If you run around with you mid's and let the CPU play defense for you...

Comments

  • Al_Smizzle
    135 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    TWS001 wrote: »
    EA want to take this game into the world of e-sports but it will never work. Too many bugs, exploits and overly OP things. The problem is being a yearly release, the game will never be fully balanced, so it will always be this way.

    I get where you're coming from but how do you think the pro FIFA players stay good at the game throughout different FIFAs? Just because there's exploits that people overuse doesn't mean that should be used as an excuse for why you're losing, those exploits are there for you too.

    Exploits are lame, exploiting them is lame. Instead of a game of skill it becomes about stopping a shot or move from a magic spot like the shot fake 3 bar back post corner...

    Lame.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    TWS001 wrote: »
    TWS001 wrote: »
    EA want to take this game into the world of e-sports but it will never work. Too many bugs, exploits and overly OP things. The problem is being a yearly release, the game will never be fully balanced, so it will always be this way.

    I get where you're coming from but how do you think the pro FIFA players stay good at the game throughout different FIFAs? Just because there's exploits that people overuse doesn't mean that should be used as an excuse for why you're losing, those exploits are there for you too.

    Yeah, the same pool of guys will qualify, but have you seen how some of the matches were decided? The goal Gorilla let in or this beauty?

    http://clips.twitch.tv/EsteemedAuspiciousBeefAMPEnergy

    The game is too much of a mess. It will never be taken seriously.

    Obviously there's going to be elements of luck in the game just like their is with everything in life, as well as exploits like there is in every other game also. My point is people complaining should either just stop playing the game and stressing themselves out, or learn how to use the exploits to their advantage like the pro players do, whining and complaining never makes you improve at anything.
  • I SiR MartY I
    5612 posts Big Money Move
    FIFA11 there was literally a button that could force a defender to heavily pressure the ball

    It wasn't even heavy pressure, RB made a player run to the ball and auto tackle, not contain and holding A made you sprint straight at the ball and auto tackle it, no containing unless you held LT at the same time.

    So the OP saying that you had to learn to defend on FIFA 11 is some serious rose tinted glasses because before FIFA 12, defending was incredibly easy.
  • xxFifaLegendxxx
    1891 posts Play-Off Hero
    Al_Smizzle wrote: »
    TWS001 wrote: »
    EA want to take this game into the world of e-sports but it will never work. Too many bugs, exploits and overly OP things. The problem is being a yearly release, the game will never be fully balanced, so it will always be this way.

    I get where you're coming from but how do you think the pro FIFA players stay good at the game throughout different FIFAs? Just because there's exploits that people overuse doesn't mean that should be used as an excuse for why you're losing, those exploits are there for you too.

    Exploits are lame, exploiting them is lame. Instead of a game of skill it becomes about stopping a shot or move from a magic spot like the shot fake 3 bar back post corner...

    Lame.

    Every game has exploits, obviously the people who are good at the game are going to use exploits to their advantage, exposing an exploit well is still a as much as a skill as any "skill" in video gaming.
  • WALTON1981
    196 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The only way EA could fix this issue is to lock the player switching in the AUTO position.
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2017
    It wasn't even heavy pressure, RB made a player run to the ball and auto tackle, not contain and holding A made you sprint straight at the ball and auto tackle it, no containing unless you held LT at the same time.
    Legacy defending it was possible to make 3 players chasing ball holder all game by choosing tackle button, teammate contain and high pressure tactic (aggression tactic value to double), this is the main reason why they ditch auto tackle button and switch to auto contain

    But now even contain button isn't really needed with OP auto defending, now is mostly used for auto guiding defender and not to contain

  • TWS001
    2214 posts Fans' Favourite
    The big e-sports games are constantly balanced though. I'm sure games like LoL are worked on constantly and patched to prevent big exploits and anything being overly OP.
  • Davisto
    6356 posts Big Money Move
    Damn how many complain threads do you make jesus :joy:
  • I SiR MartY I
    5612 posts Big Money Move
    maksi wrote: »
    It wasn't even heavy pressure, RB made a player run to the ball and auto tackle, not contain and holding A made you sprint straight at the ball and auto tackle it, no containing unless you held LT at the same time.
    In legacy defending you could make 3 players chasing all game by choosing tackle button, teammate contain and high pressure tactic (aggression tactic value to double)

