The Sport Discussion Lounge (R.I.P. In Peace)

Comments

• Jack
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    Before you's all leave, as I'm sure I will do too. A 25/1 gift to start April. Chelsea Lad wins the Lincoln
  • LeedsLester
    6358 posts Big Money Move
    I'll be at the Lincoln. Look out for me. :D
  • LeedsLester
    Got Coo Star Sivola at 13s, goes off 13/2, nice lil place money
  • ShaunCPFC
    4291 posts National Call-Up
    I'll stick about as on here anyway if anyone is having a look at racing don't see why we can't have conversation like every other sport does :+1:
  • Smudge
    4628 posts National Call-Up
    ShaunCPFC wrote: »
    I'll stick about as on here anyway if anyone is having a look at racing don't see why we can't have conversation like every other sport does :+1:

They can't have betting discussion for legal reasons (I'm pretty sure it must be this as EA are majorly obsessed with legal issues compared to most other gaming companies it seems) and people post about bets anyway.
  • ShaunCPFC
    Smudge wrote: »
    ShaunCPFC wrote: »

They can't have betting discussion for legal reasons (I'm pretty sure it must be this as EA are majorly obsessed with legal issues compared to most other gaming companies it seems) and people post about bets anyway.

Yeah know what you mean mate, it's a shame but I'll stay around anyway. Horse racing is a sport as well as a sport that is bet on, Dont think they understand that.
  • LeedsLester
    edited March 2017
    should start posting bets/odds talk in other sport's threads and see if they close them.
  • Smudge
    4628 posts National Call-Up
    They are probably being extremely lenient on this thread because the Punters Lounge wasn't any trouble before the new rules. If you want a thread to discuss the sport you're going to have to refrain from posting betting stuff is what I have been told basically. Which is what a certain mod has told me he deems to be impossible for horse racing.
  • ShaunCPFC
    They are probably being extremely lenient on this thread because the Punters Lounge wasn't any trouble before the new rules. If you want a thread to discuss the sport you're going to have to refrain from posting betting stuff is what I have been told basically. Which is what a certain mod has told me he deems to be impossible for horse racing.

That's their personal opinion but it's hardly fair to judge horse racing as a sport that all it has going for it is betting. There is far more too it then that. Like with Any sport you naturally discus who you think will win, football threads etc are open and people discuss who they reckon will win. No different
  • Aarong222
    15406 posts Moderator

:cry:
  • Lard_Lad
    12630 posts Has That Special Something
    SF9 wrote: »

It's the truth
  • Lard_Lad
    Anyway it's been nice to catch up lads, I wish this thread could stay as active as the old lounge but can't see it happening. See you all in a year
  • ShaunCPFC
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    Anyway it's been nice to catch up lads, I wish this thread could stay as active as the old lounge but can't see it happening. See you all in a year

Let's see how it goes..
  • Lard_Lad
    As long as we don't discuss b****g then it won't get close however the main reason the old lounge was so popular was because we discussed b*****g.
  • ShaunCPFC
    Lard_Lad wrote: »
    As long as we don't discuss b****g then it won't get close however the main reason the old lounge was so popular was because we discussed b*****g.

:joy:

Bit of a nightmare then really.

However this week it's been about horses we'd like to see win and reckon can, not directly listing what we're b*****g specifically and amounts etc. :+1:
  • Tom
    11377 posts Has That Special Something
    Still waiting on replies from said mod and admins, not holding my breath.
  • ShaunCPFC
    Tom wrote: »
    Still waiting on replies from said mod and admins, not holding my breath.

What you asked mate?
  • Aarong222
    15406 posts Moderator
    Had a 1k opinion point win on Bedene today :sweat_smile:
  • Tom
    11377 posts Has That Special Something
    Big gamble on El Tel, 4:20.
  • Jack
    3448 posts National Call-Up
    Jack wrote: »
    Before you's all leave, as I'm sure I will do too. A 25/1 gift to start April. Chelsea Lad wins the Lincoln

10s now lads, yous were told
  • Salty P3anut
    8885 posts League Winner
    Jack wrote: »

Best of luck bud buzzing for the flat to be back
  • Salty P3anut
    8885 posts League Winner
    Such a frustrating ride on sovereign debt there was crying out for some room or to be switched to the outside
  • LeedsLester
    When Kool Kompany was my paddock pick, Jack said it was targetting this race and was meant to be a good thing and no money goes down on him. Had 2 winners where I liked them in the paddock today (Fahey 2yo also) with no money down. FFS.

Excited now the Flat is back tho. Bring on the Guineas.
  • Salty P3anut
    8885 posts League Winner
    When Kool Kompany was my paddock pick, Jack said it was targetting this race and was meant to be a good thing and no money goes down on him. Had 2 winners where I liked them in the paddock today (Fahey 2yo also) with no money down. FFS.

Excited now the Flat is back tho. Bring on the Guineas.

At least you can say you have a good eye :D . Had a nice win with ballet concerto so a good start to the season for me
  • LeedsLester
    9ba18f50467674519337d7411d321a2a.png

seeing him tho was me highlight of the day :D anyone remember the gambling documentery series few years ago?
  • Salty P3anut
    8885 posts League Winner

seeing him tho was me highlight of the day :D anyone remember the gambling documentery series few years ago?

The BBC one ? Can't remember who that guy was tho
  • TC
    10283 posts Has That Special Something

Big hoofs
  • Adamski
    9948 posts League Winner
    IPL is back :# hit a couple of margins but nothing huge