This FIFA is for those who want to defend

TheRealMadGamer
1920 posts Fans' Favourite
Not a rant, but this FIFA is for people who defend relentlessly for 120 mins. Its a challenge but it's also very boring.

The winner should be decided by a players skill going forward and not who's best at defending!

Before the patch it was people sitting there on ptb for the entire game. Now it's people relentlessly pressing and defending with 41212 (2) packed with Cdms.

The most popular midfield players in FIFA 17 are Kante, Dembele, ect ect. In previous FIFAs the most popular midfields were players like iniesta, modric, James, rakitic, ect ect.. Except for perhaps modric, how often do you ever see the worlds best midfielders?

Comments

• Robmu22
    1370 posts Professional
    It's the overpowered AI defending mate. It's prudent to let the ai do all the defending for you.

Most games are a constant struggle and fight against superpowered ai defenders.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Played more times against kante/renato than Iniesta, James, Rakitic combined
  • Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The defending is finally acceptable in this iteration, the problem is in the delay and beyond
    ridic OP keepers.

• Spurs1123
    1939 posts Fans' Favourite
    Teepo wrote: »
    The defending is finally acceptable in this iteration, the problem is in the delay and beyond
    ridic OP keepers.

exactly. this is the most balanced fifa to date.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    Spurs1123 wrote: »
    Teepo wrote: »
    ridic OP keepers.

exactly. this is the most balanced fifa to date.

• Spurs1123
    Also the most popular midfielder in previous fifas was Ramires (aka sanches/kante combined). People like to use physical fast players, has always been powerful players > skillful players
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Robmu22 wrote: »
    It's the overpowered AI defending mate. It's prudent to let the ai do all the defending for you.

This

Can Guarantee you if they made defending full manual 90% of champs players would crumble/not even qualify - I always Manual defend but i enjoy defending as much as attacking
  • Spurs1123
    Uberman656 wrote: »

This

Can Guarantee you if they made defending full manual 90% of champs players would crumble/not even qualify - I always Manual defend but i enjoy defending as much as attacking

Please specify what you mean by manual defending. It would be impossible to control all 10 outfield players. There has to be some sort of AI assistance.
  • Robmu22
    1370 posts Professional

This

Please specify what you mean by manual defending. It would be impossible to control all 10 outfield players. There has to be some sort of AI assistance.

Granted, some assistance is required. But when players sprint around with musa like a romping rabbit on heat and dont need to control a defender nevermind attempt a tackle something is wrong.

This is why every game is repetitive as ****.. Constantly fighting a wall of 10 super ai defenders who very rarely put a foot wrong and can do tackles no human can do.
  • TheRealMadGamer
    1920 posts Fans' Favourite

This

Granted, some assistance is required. But when players sprint around with musa like a romping rabbit on heat and dont need to control a defender nevermind attempt a tackle something is wrong.

This is why every game is repetitive as ****.. Constantly fighting a wall of 10 super ai defenders who very rarely put a foot wrong and can do tackles no human can do.

Put it this way, in previous FIFA a close game would end 6 all not 0 0.
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Contain ruined the game
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Contian is easy to beat
  • BILLYT96
    476 posts Sunday League Hero
    Contian is easy to beat

Not against people that ptb
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Long shots
  • Spurs1123
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    Contian is easy to beat

Ptb may be tough to beat, but keep the ball work it around and try to pen them deep in there end. You'll score easy if you're patient.
  • Bilbao_Baggins
    3954 posts National Call-Up
    Nope. This Fifa forces you to defend deep unless you want to concede spazzy counter attacking sweaty goals all match.
  • MysticM
    1064 posts Professional
    BILLYT96 wrote: »
    Contian is easy to beat

Ptb may be tough to beat, but keep the ball work it around and try to pen them deep in there end. You'll score easy if you're patient.

Yeah ptb and ball shielders are easy to beat.
    I never get why people go ptb from start to end.
    I always play on attacking/balanced.

I never play on defensive, more likely that i up the attacking, i always play attacking football.

Whenever i see my son use ptb or deep defensive line ,or shielding, i tell him off big time, and keep telling him off untill he switches to atleast balanced.

The best defence is offence.