    Yup, that was crazy, was homing missiles coming from all angles.
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2017
    That's the only way to defend people who just sprint at you, if I used my CBs I would concede to LB+Y left and right
  • CFCHenri
    3458 posts National Call-Up
    TWS001 wrote: »
    Ovo23 wrote: »
    You are the worst kind of player. And I hate you with all my heart. I don't even care anymore. It's 1000% ridiculous that you can literally choose Sanches, Kante or Nainggolan and sprint around your defensive half for 90' and never once choose a CB and that counts as great defending in this game. The CPU marks every. single. run. They block every. single. pass and shot. They're never caught out of position and man mark you like a mirror. If EA NERFED **** AUTO DEFENSE than 80% OF THESE STUPID PLAYERS would lose EVERY game. Because the moment they have to choose a CB and defend on their own, they get slaughtered.

    If you can be on the other side of the pitch running around and the ball is on the opposite side and the CPU is STILL getting the ball for you without you even pressing a button or doing any sort of defending yourself? That's A **** PROBLEM EA!

    I'm sorry for ranting, but people like me who came up on Fifa 11 where you actually had to learn to defend to be good get beat time and time again to GARBAGE players because their back line is impenetrable and if that person scores two garbage goals (rebounds, the ball bounces right to his player...etc.) It's not really fair imo. Just crazy inconsistent.

    U have to learn how to best the AI..
    ball roll l1/lb sprint boost is the solution. I do it every single time when I see my oponent is autodefending. Afterwards I m getting hate messages I would only run through their defenders and I m so : sorry dude if u would choose your cb and defend manually this would not happen

    Good luck trying to do a ball roll in lag and delay!

  • Dazido
    215 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Against these kind of players you need to change it up, i mostly play through the middle but against players who just dont defend look to get the ball wide and double up on opposing full backs and get the ball into the box. Because of the low pressure its so easy to cause havoc in the box. Just watch for counters
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2017
    The main issue is that if you choose defender to step out of the defensive line then other defender instead midfielder compensate that hole and make big space in the middle or on the side and make an easy job for a attacker to exploit that hole, it's just bad AI defending.

    So if you choose CB or LB while defending it will totally mess up your defence because nobody know what do to do anymore because they are not on their primary position.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Attacking ai does all your runs so your not playing your own offense your the worst kind of player you cant even attack by your self op
  • 1q2w3e
    330 posts Sunday League Hero
    Life isnt about what **** cards you are dealt with, but rather, how you make full use of those **** cards.

    same goes with fifa.

    I had it with people whom are feeling all entitled and **** and complaining day in day out.
    Thats how EA designed the game, though ****. But, just deal it with i guess? No point ranting since the first day of game released knowing that nothing is ever going to change.

    For what its worth, this wasnt directed to you but to the entire community.
  • Mutu10gol
    2589 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited March 2017
    Mutu10gol wrote: »
    You hate people with "all your heart" who play a video game a certain way?

    they don t play the game, CPU plays for them

    And? Are you in the OP unable to do these tactics yourself? God forbid we have a competitive video game where people actually try and win.

    fifalegend :) say what? this is a competitive video game? :smile: you are to funny
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    edited March 2017
    Attacking ai does all your runs so your not playing your own offense your the worst kind of player you cant even attack by your self op
    on attack you can't instantly switch to all players like you can while you defending

    if you could i wouldn't have problem with auto defending because i could trigger/guide attacking runs myself
  • ClevelandRocks8
    1189 posts Professional
    FIFA11 there was literally a button that could force a defender to heavily pressure the ball

    No there wasn't. There was jockey and tackle, that's it. No two man press ****, no contain bullsh**, no cpu doing everything for you ****

    Lol yes there was, defenders were like guided missiles

  • WallOfTrump
    585 posts Sunday League Hero
    Davisto wrote: »
    Damn how many complain threads do you make jesus :joy:

    Seems like every other day is a whine thread about this.
    1. People that don't care don't write multiple paragraph complaints...
    2. You may not like the fact you can't get through CPU defenders, but it's makes for a far more realistic game plays.
    youre literally complaining that people aren't forced to draw players out of position for you to get in behind. Or that overdribbling doesn't work on CPU...
    3. Evade tacklers with moves and shielding and make quick purposeful build up passes to get a quality shot...
    im average but have never met a player in wl I can't get a couple of quality shot on goal in a game against.
    CPU defending lessons the OP of over dribbling and forces players to be more tactically sound.(I seldom do it if ever, but it definitely makes over dribbles have to play more realistically.)

