Ajax [Not active - closed]

Comments

• Danimal5981
    2504 posts Fans' Favourite
    Thanks @JamieC @Chip @IAmLikingFlame @JoshDFC

So, moving into 2017/18 as defending champions and with dissatisfied players.... a summer break for Ajax!

b3aGw4l.png
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Just caught up. You didn't just win the league you dominated it. Congrats on the epic victory, great season for you.

Shame that Ziyech might go and now Onana but I'm sure you'll find suitable replacements. Wonder if you can persuade Tim Krul to come back permanently, NUFC have enough good keepers.
  • Virtual_K
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    Congrats on winning the league and being able pull away from Feyenoord. I think an effort should be made to keep Onana, even if that means firing the manager...wait, that's you! :o
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    YEEEEEES!!! Winning the league and putting the foundations for the next years as apparently there's a lot of promising youth in this team. Let's see if you can confirm yourselves in the next season! :)
  • Danimal5981
    ft3Uot5.png
  • Danimal5981
    II7YELf.png

pj5bnlV.png

8c4NVou.png

v7NmJXD.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited March 2017
    tCllsAb.png

Kadp7TP.png

N22JBFV.png

6AV0ddJ.png

APSt6yU.png

CQ6A0wW.png

swutIZU.png
    Post edited by Danimal5981 on
  • Wyojasond
    14232 posts Has That Special Something
    Back home and catching up. Congrats on the league title. Transfer season is off to a crazy start already :D
  • ale85bg
    Good of you to retain Klaassen and Dolberg... I don't know the new signings, but hey, Ajax are usually able to turn almost every youth into a star, so... I wouldn't worry that much. :)
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Wow... as always Ajax suffering from bids from the big leagues. Even if you sell one or two names, I hope you can keep the core of the team and even reinforce the squad for the UCL.
  • Greenman019
    Very handy to keep Klaassen. Lot's of clubs seem to be interested in Ajax right now.
  • Danimal5981
    otZD2En.png
  • Virtual_K
    1867 posts Play-Off Hero
    So Onana turned down Everton to go to Aston Villa. Bit of a risk, but then it might not be in this game save.
    How much did Ziyech go for again? :p Preseason is for experimenting but now that the season is about to start, I will give you some profound advice: Stick to your guns. :o
  • Danimal5981
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    So Onana turned down Everton to go to Aston Villa. Bit of a risk, but then it might not be in this game save.
    How much did Ziyech go for again? :p Preseason is for experimenting but now that the season is about to start, I will give you some profound advice: Stick to your guns. :o

Aye, Onana wanted to be first pick and that was not in the cards at Everton.
    Really happy I could cash in with Ziyech - his follow up was already within the squad so that was a no-brainer. With Dolberg and Klaassen it's different: they are (so far) indispensable and bids of around 30 mln are insufficient. It would need a proposal that dwarfs Ziych's deal that would change my mind.

B0fX8fP.png
  • Greenman019
    Tough pre season but it isn't important. Interesting that you tried Anita at both RB and DM, where do you think he'll end up? Think he's better as a DM in the game but deployed exclusively as a RB in reality right now.
  • Danimal5981
    Tough pre season but it isn't important. Interesting that you tried Anita at both RB and DM, where do you think he'll end up? Think he's better as a DM in the game but deployed exclusively as a RB in reality right now.

Well, he started as CAM once upon a time. He was left back under Martin Jol and started as defensive midfielder under Frank de Boer. He's very versatile and that is exactly why I wanted him. He can do all of it, so if a first pick should get injured...., Vurnon! At least no Frenkie de Jong, he's loaned out (again).

1PulugQ.png
  • Danimal5981
    FYI: the actual name is Johan Cruyff Shield - but that cannot be done in customized tournaments, hence...

Gm83Gmi.png
  • Danimal5981
    As mentioned before, the bigger games will still get video coverage, especially those where a price's at stake...
    RECAP:
    AJAX - EXCELSIOR (Cruyff Cup)
  • IAmLikingFlame
    3875 posts National Call-Up
    Good job winning the Cruyff Shield to keep the silverware coming! :)
  • ale85bg
    Well, I don't know if I should be happy or sad that you lost to Milan... After all Im a Milanista! :D

But I am surely happy to see you win the Shield: life without Zyiech won't be really easy, but you have the potential to survive and to prove yourselves the best team in the Netherlands once again.
  • JoshDFC
    2146 posts Fans' Favourite
    Brilliant to come from behind to win the Cruyff Shield good start to the new season
  • Greenman019
    Always nice to start with a trophy. Sign of things to come hopefully.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Congratulations for this new title. Excelsior's early goal gave Ajax problems after all since it took a lot of time to overcome the result.

There are changes in the team... wishing to see what comes next.
  • Danimal5981
    b7dJ7rf.png
  • Danimal5981
    MWFdrsC.png
  • Danimal5981
    DgQi1zC.png
  • Greenman019
    Not a bad amount for Cerny. Good start in the league as well.
  • Danimal5981
    P4TyEkH.png
  • Danimal5981
    edited March 2017
      Already qualified for group stages UEFA Champions League (as per domestic league)
    Title defender
    Real Madrid (3rd in Spanish Primera Division)

3 teams
    Spain - 1. FC Barcelona - 2. Atlético Madrid - 4. Sevilla
    Germany - 1. FC Bayern - 2. FC Schalke - 3. Borussia Dortmund
    England - 1. Chelsea - 2. Manchester City - 3. Manchester United

2 teams
    Italy - 1. Juventus - 2. Internazionale
    France - 1. AS Monaco - 2. Paris Saint-Germain
    Portugal - 1. FC Porto - 2. SL Benfica

1 team
    Russia - Spartak Moscow (champions)
    Belgium - RC Genk (champions)
    Turkey - Fenerbahçe (champions)