Ajax [Not active - closed]

Comments

• subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    You were near the victory against Zenit, especially in the second half. Now things look quite difficult... even beating Madrid at the Bernabeu. As you say you are paying your errors upfront because Ajax have played better than the rival in all 3 games.

In the league, you are the dictator. Well done.
  • Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    bwROjER.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 2017
    I lost the Crewe-savegame / accidental overwrite by this Ajax career, which of course we'll continue...

ISMooYF.png
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    edited April 2017
    Nice gap at the top there. You picked NAC Breda apart, and you then got a more than convincing win against Heerenveen after going 1-0 down for the first time in the season. You never know what could happen in such a situation but you responded properly.

Sad to see players like Robben and Sneijder leave the National team, but it was to be expected. Bring on the youths! :)
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 2017
    BualVUP.png

h1Plnt9.png
  • subpop
    Interesting article.

A question for Hoven: Without any doubt Hoven already is a manager with certain prestige. His Ajax is a power in the Dutch league and he is seriously considered by the Dutch FA to manage the national team. Even knowing he has an ongoing contract with Ajax, does he feel that he has reached a roof in Amsterdam? Would he consider other plans as going to a top league to test himself?
  • Danimal5981
    subpop wrote: »
    Interesting article.

A question for Hoven: Without any doubt Hoven already is a manager with certain prestige. His Ajax is a power in the Dutch league and he is seriously considered by the Dutch FA to manage the national team. Even knowing he has an ongoing contract with Ajax, does he feel that he has reached a roof in Amsterdam? Would he consider other plans as going to a top league to test himself?

'I have not yet reached the roof in Amsterdam, but should a good team from a top league come by, I am willing to talk and negotiate'
  • ale85bg
    YEEEES!!! Great result there, now everything is open again... Consider that Arsenal and Real need to play each other... ;)
  • subpop
    Thanks for the answer... btw I don't know why I have missed the post of the game vs Madrid. Congratulations for the victory in that smelly place. :#

Payback is the right word because you lost at home in a game you should have won and this time you won when they had the best chances.

Anyway this is football. You are alive and Zenit's victory gives you hopes too. It is in your hands now.
  • Alastair
    10208 posts Moderator
    I've just had a bit of a catch up on your story. Nice to see you doing well in the league and in Europe, hopefully you can snatch that 2nd place in the group although winning the EL might be more achievable than getting far in the CL.

I love your teletext graphic a few pages back. :)

Out of interest, on the CL table what do the numbers in brackets mean?
  • Danimal5981
    Alastair wrote: »

Out of interest, on the CL table what do the numbers in brackets mean?

goals for and against

Glad to see someone appreciating good ole' ceefax.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Awesome result in the UCL, and away from home to :o
  • Richoman
    69 posts Park Captain
    suberb graphics mate!!
  • Danimal5981
    An 'okay-ish' warm-up towards another moment of truth! A bit rusty....
    Next up...: Arsenal (Away) in the Champions Cup.
    qlZKWK3.png

k8qXyAv.png

• ale85bg
    Nice to admit that you didn't deserve the win in Eindhoven but hey, with a win or with a draw you would've been dominating the league anyway! :smile:
    Looking forward now to see how you fare against Arsenal.
  • subpop
    Two important victories, especially the last, to affirm the top position.

Now the important match vs Arsenal. Maybe the draw at the Emirates is enough, if you consider that Arsenal and Madrid face each other in the next game.

But definitely a victory (as if it was easy) will practically give you the ticket to the knock out phases.
  • Danimal5981
  • ale85bg
    NOOOO!!! :'(

By the way, is it me or the CPU went into "unstoppable berserk mode" during the buildup taht brought to the 1-0 goal?
    ...and how on Earth is what happened at minute 62 not a penalty?
  • Danimal5981
    ale85bg wrote: »
    NOOOO!!! :'(

By the way, is it me or the CPU went into "unstoppable berserk mode" during the buildup taht brought to the 1-0 goal?
    ...and how on Earth is what happened at minute 62 not a penalty?

Well, whatever it was: I can live with the result. In the first games I got too little. This time around, I couldn't bounce back from that 1-0. The build-up to that opening goal was my fault too. I normal would press high up the pitch and here I allowed Arsenal to pass the ball around, with Riedewald making a fatal error.

