Why can't players turn and pass on this game?

AkeySlake
1465 posts Play-Off Hero
edited March 2017
I can have TIF Eriksen with his 90-something passing and 5* weak foot attempt a simple five yard pass on the half-turn, yet it almost never works. What is it about turning and passing that EA believe professional footballers can't manage?

Comments

• Boysie91
    9039 posts Has That Special Something
    edited March 2017
    Because you are running if you walk passes are much better and movement
  • Yetko
    503 posts Sunday League Hero
    Even if you dont run they cant turn n pass quickly
  • AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    Because you are running if you walk passes are much better and movement

I've never tried to run, turn and pass once. I'm talking from a standstill, if they're at a 45-degree angle then it seems physically impossible for them to manage it. Pretty sure I could swivel and pass and I'm poo at football.
  • Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    In EA's football games, they always get things very backwards.

Example: A silver player can 9/10 times score by doing a diving header from a 85 degree angle, but Lionel Messi (in-game) can't do the most basic things better than a 6 year old girl in real life.

That is exactly how this game is, and it is a kind of logic that only Trump would approve of.
  • AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Teepo wrote: »
    In EA's football games, they always get things very backwards.

Example: A silver player can 9/10 times score by doing a diving header from a 85 degree angle, but Lionel Messi (in-game) can't do the most basic things better than a 6 year old girl in real life.

That is exactly how this game is, and it is a kind of logic that only Trump would approve of.

So true it hurts.
  • Aqeel87
    2814 posts Fans' Favourite
    This game is fraud.
  • JonRambo
    1103 posts Professional
    edited March 2017
    Because of the button delay and lag. It happens to ke every game i get this lag and delay, my players cant even balance themselves and always take a big first touch instead of passing, it feels like im playing on ice.

Very, very very hard to defend when this happens as well.
  • BiigDee
    4527 posts National Call-Up
    Why is it if I take a quick long throw with my keeper my player takes a poor touch letting it bounce off him yet if it goes to an opponent it doesn't bounce off him. Parry's from the keeper never go to me. Keepers can't catch. It all has to be the mechanics of the game. We could write pages of errors
  • Shahski
    778 posts Semi-Pro
    BiigDee wrote: »
    Why is it if I take a quick long throw with my keeper my player takes a poor touch letting it bounce off him yet if it goes to an opponent it doesn't bounce off him. Parry's from the keeper never go to me. Keepers can't catch. It all has to be the mechanics of the game. We could write pages of errors

Your keeper probably has low "composure" stats
  • AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero
    Oh, let's not overlook the wonderful 'Giant Super Chest' that every one of my players seems to do when trying to control the ball from my GK's throw. Instead of bringing it down and attempting to start an attack, the ball is now 40 yards in the opposite direction because apparently 'pro footballers can control a ball'.