Prime example of why the WL is a stressfest

Vaaass
2836 posts National Call-Up
edited March 2017
This guy parked the bus, all game, gave it to his wingers and just countered me ALL game by running in zigzags towards my goal (hence the tackle count). Now obviously if somebody refuses to play this game and just sits back it's difficult anyway. I mean, I'm not the kinda player to just give him the ball intentionally so he has to come out of his defense.

Anyway, got to ET 0-0 and he brought Musa on and scored. Suarez managed to score in the 105th and 120th but still it's so unenjoyable sometimes :D

IMG_0016.jpg

Comments

• maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move
    Blame EA by rewarding players that awards such gameplay.
  • AaronMFC
    1620 posts Play-Off Hero
    iv won my first 4 then disconnects and gives me losses so im 4-2 if i miss a decent reward by a game ill be furious
  • Neal1982
    841 posts Semi-Pro
    edited March 2017
    Standard game, fails to reward the decent player and rewards the best mechanic abuser!
  • ProHulst0s
    7133 posts Big Money Move
    He parked the bus and countered, yet he has more possesion..
  • shez82
    372 posts Sunday League Hero
    ProHulst0s wrote: »

He probably held the ball at the back at every oportunity
  • rankon.
    2119 posts Fans' Favourite

• omarnyc
    3672 posts National Call-Up
    shez82 wrote: »

He probably held the ball at the back at every oportunity

• maksi
    Not actually playing the game and waiting for penalty shootout is a viable strategy to win a game in WL.
  • Vaaass
    edited March 2017

How is that so difficult to comprehend? You pick out the 1 single stat that that shows some sort of attempt to play the game and completely ignore the fact he had 2 shots all game to my 26.
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    If you take 26 shots (a ridiculous number) and only score 2 goals, then you're shooting way too freely.
  • edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    maksi wrote: »
    Blame EA by rewarding players that awards such gameplay.
  • Choepiechakie
    31850 posts National Team Captain
    Vaaass wrote: »

How is that so difficult to comprehend? You pick out the 1 single stat that that shows some sort of attempt to play the game and completely ignore the fact he had 2 shots all game to my 26.

You pick a exactly a screenshot what only shows the amount of shots, but not the best possible screenshot with the places were those shots were taken.

Everyone can get 26 shots when they take them from 30 yards
  • Vaaass

You pick a exactly a screenshot what only shows the amount of shots, but not the best possible screenshot with the places were those shots were taken.

Yeah, well being on a forum full of ignorant people, they're very quick to assume that because there's no shotmap, I've somehow had 26 shots outside the area. I'd say 14-16 of those shots were well inside the box and his goalkeeper made a bunch of saves.
  • Aspral
    3505 posts National Call-Up
    It's funny that people jump to the conclusion you had 26 or so awful shots. But refuse to believe the reverse.

I've had plenty of games where I shoot from positions that should result in goals only to see super human GKs save everything.

As a few others say the game is rewarding people who can abuse the mechanics the best.
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    Aspral wrote: »
    It's funny that people jump to the conclusion you had 26 or so awful shots. But refuse to believe the reverse.

I've had plenty of games where I shoot from positions that should result in goals only to see super human GKs save everything.

As a few others say the game is rewarding people who can abuse the mechanics the best.

Normally it's Butland in goal
  • SSgtBlunder
    948 posts Professional
    I'm having my usual WL.

Four games played. Lost two I prob should of won. Won two I prob should of lost.

Usual lag issues. In one game, my Cavani must of made over 10 x CPU initiated lunges - usually after the opposing player was a good five yards past him. Surprised he didn't pull a hammy....
  • Radraptor
    1443 posts Play-Off Hero
    If you take 26 shots (a ridiculous number) and only score 2 goals, then you're shooting way too freely.

Agree and see this all the time. Then when they lose they message some venom to you like they were supposed to hit all of their 40m shots.
  • nineteeeen
    4351 posts National Call-Up
    This thread somes up the community. So many **** its crazy
  • tikitaka33
    2284 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's ridiculous how overpowered keepers are in this game. No where in real life does a keeper ever have more than 15 saves in a game, yet that happens often in this game. That's why you get games like this where the dominant team doesn't dominate the score line.
  • maksi
    They have to be to keep scores realistic.
  • Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Yeah, 95% of the guys on this forum still hasn't noticed that the keepers have 50 times faster reaction times than a mongoose trained to fight the fastest snakes that exists.

Which means you'll have 26 shots and score max 2 instead of the 12 goals which you deserve to have.

And the Counter attacks in this game is also totally ridic.

It's not coded to give the best players the win, unless you're like reaaaally much better than Your opponent (like HugeGorilla, Soetie etc.)
  • Blahblahblah92
    72 posts Park Captain
    edited March 2017

Yeah, well being on a forum full of ignorant people, they're very quick to assume that because there's no shotmap, I've somehow had 26 shots outside the area. I'd say 14-16 of those shots were well inside the box and his goalkeeper made a bunch of saves. [/quote]

All you ever see on here when people load a picture onto here of the shot count most probably because they all think they're fifa gods and presume everyone is a minion to them yet again showing how 'great' this **** community is
  • bigpokey24
    4861 posts Big Money Move
    the WL is a joke, you out shoot, out possession etc... and you win by a goal, lose on PKs or lose by a goal..the game is so upsetting
  • Stannovic
    250 posts Sunday League Hero

Yeah, well being on a forum full of ignorant people, they're very quick to assume that because there's no shotmap, I've somehow had 26 shots outside the area. I'd say 14-16 of those shots were well inside the box and his goalkeeper made a bunch of saves.

Haha mate i feel you.. happens to me a lot too in wl.. at least you won hha. Good luck for the rest of the weekend dont let m get to you!