Sokker14's 4-3-3 (2) formation guide ft. Liam9lfc

Comments

• Fgermana98
    148 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Sokker14 wrote: »
    Fgermana98 wrote: »
    Great guide, will try the formation during the week and see how it goes.

@Sokker14 who do you think should be my cdm if i have to choose between SBC Can and SBC Fernandinho?
    Thanks!

I'm using Emre Can in my first team and he's great, so if I had to pick, it'd be Can.

Alright thanks.

Any tips for defending with this formation? Sometimes i feel they ping pong pass it around my midfield, especially when its the cdm I'm controlling. I try to cut the passing lanes but I'm still not good enough and fail to intercept the ball at times. Any advice you could provide to improve my defense?
  • wroner
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I used your CT in my 4321 squad: https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/2108731
    and i im so impressed, i will use it in next WL
  • FlareKuldes
    22 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Hello! new Fifa 17 player here and wondering if this formation and the tactics work for a new player? also any advice on a squad to build as a new player, since all i see here are expensive squads =)
  • Sokker14
    4247 posts National Call-Up
    Susie_Lund wrote: »
    Gameplay

The tactics below are a FIFA 17 tweaked version of those we used in FIFA 16 and can be used for both 4-3-3 (2) and 4-2-3-1.

So i can use this for 4231 also, on players instructions, do you all cams on run into box for crosses and both cdm stay back?
    No, we use the same custom tactics for both formations, but different player instructions. The instructions we use for 4-2-3-1 can be found here.
  • Sokker14
    TitanXX wrote: »
    Who Would be the perfect cm in this formation? I have toty Modric and toty Marcelo. Looking for a third cm. I can sub him in
    Renato Sanches is an extremely overpowered CM, but because you have so much money to spend I say Paul Pogba.
  • Sokker14
    Lightshow wrote: »
    Great Guide Sokker and Liam!!! Memory Lane to FIFA 14 4231-2 Guide Hype... :)

Want to try your guys set up! Saw 433-2 this past WL a good amount and my toughest games were against this form.

What mentality you guys use to start the game and when down?
    Thanks! We automatically start on 'Defensive', because of the custom tactics (don't ask me why), but it's OK to switch too 'Balanced'. Anything else is a no for me, unless you're in need of a goal.
  • Raider
    3759 posts National Call-Up
    edited March 2017
    my 433(2) got destroyed by 4231 last night... though he did have a better squad with 89 mertens sif hazard sif eriksen etc :< need to replace joao mario as his finishing is a let down
  • Sokker14
    Great guide, will try the formation during the week and see how it goes.

@Sokker14 who do you think should be my cdm if i have to choose between SBC Can and SBC Fernandinho?
    Thanks!

I'm using Emre Can in my first team and he's great, so if I had to pick, it'd be Can.

Alright thanks.

Any tips for defending with this formation? Sometimes i feel they ping pong pass it around my midfield, especially when its the cdm I'm controlling. I try to cut the passing lanes but I'm still not good enough and fail to intercept the ball at times. Any advice you could provide to improve my defense?
    Try to position your CMs behind the ball.
  • Sokker14
    Hello! new Fifa 17 player here and wondering if this formation and the tactics work for a new player? also any advice on a squad to build as a new player, since all i see here are expensive squads =)
    Yes, as long as you have the patience.

And here is a team with Premier League players worth 2k or less:

8e03f6a1d04f34b39b8542abf5b86115.png
  • Lynk
    31 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Renato or movember luz gustavo as cdm?
  • Trikky
    98 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    @Sokker14 An updated 4231 guide would be great :D
  • Sokker14
    Lynk wrote: »
    Renato or movember luz gustavo as cdm?
    That's a tough one, but I vote for Renato Sanches.
  • Sokker14
    Trikky wrote: »
    @Sokker14 An updated 4231 guide would be great :D
    It's on it's way. You can expect the release in March.
  • RipCitiBoi
    138 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I tried out your CT and instructions but it was a hit and miss type of thing. What I noticed right away was how well I was able to cover space and intercept passes. It was amazing. The problem for me was creating scoring opportunites. I probably averaged one goal a game in four games. Switched to a 4321 next game and tied at 4-4.
  • IKE_P_H
    1159 posts Professional
    edited March 2017
    Reckon this would work well? I was looking at all of those upgrades and these players look quite right for this formation

