The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Wtf has happened to Fifa?

Mazza78
344 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi
I've gone to play it tonight and it's slow, and judders around and basically doesn't play smoothly!? Tried it on season and offline and it's terrible!! Wtf!?

Comments

• TubAShet
    1400 posts Professional
    Update ruined it
  • NornIron
    12262 posts Has That Special Something
    Mine is usually bad online even though all my matches are 5 bars but tonight offline is the worst I've ever seen it I might as well not be holding the controller.
  • finally it's football and not some "who presses the buttons quicker" race
  • Mutu10gol
    2630 posts Fans' Favourite
    TubAShet wrote: »
    Update ruined it

• iWilshere_19
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    Is it that bad? Have they slowed the gameplay down?
  • Mazza78
    finally it's football and not some "who presses the buttons quicker" race

You must one hell of a player then if you can play a game that's lags and has button delay especially. Or maybe your just very 'special'
  • ozcs_69
    3454 posts National Call-Up

I wish what you say is truly the case
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    edited March 2017

Lol it's the farthest away from a real football game than it has ever been right now. 3 ping pong 180 degree passes to get from your own box to your opponents box within 3 seconds, play a 1-2 or do a shot fake / skill move and you're one on one with the goal keeper.
    Bounce into your opponent and send him flying 10 yards or slide tackle him from the back without a foul being called, lol yeah, that's real football. Most hilarious animation is the L2R2 dribbling though. Wtf has this dribble animation to do with real football ?
    FIFA 17 is basically NHL 17 with a green pitch, instead of ice and 11 players instead of 6. Wouldn't even shock me if they recycled the same animations for both games as they just look so similar (especially that L2R2 dribbling, the quick passes and the bodychecks).
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner

This game had more to do with real football than FIFA 17. Look at 3:05 - 3:17. The same things happened 25 years back with worse graphics. Obviously EA used the game mechanics engine from a NES game.
  • Robmu22
    1418 posts Professional
    Its the fecking button delay and player reactions that are horrendous
  • Mazza78
    Well I'm done with the piece of [email protected]&!
  • ha032742
    35714 posts Moderator
    Gameplay is horrific since the update. Not had one smooth game. Every player is unresponsive and move as though they're on ice. Feel as though I have no control at all.
  • I thought it was just me but glad to know I'm not alone here. It's absolutely terrible. Dribbling is ridiculously **** and unresponsive.
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6803 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2017
    Such a great game and it gets ruined by a greedy company. It's not a connection issue on the player side. It's server sided and it always been like that. Why? Because I play my neighbor everday and we both have a solid connection and the game is still extremely sluggish. (7-10ms) on online speed tests
  • ha032742
    35714 posts Moderator
    edited March 2017
    @CuteIsWhatIAim4 I now feel what you've been experiencing the past few months :'(
  • FatZeddd
    524 posts Sunday League Hero
    When are EA going to respond, how many issues is enough without a single proper response or fix, let alone any sort of acknowledgement from them!
  • ic3man
    95 posts Park Captain
    ha032742 wrote: »
    @CuteIsWhatIAim4 I now feel what you've been experiencing the past few months :'(

For many of us it's rather the past few years. Although (at least for me) it has never been as ridiculous as it is now...
  • Sodan70
    882 posts Semi-Pro
    One heck of a birthday present.. F*** the free packs, lame SBC's...
    Concentrate on the effing game play.. FFS.
  • Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Listen up guys: As you should know by now... If passing is too difficult in the previous fifa, then it's gonna be super easy in the next edition.
    If Pace don't work in one edition of fifa, then it will be overpowered in the next.

So my point is: Fifa 18 is going to be super responsive/arcadey.

It's always extremes with EA, cuz if they get it right they won't have any reason to make a New game.
  • Low Ki
    11975 posts Has That Special Something
    Here's the truth: Every year FIFA is an incomplete game whose sole purpose is to meet the deadline and then once that's accomplished the studio moves on to work on the next FIFA game while all the subsequent patches are most likely handled by interns on placement at EA.
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    Servers have just been hella laggy.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    @CuteIsWhatIAim4 they use the same refs as well as they never call fouls
  • Cainy_1998
    136 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2017
    Looks like it's going to be another stressful WL league for me if it's going to play anything like the qualifiers when this happened earlier....
    I was hammering the button and anolog stick but it just would not switch man, then it passed to totally wrong guy
  • ColeWorld
    11082 posts Has That Special Something
    Cainy_1998 wrote: »
    Looks like it's going to be another stressful WL league for me if it's going to play anything like the qualifiers when this happened earlier....
    I was hammering the button and anolog stick but it just would not switch man, then it passed to totally wrong guy

Player switching is broken for years now and nothing happens
  • blackerLVP
    940 posts Semi-Pro

This game had more to do with real football than FIFA 17. Look at 3:05 - 3:17. The same things happened 25 years back with worse graphics. Obviously EA used the game mechanics engine from a NES game.

omg, our childhood right here!!!!
    had more fun with this compared to this FIFA!
  • Fletch
    3508 posts National Call-Up
    Surely there are more people than just me who get no lag at all
  • BistroXII
    1970 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fletch wrote: »
    Surely there are more people than just me who get no lag at all

I don't or if I do it's rare and not extreme, luckily.

• DadBod
    6302 posts Big Money Move
    Don't worry guys, EA will send a rare consumables gift pack to make you happy :D
  • andreens
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    ic3man wrote: »
    ha032742 wrote: »

For many of us it's rather the past few years. Although (at least for me) it has never been as ridiculous as it is now...

From Fifa 14 lm going trough this.I know what is this.But moderator is there!
  • DicaniosGod
    5440 posts Big Money Move
    I was quite enjoying the gameplay last week, then they went ,and as alway, ruined a game they didn't need to touch!!