going shopping today and still haven't decided: XBOX ONE or PS4

Comments

  • DR1
    292 posts Sunday League Hero
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Bobinho23 wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I say this to everyone who asks about PS vs XB and I'll never tire of saying that...

    The Last of Us is, in my opinion, the best game ever created and is reason enough to choose PS.

    unless you don't like horror zombie shooter games :D like me :D

    Haha i hate those games too. I've never played a single one of the Resident Evil series, or even Silent Hill. But TLOU is just simply amazing. It's not scary at all, but the whole experience is just like.... complete.

    Gotta agree with this. I always had an allergy towards zombie kinda things as well, but this TLOU is hands down the best game ever made, reason enough to get the ps4. And hopefully we'll get legends too next year..you never know.
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    Xbox One for Fifa 100%. I play in Europe and get laggy games rarely.

    Racing games you ask? Forza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 6, doesn't get any better than that. Shooters? Gears of War and Halo nuff said.

    You get EA Access and there's Xbox game pass service incoming, look it up.

    Story driven single player games? Well, honestly PS4 is slightly better in that department but Quantum Break on xbox one is one of the best stories told.

    Not many Japanese games on xbox either so if you want those buy PS4.
  • Overevil
    2685 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pc gamer too.. Bought an xbox for fifa 2years ago and didn't regret it
    You have pc for other games.. Also don't forget the play anywhere and the ea access
  • LoboNobo
    6508 posts Big Money Move
    Tuomo wrote: »
    Xbox One for Fifa 100%. I play in Europe and get laggy games rarely.

    Racing games you ask? Forza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 6, doesn't get any better than that. Shooters? Gears of War and Halo nuff said.

    You get EA Access and there's Xbox game pass service incoming, look it up.

    Story driven single player games? Well, honestly PS4 is slightly better in that department but Quantum Break on xbox one is one of the best stories told.

    Not many Japanese games on xbox either so if you want those buy PS4.

    That's an awful joke.

    XBOX is better than PS4 when it comes to FIFA and racing games. PS4 is better in everything else.
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    Tuomo wrote: »
    Xbox One for Fifa 100%. I play in Europe and get laggy games rarely.

    Racing games you ask? Forza Horizon 3 and Motorsport 6, doesn't get any better than that. Shooters? Gears of War and Halo nuff said.

    You get EA Access and there's Xbox game pass service incoming, look it up.

    Story driven single player games? Well, honestly PS4 is slightly better in that department but Quantum Break on xbox one is one of the best stories told.

    Not many Japanese games on xbox either so if you want those buy PS4.

    That's an awful joke.

    XBOX is better than PS4 when it comes to FIFA and racing games. PS4 is better in everything else.

    Have you played Quantum Break? I absolutely loved the story, it was almost as good as Alan Wake. Sure it's not the usual cheesy emotionally engaging stuff critics love..

    Your second paragraph is the joke here. Xbox is also better for shooters and RTS, and online gaming in general. UI, controller etc are subjective of course but I much prefer Xbox. Backwards compatibility is sweet especially with Game Pass incoming.
  • Mysticetus
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Do you need Xbox live to play FUT?
  • lucas
    5086 posts Big Money Move
    nintendo Switch
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner
    Bobinho23 wrote: »
    Before you say it: i have like zero friends who play FIFA so that's not a factor...

    1. Which console has the bigger community?
    2. Which console has higher prices and are they higher than on PC (which i currently play on)
    3. Don't care about the legends that much
    4. Would play other games as well, but mostly FIFA.

    Your opinions please? Thank you!

    I just recently went through the same was tired of the cheating in pc games in general.

    I ended up opting for the ps4.

    Xbox probs has a slightly larger community, ps4 is cheaper than pc but not as cheap as xbox.

    For me the swaying factor was the ps pro xbox is still a year away from scorpio and matching the pros spec and you can find the pro for not much more than a norm ps4. Games wise I really fancied last of us and the unchartered seriea ps4 exclusives.

    I also played eso on pc and the.ps4 has a more active eso community.
  • Rutta
    6914 posts Big Money Move
    Buy a PS4 for frequent random server shutdowns. Also players are more expensive and Players like SIF sokratis are considered legends.

  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    edited March 2017
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I say this to everyone who asks about PS vs XB and I'll never tire of saying that...

    The Last of Us is, in my opinion, the best game ever created and is reason enough to choose PS.

    This. Best game ever. Haven't had such an experience since Zelda : OoT back on N64 days and Diablo 2 which got me addicted for 6 years.
  • Denz
    3183 posts National Call-Up
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I say this to everyone who asks about PS vs XB and I'll never tire of saying that...

    The Last of Us is, in my opinion, the best game ever created and is reason enough to choose PS.

    First game I bought last year on PS
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I say this to everyone who asks about PS vs XB and I'll never tire of saying that...

    The Last of Us is, in my opinion, the best game ever created and is reason enough to choose PS.

    This. Best game ever. Haven't had such an experience since Zelda : OoT back on N64 days and Diablo 2 which got me addicted for 6 years.

    Diablo 2.............. those were good, good times. I stopped following my parents to church for 4 years just so I could do endless Mephisto runs at home. The irony haha
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner
    Denz wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I say this to everyone who asks about PS vs XB and I'll never tire of saying that...

    The Last of Us is, in my opinion, the best game ever created and is reason enough to choose PS.

    First game I bought last year on PS

    Had the ps for 2 month now and still not got round to playing it, mrs and kids away next wknd I was going to do wl but I guess its now a dont sleep loa session.
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I say this to everyone who asks about PS vs XB and I'll never tire of saying that...

    The Last of Us is, in my opinion, the best game ever created and is reason enough to choose PS.

