Why are cheap 20k teams the most dangerous?

Capablanca
2281 posts Fans' Favourite
edited March 2017
Surely it's not all in my head, whenever I play against a 20k team with filled with 78 rated players I know it's gonna be tough

Comments

• Radraptor
    1449 posts Play-Off Hero
    Some of its mental. Either take them too lightly and let off the gas or get too tensed up and make mistakes. I find often times the stacked teams are easier to play against.
  • Slippery9
    284 posts Sunday League Hero
    Lol you know what it is. That which we shall not speak of.
  • Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Because they have 99 in all the important stats when you use chem cards,
  • McRaven
    4753 posts National Call-Up
    I notice that I underestimate them a lot and that they play very sweaty. Most players I play with stacked teams want to actually play the game.
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4922 posts National Call-Up
    I think.it's a lor to do with how the people play that use them . Sometimes you destroy them but other occasions that spammed through ball , constant fouling and shielding works for them
  • Amargaladaster26
    7782 posts League Winner
    Capablanca wrote: »
    Surely it's not all in my head, whenever I play against a 20k team with filled with 78 rated players I know it's gonna be tough

They aren't.

Plus your last sentence explains why you are doing it way harder for yourself.
  • Steelcity637
    106 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    McRaven wrote: »
    I notice that I underestimate them a lot and that they play very sweaty. Most players I play with stacked teams want to actually play the game.
    I think.it's a lor to do with how the people play that use them . Sometimes you destroy them but other occasions that spammed through ball , constant fouling and shielding works for them

• NVS_Whiskey
    377 posts Sunday League Hero
    Slippery9 wrote: »

• maksi
    6617 posts Big Money Move

• MrChazy
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited March 2017
    I came against a full Russian League team on FUT Champs and it was my hardest game so far this weekend

A reason could be they are good at the game but just looking to challenge themselves with a budget team/bad league
  • Dami_076
    1469 posts Play-Off Hero

this
  • Amargaladaster26
    7782 posts League Winner

Handicap does not exist
  • PelzyWelzy
    9795 posts League Winner
    Teepo wrote: »

Yep.
  • Capablanca
    edited March 2017
    If you think about it logically, if you have a much better team than your opponent, makes sense for the AI to try to manipulate 50/50 situations towards the player with worse team. How else would this game attract casuals and sell each year despite being worse?

• AkeySlake
    1465 posts Play-Off Hero

Handicap does not exist

Ever actually played FIFA, brah?
  • pittphan
    3023 posts National Call-Up

• Robmu22
    1388 posts Professional
    If you think about it logically, if you have a much better team than your opponent, makes sense for the AI to try to manipulate 50/50 situations towards the player with worse team. How else would this game attract casuals and sell each year despite being worse?

Add this to a game that is literally full ai defending and there's your answer
  • Retro_G
    30366 posts National Team Captain
    MrChazy wrote: »
    I came against a full Russian League team on FUT Champs and it was my hardest game so far this weekend

A reason could be they are good at the game but just looking to challenge themselves with a budget team/bad league

Maybe the guy was Russian, had a high ping. ;)
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    My fitness team isn't worth much and it does just as good as my main team.
    Made of:
    Niang - Remy - Shaquiri
    Sansone - Schneiderlin - Fernandinho
    SBC Kurzawa - Perrin - Matip - Clyne
    Courtois (I'm using one GK for main and fitness)
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner

This 1000%. The only players who use these kind of teams are the ones who are confident in their skills in the game. They win because they are better. Two players who have an even skill level, but one that uses a high rated team and the other that uses one of these team, the high rated team wins 9 out of 10 times!
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something

That and a lot of players playing cheap teams are actually decent. It's terrible players like me who buy expensive squads to make up for my shortcomings.

But this would also discourage spending on packs, if better players don't actually perform. The logic cuts both ways.
  • jbfifa
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    if you have a top rated team, and they have a low rated team, and you are in the same division, obviously the other player is very good so leads to tough games...
  • Capablanca
    juniorcbr wrote: »

This 1000%. The only players who use these kind of teams are the ones who are confident in their skills in the game. They win because they are better. Two players who have an even skill level, but one that uses a high rated team and the other that uses one of these team, the high rated team wins 9 out of 10 times!

I got Elite 2 with a 12k non rare team last weekend and the amount of **** things going on my way was astonishing. I was able to pass the ball like barcelona
  • Capablanca
    edited March 2017
    heavymcd wrote: »

That and a lot of players playing cheap teams are actually decent. It's terrible players like me who buy expensive squads to make up for my shortcomings.

But this would also discourage spending on packs, if better players don't actually perform. The logic cuts both ways.

But no one knows that, everyone thinks they will win more with better players.
  • Mutu10gol
    2581 posts Fans' Favourite

• juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    edited March 2017
    juniorcbr wrote: »

I got Elite 2 with a 12k non rare team last weekend and the amount of **** things going on my way was astonishing. I was able to pass the ball like barcelona

I don't believe that for one second. It doesn't work that way.

I have used the following teams and variations with these players all year round in weekend league and seasons:

32568726641_491b8ed468_o.png
    32568726381_832e18779e_o.png
    32622454231_d30b991c12_o.png
    32650096896_1452c1d315_o.png
    32568726771_a2ec5e8d17_o.png
    32072052702_429ef3060c_o.png
    31878633913_dafaa913b1_o.png
    31848109784_4dabd149e6_o.png
    32538247232_a75966c69e_o.png
    32622454921_a7ab98ed3a_o.png
    32622454611_b6a0d87a9e_o.png
    31936215973_44261d9d09_o.png
    31936216213_a1a0f899ed_o.png
    31936215733_cce50ca73d_o.png

Guess which team was by far the best of them all? The highest rated one, Croatia.
  • Snugglebites
    1220 posts Professional
    They're mostly used by better players, while the super amazing teams are usually played by some rubbish kid who spent lots of money.
  • jbwalton7
    1026 posts Professional

False sense of security
  • Bas
    1252 posts Professional
    People will always try harder against a expensive team.
    If they see blue black orange or whatever. PTB or full aggresion pressure. Dont say there is nothing in the game but this is my experience playing more expensive teams.