Dost Highlights People's love for pace

Nathlee123
467 posts An Exciting Prospect
edited April 2017
So been looking through TOTW for a couple of new players. Immediately Dost caught my eye. He has 91 shooting & 90 physical at base stats.
Positioning, shot power ball control and finishing all 94. Reactions 99, volleys 92, heading accuracy 99, short passing 86 and strength 99.
Now we all know because he isn't fast, he is going for 15k currently. His nation isn't too bad and the league has some fairly nice cards in it.
I bought him and tested him out. I had pires on the wing to get balls in to him and my word what a joke. He couldn't get on the end of anything. Anything he actually managed to he simply decided to chest. Then I put him in a 2 man striker formation with jonas and my word is he good. Hold up play is superb, he's a complete tank and his shooting is sensational.
But because he's slow, he's cheap and no one uses him.
I think people miss out on such fun cards and formations because they won't use a forward with less than 88 pace. Benteke, giroud, belotti, dost etc are so good to use but pace is so craved that they're rarely used.

Comments

• blasé
    767 posts Semi-Pro
    Pace is simply more effective than any other stat and the market mirrors this.

I've came up against his nif before and he was decent but good luck trying to win a header with him. He looks like a shield-spam-warrior.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Nathlee123 wrote: »
    So been looking through TOTW for a couple of new players. Immediately Dost caught my eye. He has 91 shooting & 90 physical at base stats.
    Positioning, shot power ball control and finishing all 94. Reactions 99, volleys 92, heading accuracy 99, short passing 86 and strength 99.
    Now we all know because he isn't fast, he is going for 15k currently. His nation isn't too bad and the league has some fairly nice cards in it.
    I bought him and tested him out. I had pires on the wing to get balls in to him and my word what a joke. He couldn't get on the end of anything. Anything he actually managed to he simply decided to chest. Then I put him in a 2 man striker formation with jonas and my word is he good. Hold up play is superb, he's a complete tank and his shooting is sensational.
    But because he's slow, he's cheap and no one uses him.
    I think people miss out on such fun cards and formations because they won't use a forward with less than 88 pace. Benteke, giroud, belotti, dost etc are so good to use but pace is so craved that they're rarely used.

I know it's such a waste.

I've used Wagner from Hoffenheim with 60 pace and he's a great target man. Also used Totti all year despite no pace as well as Xabi Alonso. But in FIFA you'd think there was only one attribute that makes a good player.
  • Tornado31619
    21601 posts Club Captain
    The only relevant stats after pace are strength and shot power. Accuracy is mostly determined by you.
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    I'll use quite a few with lower than the community accepted pace, negredo for eg I've played over 300 games with and he's got near a goal a game.

Bear in mind its not just the pace though the market is being absolutely flooded with ifs this week and the majority would only ever realusticly use 2 of them in son and dybala.

• RealM
    6443 posts Big Money Move
    If playing on semi-pro gives the same reward as world class, why bother with the harder difficulty?
  • ZizioGardo
    1436 posts Professional
    I'll use quite a few with lower than the community accepted pace, negredo for eg I've played over 300 games with and he's got near a goal a game.

Bear in mind its not just the pace though the market is being absolutely flooded with ifs this week and the majority would only ever realusticly use 2 of them in son and dybala.

Almost 1 goal pr. match and 300 matches with Negredo? That's def. not Division 1 online..
  • WarrenBarton
    10453 posts Has That Special Something
    51 agility and 48 balance make him unusable for a lot of people's playing style.
  • DeOuweDibbes
    597 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It can work for sure. But why bother when Emenike can score you hattricks by playing on the counter.
  • COLD-187
    1554 posts Play-Off Hero
    ZizioGardo wrote: »

Almost 1 goal pr. match and 300 matches with Negredo? That's def. not Division 1 online..

Where did he say it was
  • Nathlee123
    It can work for sure. But why bother when Emenike can score you hattricks by playing on the counter.

Countering off corners is just a joke. Got dost chiellini koscielny etc in the box for a corner yet it is always cleared and 3 rapid forwards absolutely punish the one right back the game has decided to place in the centre circle.
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pace is an easy way to score that doesn't require a whole lot of skill
  • Thamightyboro
    7108 posts Big Money Move
    ZizioGardo wrote: »

Nope its not would have been from 10-3 and WL till I left PC to go to ps4 in Feb. Used him 10-3 on ps4 till got SBC higuain.