    This. Best game ever. Haven't had such an experience since Zelda : OoT back on N64 days and Diablo 2 which got me addicted for 6 years.

    Diablo 2.............. those were good, good times. I stopped following my parents to church for 4 years just so I could do endless Mephisto runs at home. The irony haha

    oh the good old days od D2, LOD and bnet.... hopefully they will make a D4 one day thats as good D2, cuz D3 sux....
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Raider wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I say this to everyone who asks about PS vs XB and I'll never tire of saying that...

    The Last of Us is, in my opinion, the best game ever created and is reason enough to choose PS.

    This. Best game ever. Haven't had such an experience since Zelda : OoT back on N64 days and Diablo 2 which got me addicted for 6 years.

    Diablo 2.............. those were good, good times. I stopped following my parents to church for 4 years just so I could do endless Mephisto runs at home. The irony haha

    oh the good old days od D2, LOD and bnet.... hopefully they will make a D4 one day thats as good D2, cuz D3 sux....

    I must have heard this theme at least 10,000 times.

  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    Xbox for sure
  • andreens
    669 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Ps4 pro you can play on 4k
  • mattiparka
    10412 posts Has That Special Something
    ps4 is obviously the way to go if you like other games than fifa. the exclusives so far this year is reason enough
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Xbox will forever be the best place to play sports games, racers and shooters.
    PS will forever be the best place to play jap games and story driven single player games.

    Also the controller is just superior.
  • Onedoesntsimply
    2308 posts Fans' Favourite
    Pc is by far superior obviously but xbox one is the choice, no difference in graphics/ gameplay but the controllers are so much better on xbox and u get legends and cheaper market

    This. Also imo the interface is much nicer on Xbox and Xbox Live servers are better.
  • Bobinho23
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Xbox will forever be the best place to play sports games, racers and shooters.
    PS will forever be the best place to play jap games and story driven single player games.

    Also the controller is just superior.

    i'm just worried i will have issues with the supposedly loud ventilator fan and/or with freezing/crashes when playing online like my friend does :S
  • Onedoesntsimply
    2308 posts Fans' Favourite
    Bobinho23 wrote: »
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Xbox will forever be the best place to play sports games, racers and shooters.
    PS will forever be the best place to play jap games and story driven single player games.

    Also the controller is just superior.

    i'm just worried i will have issues with the supposedly loud ventilator fan and/or with freezing/crashes when playing online like my friend does :S

    Had an Xbox One for over 2 years and have never had an issue. Your friend is probably just a one off.

    Anyway warranty on the Xbox is a year (2 if you pay extra) so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
  • Alex1684
    311 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bobinho23 wrote: »
    already have a separate bluray player so that's not a factor either...

    I would really also like to play Journey (PS4), but then there's also Forza Horizon (XBOX).

    Which platform has the better racing games?

    Xbox: forza motorsport/horizon
    Ps4: gran turismo
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    Raider wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    I say this to everyone who asks about PS vs XB and I'll never tire of saying that...

    The Last of Us is, in my opinion, the best game ever created and is reason enough to choose PS.

    This. Best game ever. Haven't had such an experience since Zelda : OoT back on N64 days and Diablo 2 which got me addicted for 6 years.

    Diablo 2.............. those were good, good times. I stopped following my parents to church for 4 years just so I could do endless Mephisto runs at home. The irony haha

    oh the good old days od D2, LOD and bnet.... hopefully they will make a D4 one day thats as good D2, cuz D3 sux....

    I must have heard this theme at least 10,000 times.


    tristram and a2 music was amazing, loved when they brought it in for the event in d3
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bobinho23 wrote: »
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Xbox will forever be the best place to play sports games, racers and shooters.
    PS will forever be the best place to play jap games and story driven single player games.

    Also the controller is just superior.

    i'm just worried i will have issues with the supposedly loud ventilator fan and/or with freezing/crashes when playing online like my friend does :S

    Never had a problem with either. Fairly silent and I use the old one not the S version. No crashes either but I also use an external HDD.
  • Bobinho23
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    thanks dr. strange and Onedoesntsimply
  • Bobinho23
    390 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Bobinho23 wrote: »
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Xbox will forever be the best place to play sports games, racers and shooters.
    PS will forever be the best place to play jap games and story driven single player games.

    Also the controller is just superior.

    i'm just worried i will have issues with the supposedly loud ventilator fan and/or with freezing/crashes when playing online like my friend does :S

    Never had a problem with either. Fairly silent and I use the old one not the S version. No crashes either but I also use an external HDD.

    he has the S version and has problems, that's why i'm worried.. i should probably get the normal XBOX One then, without the S...
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bobinho23 wrote: »
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Bobinho23 wrote: »
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Xbox will forever be the best place to play sports games, racers and shooters.
    PS will forever be the best place to play jap games and story driven single player games.

    Also the controller is just superior.

    i'm just worried i will have issues with the supposedly loud ventilator fan and/or with freezing/crashes when playing online like my friend does :S

    Never had a problem with either. Fairly silent and I use the old one not the S version. No crashes either but I also use an external HDD.

    he has the S version and has problems, that's why i'm worried.. i should probably get the normal XBOX One then, without the S...

    Actually the S is supposed to be the better version. Slightly. And there's hardly a price difference between the S and old version. Plus it has a 4K BR player (even if you don't need it it's good value).

    Your friend just experienced a rarity. It's not the norm. Also their customer service is pretty great so don't worry about that. They'll even come to your door and pick it up if something happens no charge.

    I didn't get the S because I'm holding out for Scorpio.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    On xbox its killer instinct and forza exclusives i love

    On ps4 last of us street fighter v king of fighters guilty gear blood borne nioh all are amazing
Sign In or Register to comment.