How do I stop these sorts of goals?

LoboNobo
6385 posts Big Money Move

It's about 50% of the goals I concede... I'm controlling player X, running towards my own goal. My opponent plays a bad through ball, intercepted by my player Y. It switches to him, but since I was tunning backwards, he tries to turn towards my goal with his first touch (which is usually awful as it's a CB and the ball wasn't aimed for him). That allows my opponent to take the ball from him easily and run through on goal.

Seriously ,I'm getting so tired of this, it happens every second game or so, and I have no idea what possibly can I do to stop it.

Sorry for phone recording, but my software didn't want to work for some reason.

Comments

• D3ATHSQUAD
    2984 posts National Call-Up
    I feel like almost nothing now...

Ever since they "patched" the game to supposedly solve PTB and the complaints about AI defending they have moved the slider too far in the other direction. At least once every two games my back line does something completely **** and unexpected which sometimes leads to a goal but other times leads to an amazing save and me swearing at my CBs.

I had one today where I was passing back up field with my analog stick and my defender instead passed it right back to my goalie... not so bad except for the Striker standing right next to him. Game is broken and honestly was better in January when defenders didn't look like five year olds.
  • Nobber93
    1363 posts Play-Off Hero
    Only way in the anticipate that and hoof it out
  • Icosa_Gaming
    6790 posts Big Money Move
    Ping Pong passing. Don't try to control the ball if gameplay sucks. Everyone will just pace you down with Kante in the middle. Get rid of the ball asap
  • BU11ET
    1184 posts Professional
    Your main problem there was you tried to re intercept the ball but failed in doing so you left the attackers wide open to score.

My advice would of been is to jockey exactly between those 2 attackers which in turn would push the attacking striker out wide and would only leave him the option to shoot at a really dodgy angle or play the other attacking striker in which you will also have an high percentage of intercepting.
  • BiigDee
    4332 posts National Call-Up
    I find this happening hell of a lot especially when there's an OP low rated player near by. My defenders can be solid 1 game then come up against Musa in the next and my defenders fall to pieces making mistakes that are out of my control. Usually giving him a tap in or my keeper will make a save and push it right back to them. Random clearances seem to be creeping back with the odd pass flying back to my keeper or defence when it trying to go forward
  • LoboNobo
    BU11ET wrote: »
    Your main problem there was you tried to re intercept the ball but failed in doing so you left the attackers wide open to score.

My advice would of been is to jockey exactly between those 2 attackers which in turn would push the attacking striker out wide and would only leave him the option to shoot at a really dodgy angle or play the other attacking striker in which you will also have an high percentage of intercepting.

I know what I did wrong after he got the ball, but I'm talking about the first few seconds of the clip.
    He plays a through ball which is intercepted by Chiellini, not controlled by me. As soon as it reaches him, game switches me to control him. I was running towards my goal with other player, so as soon as it switches me to CHiellini, he tries to turn with the ball towards my own goal. How do I stop this ****, whenever my AI defender intercepts a ball, he tries to control it, allowing my opponent to take it from him.
  • BU11ET
    1184 posts Professional
    LoboNobo wrote: »

I know what I did wrong after he got the ball, but I'm talking about the first few seconds of the clip.
    He plays a through ball which is intercepted by Chiellini, not controlled by me. As soon as it reaches him, game switches me to control him. I was running towards my goal with other player, so as soon as it switches me to CHiellini, he tries to turn with the ball towards my own goal. How do I stop this ****, whenever my AI defender intercepts a ball, he tries to control it, allowing my opponent to take it from him.

Are you using automatic player switching

• LoboNobo
    LoboNobo wrote: »

Are you using automatic player switching

no, air balls. but it's obvious it's gonna switch to him when he gets the ball
  • Aganees
    140 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Hold L2/LT when the defender receives the ball
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    This happens all the time to me and it's so stupid. The amount of bs in this game is unreal.
  • Xcookstar
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Push your left stick towards your goal and spam the x button
  • Notformeclive
    2343 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wish I could help, concede so many of these.
    A lot of the time the attacker has sprinted into you before you've even had a chance to gain control of the ball, it's absolute bóllocks.
    Game really needs sorting out.
  • HelloDearie
    2240 posts Fans' Favourite
    I wish I could help, concede so many of these.
    A lot of the time the attacker has sprinted into you before you've even had a chance to gain control of the ball, it's absolute bóllocks.
    Game really needs sorting out.

This 110%
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    One of the infuriating things along with their back line playing a blind first-time pass out of defence always finding a man. Ea sort it out