Screenshot_20170228_213011.png
  • Sokker14
    IKE_P_H wrote: »
    Reckon this would work well? I was looking at all of those upgrades and these players look quite right for this formation

I'm not so sure about the wingers, but the rest of the team looks really nice.
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    What a great guide! It inspired me to try this formation again after using 4231-2 for ages, I really like idea of central midfielders occupying that number 10 spot and how good your build-up play looks in those clips. I play a passing game too so I thought this would work wonders for me.

But unfortunately it didn't :/ I had Kluivert, H/L workrates, as a striker and he was constantly hanging around in the midfield and not getting forward. Only midfielder who tried to get forward was De Rossi at CDM spot and his stamina drained quickly. I think this is because I never use LB+A passes to send my players forward, I suppose this would be essential to make this formation work?

Well, I guess I'll have to learn to use to trigger runs myself and then try this tactic again.
  • Liam9lfc
    8542 posts League Winner
    edited March 2017
    I rarely use L1+X unless I have the intention of playing a quick one - two.
  • MiIan
    12636 posts Has That Special Something
    Should I use Khedira at the CDM spot? I'm not quite sure about the H-H workrates.
  • exzoo
    32259 posts National Team Captain
    KingDutch wrote: »
    Should I use Khedira at the CDM spot? I'm not quite sure about the H-H workrates.

He was awful for me
  • Sokker14
    KingDutch wrote: »
    I'm not a big fan of Sami Khedira, but for others he did just fine.
  • dvdpk58
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited March 2017
    Hey Sokker, thanks for the nice guide!

I came up with these 2 teams, dont have any coins atm, but what do you think would be the spots to start upgrading first?

7177bc6994922df859f6ca32443ab4ff.png

c4b9be4aa80eee0863ae3ba5d0ee6bfb.png
  • Sokker14
    dvdpk58 wrote: »
    Hey Sokker, thanks for the nice guide!

I came up with these 2 teams, dont have any coins atm, but what do you think would be the spots to start upgrading first?

7177bc6994922df859f6ca32443ab4ff.png

c4b9be4aa80eee0863ae3ba5d0ee6bfb.png
    I'd get Daniele de Rossi instead of Sami Khedira and then hang on to your coins till you can afford Jerome Boateng.
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    IKE_P_H wrote: »

I'm not so sure about the wingers, but the rest of the team looks really nice.

Get if lopez if Spanish cb there like 25
  • SC1967
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    Really enjoying this formation. Having the most success I've had this FIFA using this BPL team.

6b7bc33a6d12f278aefa6d0aa2c72482.jpg
  • Sokker14
    SC1967 wrote: »
    Really enjoying this formation. Having the most success I've had this FIFA using this BPL team.

6b7bc33a6d12f278aefa6d0aa2c72482.jpg
    That's a very good team indeed!
  • Guzman
    1079 posts Professional
    Great guide once again guys!
    I currently have a 4231 Team but I wanna give this formation a try. Do you think del piero fits this formation? If not can u build me a 2m team on Xbox.

Thank you!
  • Sokker14
    Guzman wrote: »
    Great guide once again guys!
    I currently have a 4231 Team but I wanna give this formation a try. Do you think del piero fits this formation? If not can u build me a 2m team on Xbox.

Thank you!
    Thanks!

Yes, Alessandro Del Piero is perfect for this formation. Strikers don't tend to score a lot of goals with our tactics, so stats like passing and dribbling can be really important for the player up top.

Do you want me to buy a team around Del Piero or do you only want me to make a team in case Del Piero did not fit this formation/play style?
  • Great Guide! My fav formation this year, but with you CT and Instruction it work's awesome.

Can you make me a team with 250k, one with a legend and another one without?

Thanks
  • Krunk_Fu
    236 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2017
    IF Countiho,POTM Son or 89 Hazard? :/