) and on FIFA

1. The 3 (if cornered) or 4 surrounding players closest, hunt for the ball;
    Close the opponent in immediately and aggressively, limiting his options.

2. The remaining players decrease the playing area;
    The defenders pull up and the wingers pull wide.

3. It takes the opponent 5 seconds to position themselves;
    Never give them that time! #Ajax #Bosz #FiveSecondRule

• Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    nice depth in this career mode, good job!
  • Alastair
    10217 posts Moderator
    Great to see Steklenberg and then Krul return to Ajax. :)

Hopefully you can resign Vertonghen or Blind as well.

Tough draw with Spurs though, hopefully you can sneak through it. :)
  • subpop
    A useful insight to Ajax' (and my) way of playing...
    in real life (I train youngsters) and on FIFA

1. The 3 (if cornered) or 4 surrounding players closest, hunt for the ball;
    Close the opponent in immediately and aggressively, limiting his options.

2. The remaining players decrease the playing area;
    The defenders pull up and the wingers pull wide.

3. It takes the opponent 5 seconds to position themselves;
    Never give them that time! #Ajax #Bosz #FiveSecondRule

Very interesting. I paid attention to it when I saw your videos. Of course there are many ways to play football but personally I like this one too for reasons you can imagine.

I enjoy this story. Keep it up!
  • ale85bg
    Very interesting short video about Ajax's footballing phylosophy. I agree there are several ways to play football, but this one looks like the one which is yiuelding the better results for you. Keep it up! :)
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 2017
    January 2018

I came out of the New Year's sleep okay much in contrast to last year where I struggled with form until spring kicked in, dropping points, losing the top spot in the league and getting kicked out of the Cup and Europe along the way. How different are things in early 2018! Four wins out of four games so far, though the one against PEC Zwolle was extremely lucky. More notable, it included a string of three away games including a first win (ever) over Groningen.

Manager Daniel Hoven is still searching for the ideal line-up, though the backline is solid with Joel Veltman, Davinson Sanchez, Nick Viergever and Ridgeciano Haps.

Captain Davy Klaassen is a given on midfield, while Jairo Riedewald, Vurnon Anita, Ebenezer Ofori, Donny van de Beek and Lasse Schøne take turns next to him. Schøne however, is clearly over his peak while Van De Beek is more and more becoming a decisive midfielder with decisive moments against Real Madrid, Groningen and PEC Zwolle. Daley Sinkgraven is still out for a month, while Abdelhak Nouri and (the fictional) Alessandro Branco still show loads of potential.

Up front, six players take turns for three positions. Cristian Pavón is the new star player, while the position for targetman is fought over by Andreas Cornelius and Richairo Zivkovic (with a slight preference for the Dane), which means the third place in the Ajax attack is shared between Mitchell van Bergen, Justin Kluivert and Mathias Olsen.

3N8uQho.png

xuVF2xl.png

J9OHy5a.png

Ul2EriB.png

Up next are one Cup game, three league games and a confrontation with Tottenham Hotspur in the EURO League. Stay tuned!
  • subpop
    Fantastic month. The gap over Feyenoord and PSV is huge, so you can prepare the European matches resting key players.

Good to see that you are giving youngsters the chance to grow keeping the philosophy of the club intact.

It looks like the absence of Dolberg doesn't affect the team in the league. Let's see if it does vs Spurs.
  • ale85bg
    Wow, wonderful results... I see PSV are now keeping up with you but I also see they are distant enough. Nice to see Feyenoord face the odd defeat and drop three points during the month, you never know.
  • Danimal5981
    zFKDxvL.png
  • ale85bg
    Nice to see that you're definitely following the path of Ajax in real life... And taht you're getting great results from it!
    Bring on the youths, you won't be disappointed. :)
  • Alastair
    10217 posts Moderator
    Nice 100% start to 2018, lets hope you can keep that record the same till December. :)