Has anyone had success with "slower" wingers? Like Coutinho and Mahrez?

IKE_P_H
1159 posts Professional
Really interested in trying those out

Comments

• Frankenberry
    10217 posts Has That Special Something
    Those aren't slow players, they're actually very fast.
  • MaddMike3711
    12945 posts Has That Special Something
    IF Moses is class. He overpowers a lot of smaller fullbacks and is deadly in and around the box. :)
  • A5B
    3583 posts National Call-Up
    Pretty sure @SaifR enjoys using LW Mkhitaryan. :)
  • tatadwader
    2423 posts Fans' Favourite
    Sif Arnautovic is pretty good. But I play him at LCM.
  • G000ner
    7202 posts Big Money Move
    Those aren't slow players, they're actually very fast.

Agreed. 80 pace is fast enough. Anything extra is a bonus. Nani is one of my favourite wingers I've used on this game. Much better than the likes of Williams, Cuadrado and Douglas Costa for me
  • SaifR
    12862 posts Has That Special Something
    A5B wrote: »
    Pretty sure @SaifR enjoys using LW Mkhitaryan. :)

Actually moved him back to LCM to provide a spark from midfield. Not because he isn't great on the wing, he is, but because the team needed it.

But his agility, dribbling and 5* WF made him a joy to use. I wouldn't consider him slow though, he just doesn't have blistering pace. :)

d5c1f775e43f78a4a947dd7f77f1290f.png
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    I finished elite 2 with a 12k team with 72 pace on one of my wingers. I'd say if you play 433(4) it wont matter because you will have a lot of passing options. However in a narrow formation like 4321 I don't think it will work
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Capablanca wrote: »
    I finished elite 2 with a 12k team with 72 pace on one of my wingers. I'd say if you play 433(4) it wont matter because you will have a lot of passing options. However in a narrow formation like 4321 I don't think it will work

What about in a formation with wide mids?

@Capablanca
  • GL
    15579 posts World Class
    Do you include Ribery?
  • A Very Pretty Man
    1759 posts Play-Off Hero
    IKE_P_H wrote: »
    Capablanca wrote: »

What about in a formation with wide mids?

@Capablanca

Should work especially if the winger on the other side if very fast. I currently run with Piatti at LM and Alessandrini in my 4231(2) team and it plays well. Piatti allows for good link up play and with an engine card any of those low 80 high 70 pace guys become more than fast enough
  • Kove
    4787 posts Big Money Move
    GL wrote: »
    Do you include Ribery?

In most teams i make, yes :)
  • GL
    15579 posts World Class
    Kove wrote: »
    GL wrote: »
    Do you include Ribery?

In most teams i make, yes :)

He's a beast :)
  • TKBC
    3035 posts National Call-Up

I use a team regularly in a 4-1-2-1-2 wide - LM/RM are NIF Pedro and First IF Bernardo Silva
  • rawket
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    tif bernardo silva is brilliant
  • Thamightyboro
    8100 posts League Winner
    Use them.wherever I can ill take the usually insane dribbling and better passing they generally have over raw pace anyday.

Pl I use coutinho left motm pedro right. 4411
  • Sly1495
    549 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Used If coutinho and TOTT mahrez on right wing, with plenty of success in a proper winger formation, however recently changed to 4321 and they don't really cut the cake as forwards rather than wingers
  • PelzyWelzy
    10626 posts Has That Special Something
    Lucas Vasquez has been great on my pack only account. I got him first as a non rare and from the off he racked up assists. Then pulled his UP the other day and carried on much the same. Is around the Mahrez pace range.

Underrated imo.
  • jordansky1111
    6946 posts Big Money Move
    SIF Isco is an incredible RM. As is SIF Hakan at LM.

Also i wouldnt call any winger over 80 pace slow :D
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    TKBC wrote: »

I use a team regularly in a 4-1-2-1-2 wide - LM/RM are NIF Pedro and First IF Bernardo Silva

@TKBC how is 41212 wide for you? I really want to build a team in that formation but the lone cdm kinda keeps me off
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    Bump!
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    I have no idea why but I don't seem to be able to use pace to my advantage. 75 pace or 95 pace wide player, they won't outrun fullbacks. So I tend to go with good passing, strength and dribbling.
  • ChrisLFC
    7364 posts League Winner
    edited March 2017
    I used Candreva for a bit and he was solid. TIF Silva is good but he gets outmuscled a lot.
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    ChrisLFC wrote: »
    I used Candreva for a bit and he was solid. TIF Silva is good but he gets outmuscled a lot.

I'm afraid that coutinho will be the same as silva. I really want to try him, though. Let's see what I get out of him!
  • Hody
    944 posts Semi-Pro
    How does a lm generally feel/play on a lcm spot with 7 Chem, do you feel the difference to 10 Chem?
  • juniorcbr
    7744 posts League Winner
    I wonder what you would say about IF Tadić. He is beyond fantastic by the way.
  • TKBC
    TKBC wrote: »

@TKBC how is 41212 wide for you? I really want to build a team in that formation but the lone cdm kinda keeps me off

It's good. I think the keys are the CDM and CAM. In that same team I have David Silva and Morgan Schneiderlin in the middle. Works quite nicely for me. I am a Div 1-2 player.
  • TKBC
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

I'm afraid that coutinho will be the same as silva. I really want to try him, though. Let's see what I get out of him!

If your CAM is getting pushed off the ball a lot you aren't passing quickly enough, nor are you using L2 well enough. I have zero issues with players getting pushed off and I use Giovinco, Insigne, etc etc etc
  • Linchi7
    79 posts Park Captain
    Use them.wherever I can ill take the usually insane dribbling and better passing they generally have over raw pace anyday.

Pl I use coutinho left motm pedro right. 4411

I feel the same in 4411, I'd rather have a more balanced card there than say 90+ pace and on more of a forward. And even in other formations I play better with a playmaker or two in the side.
  • omarnyc
    4173 posts National Call-Up
    Mahrez is fun to use
  • bjornheisenberg
    3714 posts National Call-Up
    For me wijnaldum is better than coutinhio or mahrez