    Good for the game. #Fact
  • Aspral
    3525 posts National Call-Up
    The proof to what you say is when the opponent puts the controller down. Sometimes they play better than when they were playing with a controller.
  • WallOfTrump
    585 posts Sunday League Hero
    Aspral wrote: »
    The proof to what you say is when the opponent puts the controller down. Sometimes they play better than when they were playing with a controller.

    Yeah. But if you can't score 5-10 goals in a half with controller down...you're not playing the game well. (I'm not saying this as somebody elite condcending player.. I'm average.) I think the OPs comment is on how the CPU defense allow you to press freely with your CM. But that's still easily beatable with quick pursoseful passes and a little shielding/dribbling/misdirection for space.

    It basically just prevents people from being able to dribble through a series of manually controlled defenders...(at least in my experience maybe I've just somehow never faced the people y'all are talking about in all my WL games...)
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    If you strongly dislike AI-controlled defenders being overpowered, play 11v11 Pro Clubs.
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    For me, it's the "hold A and just keep switching" players crap. The second you start to pass the defender is already jumping the lane. And attackers just don't come back to the ball.

    I started using RB to stop a player before passing. Gives me a fighting chance.
  • Baners
    10320 posts Has That Special Something
    I think the cpu should mark and that stuff but it should never do on ball defending or tackling
  • maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    Baners wrote: »
    I think the cpu should mark and that stuff but it should never do on ball defending or tackling
    maybe it should if you make high aggression custom tactic value, but not 100% perfect no mistakes like it does right now.

  • WallOfTrump
    585 posts Sunday League Hero
    Baners wrote: »
    I think the cpu should mark and that stuff but it should never do on ball defending or tackling

    I feel like this has been said a bunch...but I'm pretty sure it only tackles if you(offense) press R2.
    Otherwise you can dribble through the box uncontested.
  • AaronMFC
    1626 posts Play-Off Hero
    i try and defend more often that not it bounces back to the opponent in a better position, the ai should do basic defending i feel i can still make chances aslong as the passing isnt awful which it is sometimes
  • Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have to Select the midfielders, but not With the intention of cb's auto-defending, but rather because i have to since they just stand there and watch like re ****
  • RWU
    2978 posts National Call-Up
    If you can't beat AI defending you seriously shouldn't be playing
  • FatZeddd
    524 posts Sunday League Hero
    Ovo23 wrote: »
    You are the worst kind of player. And I hate you with all my heart. I don't even care anymore. It's 1000% ridiculous that you can literally choose Sanches, Kante or Nainggolan and sprint around your defensive half for 90' and never once choose a CB and that counts as great defending in this game. The CPU marks every. single. run. They block every. single. pass and shot. They're never caught out of position and man mark you like a mirror. If EA NERFED **** AUTO DEFENSE than 80% OF THESE STUPID PLAYERS would lose EVERY game. Because the moment they have to choose a CB and defend on their own, they get slaughtered.

    If you can be on the other side of the pitch running around and the ball is on the opposite side and the CPU is STILL getting the ball for you without you even pressing a button or doing any sort of defending yourself? That's A **** PROBLEM EA!

    I'm sorry for ranting, but people like me who came up on Fifa 11 where you actually had to learn to defend to be good get beat time and time again to GARBAGE players because their back line is impenetrable and if that person scores two garbage goals (rebounds, the ball bounces right to his player...etc.) It's not really fair imo. Just crazy inconsistent.

    U have to learn how to best the AI..
    ball roll l1/lb sprint boost is the solution. I do it every single time when I see my oponent is autodefending. Afterwards I m getting hate messages I would only run through their defenders and I m so : sorry dude if u would choose your cb and defend manually this would not happen

    The lag doesn't let me ball roll fast enough. I can't tell you how many times I try to do that

    ha same with lag, not matter what you do its too slow or the opponent has a major advantage. This WL nearly every game i had to beat the same player multiple times because mine were so slow and unresponsive yet his were faster than the ball and my players...beat the man or one two to create space and they have already caught back up, could not get a break away or make space with my fastest players had to keep pulling back then continuously try beat the man etc again yet i cannot catch or get near even his slowest players. Add to that the button delay, usual BS, no AI and lack of movement and i'd almost rather pull teeth out
Sign In or Register to comment.