• Retro_G
    30271 posts National Team Captain
    A strong defense will win you titles in the modern game. Look at Barca. They've the best attack on paper, are struggling this season because their defense is poor.
  • Aspral
    3512 posts National Call-Up
    The auto-block and auto-defending is a tad too high. But the game is as balanced as it's ever been.

For me it's the goalkeepers. They're made purely to keep bad players in the game and ruin the skill gap.

You've all had those games where you have 20-30 shots. 15 of them are fantastic chances and the super human GK is saving them all. But your opponent can go up the other end and hit the worst shots that go in.
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional
    Aspral wrote: »
    The auto-block and auto-defending is a tad too high. But the game is as balanced as it's ever been.

For me it's the goalkeepers. They're made purely to keep bad players in the game and ruin the skill gap.

You've all had those games where you have 20-30 shots. 15 of them are fantastic chances and the super human GK is saving them all. But your opponent can go up the other end and hit the worst shots that go in.

This pretty much. Even pace isn't as bad as it used to be. There was a time where over the top through balls were literally unstoppable, even if the CB got to them first the control would be so bad the striker would steal it off you and have a 1 on 1 without fail. That doesn't really happen anymore. There's still issues, yes it encourages deep defence but that does happen in real football sometimes. When the gameplay is good this is possibly the best FIFA in a while, even against ultra defensive (it's not PTB, if they're getting more than 1 player over the halfway line it is not PTB), it's just the connection issues and inconsistent gameplay that cause the problems.

• Dexdan
    640 posts An Exciting Prospect
    The AI defending is ridiculous. Everyone that thinks it is ok is obviously one of those people that charge round with their CDM and don't control any of their defenders. I always switch to the nearest player.

Yes, AI is needed to keep shape but not to do all the work for you whilst you just run around with one player.
  • phep
    1294 posts Professional
    Dexdan wrote: »
    The AI defending is ridiculous. Everyone that thinks it is ok is obviously one of those people that charge round with their CDM and don't control any of their defenders. I always switch to the nearest player.

Yes, AI is needed to keep shape but not to do all the work for you whilst you just run around with one player.

The hardest players to play against are those who stand in front of you controlling the CDM and jockeying from side to side. When they run uncontrollably behind you with Kante they're normally very easy to break down, as they tend to pull players out of position constantly.
  • Mutu10gol
    2580 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not a rant, but this FIFA is for people who defend relentlessly for 120 mins. Its a challenge but it's also very boring.

The winner should be decided by a players skill going forward and not who's best at defending!

Before the patch it was people sitting there on ptb for the entire game. Now it's people relentlessly pressing and defending with 41212 (2) packed with Cdms.

The most popular midfield players in FIFA 17 are Kante, Dembele, ect ect. In previous FIFAs the most popular midfields were players like iniesta, modric, James, rakitic, ect ect.. Except for perhaps modric, how often do you ever see the worlds best midfielders?

true...so true and sad...spot on
  • DeanoZoff
    4359 posts National Call-Up

Iniesta, Modric, James and Rakitic have never been the popular midfielders on FIFA.

They are in the same boat as Ozil and David Silva. Great footballers in real life but not fast or strong enough for FIFA.

Last years popular midfielders were Roberto Pereyra and Ramires.
  • Mutu10gol
    i hope in Fifa18 they will add also double park the bus, or park the airplane....and please bring much more autodefending :smile:
  • Pieman25
    16611 posts World Class
    That's good, I like to defend.
  • Diggy
    13766 posts Has That Special Something
    Mutu10gol wrote: »
    i hope in Fifa18 they will add also double park the bus, or park the airplane....and please bring much more autodefending :smile:

Are you a sadist
  • Mutu10gol
    Pieman25 wrote: »

with all the respect, but we are not defending in this game, i don t even know how to call it :smile: midfield running or midfield jockey button
  • Pieman25
    16611 posts World Class

with all the respect, but we are not defending in this game, i don t even know how to call it :smile: midfield running or midfield jockey button

You might be but I'm defending when I play it without the jockey button or running players back. Each to their own but I can only advise how I play it.
  • Mutu10gol

You might be but I'm defending when I play it without the jockey button or running players back. Each to their own but I can only advise how I play it.

are you sure you are talking about FIFA 17 ?