I indeed had the feeling the ref being against my team. Olsen not getting a free kick when getting injured. Not getting a penalty in the 62nd, whereas I wasn't sure why Arsenal then did get one later on... But I do not feel I have been had, I was simply outclassed: ❤️❤️❤️❤️ happens...

OCMtCuy.png

dZGyYZp.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 2017
    If Arsenal beats Real Madrid
    Ajax need a win to advance in the Champions Cup (and so would opponent Zenit)

If Arsenal and Real Madrid draw
    Ajax need a win by 3 goals or more (equal H2H result with Real, goal diff decides)

(should Real Madrid win) to remain above Zenit
    Ajax would need a win or goalless draw to (at least) advance in the EURO League
    (first game 0-0 / better goal diff: H2H result decides)

If Ajax would lose, the European season is over!

All to play for...
  • subpop
    I agree with all what you said about the referee. The penalty in the minute 62 was clear... and when you compare it with the one Arsenal got, it is to get angry.

Anyway, refs aside, I believe Ajax controlled the match in terms of ball possession. This is something I like from the way you play, patience in the buildup. But in other games you created a good share of chances and this time I can only remember a save by Cech early in the game. After seeing them all, I would say it was the worst Ajax game in the Champions Cup this season... too predictable in atrack perhaps, unlike the good games against RM.

Anyway there's still a chance. Not in your hands, try to beat Zenit. If you are winning 2-0, look for the third. Then wait and see... sometimes miracles happen.
  • Danimal5981
    subpop wrote: »
    I agree with all what you said about the referee. The penalty in the minute 62 was clear... and when you compare it with the one Arsenal got, it is to get angry.

Anyway, refs aside, I believe Ajax controlled the match in terms of ball possession. This is something I like from the way you play, patience in the buildup. But in other games you created a good share of chances and this time I can only remember a save by Cech early in the game. After seeing them all, I would say it was the worst Ajax game in the Champions Cup this season... too predictable in atrack perhaps, unlike the good games against RM.

Anyway there's still a chance. Not in your hands, try to beat Zenit. If you are winning 2-0, look for the third. Then wait and see... sometimes miracles happen.

Thanks, yes I try to play 'ultra-Dutch' - 4-3-3, attacking wing play, deep wing backs, high up the pitch, ultra-attacking and with team pressure (zone defense). And then, by keeping discipline in the organization, 9 out of 10 times you pass your opponent to pieces (if your pace is high enough). It normally creates many chances and that was indeed what was missing against Arsenal... anyhow, I hope they fulfill their duty and give Real a hard time, so I could still have a chance, but beating Zenit would at least extend my stay in Europe (whichever tournament).
    yl32I1d.png

sUu4bwe.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited April 2017
    I had hope from 27 minutes onwards, which came slightly undone due to Mcinally's news just before halftime. Then followed a very nervous 2nd half....

Remember, Zenit equalizing meant I would be done in Europe...

Nailbiting stuff.... :wink:

• ale85bg
    I agree that hearing that Real were 2-0 up could've demotivated you but luckily enough it's not been so (by the way, I've seen several pieces of very good play in there, well done!). Now on to the UEL, it's not a bad result considering you had Arsenal and Real Madrid in the group!

About the league, well, you're dominating and you managed to keep one of the supposed title contenders at a distance by not letting them defeat you... So there's not much to say there apart from "congrats".
  • subpop
    Definitely Ajax did what they had to do. I believe you had all the match under control, the ball possession and the best chances. Now I don't remember anything special from Zenit, so even defending without the ball was solid.

The announcement of the goals in London were not positive, but Ajax were focus. At the end there wasn't a miracle and it's useless to regret something. All the best in the Europa League.

In the domestic league, you keep flying. Considering the circumstances, before a big game, the rival and the comfortable gap, the draw vs Feyenoord is a good result.
  • Danimal5981
    wS191d0.png

Ndo80Ja.png

OxsV32v.png
  • Danimal5981
    dd1yyqR.png
  • ale85bg
    You bounced back immediately, well done mate!
  • Terry123
    21 posts Ball Boy
    Unlucky on going out of the CL. Hopefully you'll show a strong showing in Europa though. Good luck!
  • Danimal5981
    Thanks all:

@subpop - @ale85bg - yes good results, but fatigue is sneaking in so winter-break seems to come at the right time. @Terry123 - That is a hard target for me after last seasons slight disappointment. The draw is interesting; more on that.... soon.

5ukn12v.png