4411 so uber pace isn't a requirement, in fact I quite like slower st as arrive to the box layer than wingers for cut backs.
  • Nathlee123
    tikitaka33 wrote: »
    Pace is an easy way to score that doesn't require a whole lot of skill

100% right. Can't blame people for using what's in the game. I had martial lukaku and Theo probably week 1-week 10 of the game and it absolutely bored me. I knew if I got one of the wider men past the defensive line I'd either score a low driven shot or the keeper would parry to one of the other 3, I got so bored of it. Was just rinse and repeat.
  • blasé
    767 posts Semi-Pro

The level of satisfaction scoring with a player of 66 pace compared to that of a 99 pace player though...
  • blasé
    767 posts Semi-Pro

Countering off corners is just a joke. Got dost chiellini koscielny etc in the box for a corner yet it is always cleared and 3 rapid forwards absolutely punish the one right back the game has decided to place in the centre circle.

Recently I've noticed the last man will be my CAM, Danny, who has something like 20 Def.

Good game!
  • Nathlee123
    blasé wrote: »

Recently I've noticed the last man will be my CAM, Danny, who has something like 20 Def.

Good game!

Haha it's some set up at times this game.
  • DeOuweDibbes
    I played with class players with average (75) pace as wide players and could not even get into the box. Used average 90+ pace strikers as CAMs and started dominating.

Pace and strength are the most important stats in FUT. Seasons gameplay is so much better and feels more like a real match.
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero

That's true but I think people want variety and for FIFA to accommodate different play styles. Not just a one dimensional approach based around pace or the OP formation for the year.
  • Nathlee123
    BistroXII wrote: »

That's true but I think people want variety and for FIFA to accommodate different play styles. Not just a one dimensional approach based around pace or the OP formation for the year.
    The formations drive me insane. Same 3 formations over and over. I think I've tried every formation this year except a 5atb one. For the pace spamming that 4-3-2-1 is just ridiculous. Everyone has either martial/mane/salah. I've played people who weren't very good but if I lost the ball ypcfirld them 3 would be off like a shot and just shred my defence.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    I play with slower players in pretty much every FIFA, at least as my strikers. I have SIF Kalinic now in my Serie A team and he's amazing.

Only thing that puts me off of using Dost is his 3* weak foot. I just can't play with 3* weak footed players. I tried Cavani and he just missed sitters, while Kalinic is only here putting every left footed shot away.

If Dost had 3* I'd pick him up. It's the same reason I could never get along with Mandzukic.
  • DeOuweDibbes
    EA is always making FUT the arcade kids playground. Just run, zig-zag and score.

Passing, vision, interceptions, positioning is nothing compared to a seasons game. You can feel you are using Iniesta in that mode in a positive way.

I can even use Mane, Musa and Martial as a midfield and still dominate matches, that's just crazy. :unamused:
  • Nathlee123
    EA is always making FUT the arcade kids playground. Just run, zig-zag and score.

Passing, vision, interceptions, positioning is nothing compared to a seasons game. You can feel you are using Iniesta in that mode in a positive way.

I can even use Mane, Musa and Martial as a midfield and still dominate matches, that's just crazy. :unamused:

This is another issue. I often see people playing strikers at cam. A cam in my mind is the puppet master. Play runs through him. Yet people play musa there. He should be absolutely horrific in that position. Yet he is able to turn 270 degrees in one motion and perform a 20 yard through ball directly splitting 3 players to allow vardy through on goal. It's just wrong. I don't think I've found much difference in passing compared to previous years. Some cam's I've had in the past years were absolutely vital to how often I got through on goal.
  • Izzy2K17
    12019 posts Has That Special Something
    I really like Kane, he's one of the "slower" ones but he's not really that slow
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    The less pace is a factor in game, the larger the skill gap becomes.
  • Pranav
    799 posts Semi-Pro
    i use higuain and kane as striker not slow strikers but defintely not the rapid strikers im used to playing with
  • Alp_2760
    1952 posts Play-Off Hero
    That's good though surely? It means people who want all the cards you think are fun are cheap. Do you want them to be more expensive?
  • LittleAnt
    1201 posts Professional
    I use slower strikers but 75 dribbling is awful
  • CaptEcuador16
    1873 posts Play-Off Hero
    Pace isn't a big factor in this game you can't deny that fact. Saying that I would use Dost with a Hunter card still just to max the pace even though he will still be pretty slow but I could work with that. I run with an MLS team that includes Drogba and he has the same pace and is a total beast you just have to play to his strengths and make sure he's not chasing a very long through ball
  • RadioShaq
    16047 posts Moderator
    He doesn't look that good besides pace. Bad weak foot and skills low stamina. Then his work rates are bad and his passing. Then his dribbling means he will turn like a truck. The only thing he looks good at is heading and shooting but others can do that with less pace.