Opinions on 41212 wide?

IKE_P_H
1159 posts Professional
Used to love this back in FIFA 14-15. Haven't touched it since 16. Is it viable in divs 3-1?

Comments

• RadioShaq
    18940 posts Moderator
    Its ok on offense. The problem with defense is the mids are to wide. You might as well be playing with 1 mid fielder on defense.
  • MrChazy
    302 posts Sunday League Hero
    It's bad. CDM is too isolated
  • MorroWtje
    5499 posts Big Money Move
    I've always been really good defensively and quite wasteful offensively so it kinda works well with my style - a little lacking at the back, but offers a lot of options up top
  • Izzy2K17
    13604 posts Has That Special Something
    Very good
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Bump
  • Tof33z
    7042 posts Big Money Move
    Good vs weaker players but good players will destroy you
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Bump!
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    Haven't used it myself but I always have a hard time playing against it. It's surprisingly difficult to break down unless the player using it is really bad at defending. Offensively it's effective and unpredictable.
  • HelloDearie
    2645 posts Fans' Favourite
    I use it and think its excellent. Im in my 2nd season in division 1 so I think it can compete easily. As long as your CDM is set to stay back I think its fine. It is very attacking, and at times essentially becomes a 3-4-3 with the full backs bombing forward. The CDM is key to the formation for me.

I use SBC Parolo and even though he is High/Medium, he is always in position and is a monster at tackling and playing the passes around the pitch.
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    I use it and think its excellent. Im in my 2nd season in division 1 so I think it can compete easily. As long as your CDM is set to stay back I think its fine. It is very attacking, and at times essentially becomes a 3-4-3 with the full backs bombing forward. The CDM is key to the formation for me.

I use SBC Parolo and even though he is High/Medium, he is always in position and is a monster at tackling and playing the passes around the pitch.

Thanks for the input! I'm going to try this out! Who do you have for "wingers"?
  • HelloDearie
    IKE_P_H wrote: »

Thanks for the input! I'm going to try this out! Who do you have for "wingers"?

SBC Insigne and IF Bernardeschi in my main team. Coutinho and Lucas in my reserve team. I do prefer attacking wingers rather than defensive ones.
  • Martythedoc
    2515 posts Fans' Favourite
    Won div 1 with it twice. And elite 2 in champions once (usually get gold something depending on mood)
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Won div 1 with it twice. And elite 2 in champions once (usually get gold something depending on mood)

What's your team?
  • MorroWtje

What's your team?

Obv different person, but ive rocked 2 teams for ages, always been div 1, elite and occassional top 40.

Suarez - Torres
    Correa
    Carrasco - Promes
    Romulo
    Filipe Luis - Miranda - Bochetti - Eschenko
    Handa

Smolov - Dzyuba
    Giuliano
    Shatov - Bellarabi
    Baumgartlinger
    Clichy - Otamendi - Dragovic - Brosinski
    Bravo

Ifs/special cards jotted around
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    edited March 2017
    MorroWtje wrote: »

What's your team?

Obv different person, but ive rocked 2 teams for ages, always been div 1, elite and occassional top 40.

Suarez - Torres
    Correa
    Carrasco - Promes
    Romulo
    Handa

Smolov - Dzyuba
    Giuliano
    Shatov - Bellarabi
    Baumgartlinger
    Bravo

Ha! Nice to see some Russian league players around! Teams look good! I have SBC Smolov and he is amazing!
  • Martythedoc
    edited March 2017

What's your team?

Aguero SIF Costa
    KDB
    If payet marhez
    If yaya
    If mulberry smalling if Reid walker
    Courtois

2nd team is
    TOTGS Guilano SBC Jonas
    Firminho (subbed off for if Defoe)
    Martial. if Willian
    Shaw Bailly anderweild Coleman
    Courtois
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional

What's your team?

Suarez - Torres
    Correa
    Carrasco - Promes
    Romulo
    Handa

Smolov - Dzyuba
    Giuliano
    Shatov - Bellarabi
    Baumgartlinger
    Bravo

Ha! Nice to see some Russian league players around! Teams look good! I have SBC Smolov and he is amazing!

@MorroWtje Also, how good is if dzyuba? always wanted to get him, but now it seems that he was pricefixed =(
  • nitraw
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    i used it here and there a bit but yea i felt like the cdm was too alone at times and considering the vast majority of people use 41212 narrow or 4321, this was exposing that issue quite often. i've been using the 442 and it doesnt have the issue of the isolated cm and the cms help out in offense as well. maybe not as involved as a cam would be but that's what my lm/rm and 2 strikers are for. 90% of my goals coming from the strikers the other 8% from the wide players and the other 2% from the cms
  • MorroWtje

What's your team?

Suarez - Torres
    Correa
    Carrasco - Promes
    Romulo
    Handa

Smolov - Dzyuba
    Giuliano
    Shatov - Bellarabi
    Baumgartlinger
    Bravo

@MorroWtje Also, how good is if dzyuba? always wanted to get him, but now it seems that he was pricefixed =(

Got him as a monthly WL reward :S Honestly he's a huge sluggish donkey, but he's 8'3 and can head anything in
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional

What's your team?

Suarez - Torres
    Correa
    Carrasco - Promes
    Romulo
    Handa

Smolov - Dzyuba
    Giuliano
    Shatov - Bellarabi
    Baumgartlinger
    Bravo

Got him as a monthly WL reward :S Honestly he's a huge sluggish donkey, but he's 8'3 and can head anything in

hahahahaha that was an amazing review!
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    @HelloDearie @Martythedoc do you guys mind sharing your instructions / cts for this?
  • HelloDearie
    @HelloDearie @Martythedoc do you guys mind sharing your instructions / cts for this?

ST- get in behind, stay central
    LM/RM - get into box for crosses
    CAM - free role, stay forward
    CDM - stay back while attacking
    LB/RB - always overlap

Prepare to concede goals. I am very attacking, but do win more than I lose. As long as you have good finishers you will be fine
  • Amargaladaster26
    10718 posts Has That Special Something
    The most unrealistic formation ever.
  • Pranav
    800 posts Semi-Pro
    last time i used this effectively was fifa 15
  • Martythedoc
    @IKE_P_H only saw this today been off the forums for a while. Taking a break from FIFA at the moment

Here's all my Cts and instructions

Speed 85
    Passing 50
    Organised
    Passing 54
    Crossing 50
    Shooting 75
    Organised
    Pressure 55
    Aggression 54
    Width 40
    Cover