Getting the rhythm back

DSmith
817 posts Semi-Pro
Any of you guys go on bad runs and can't seem to pick back up? Lost 6 in a row and first time in 10 or so seasons dropped out of Div 1. Even in Div 2 i'm just really struggling to score goals or even create chances like I normally do.

This is me too not anything wrong with the game. I'm not passing as well and just seem to have gone backwards.

Do you guys change formation, team etc to try and get it back?

I keep thinking is it me but maybe it's because I've had 2 weekends playing with different teams and I'm simply using my players in the wrong way.

SBC Lacazette has gone from god like to pure **** but is that because I've been using Son and then Auba and you can't use Laca in the same way.

Comments

• BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    Been like it for me since Saturday mate. A win has never been so much hard work. Rage sold lots of players, tried new formation and nothing works. Passing has been so poor, Pogba falling over all the time and I just can't seem to get any movement in my players unless it's my defence running away from the attackers. Can't grasp what's happened. I sold L Hernandez because he just wouldn't sprint. Lay the ball to him and he wouldn't shoot.
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    BiigDee wrote: »
    Been like it for me since Saturday mate. A win has never been so much hard work. Rage sold lots of players, tried new formation and nothing works. Passing has been so poor, Pogba falling over all the time and I just can't seem to get any movement in my players unless it's my defence running away from the attackers. Can't grasp what's happened. I sold L Hernandez because he just wouldn't sprint. Lay the ball to him and he wouldn't shoot.

Haha this is the same. Got untradeable OTW Pogba and he's fallen to pieces. Getting out muscled by players half his size. I'm having a few days off and will see how I do Thursday night. I really like my team now so don't want to make any rash changes but IF Martial, Laca and OTW Dembele just can't seem to work the space.

I'm wondering about input delay too as L2+R2 dribbling no longer seems to work.

Or maybe I'm simply playing with a broken controller :smile:
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    Maybe it is ........
  • CaptEcuador16
    1924 posts Fans' Favourite
    It's happened to me. Won D1 with a 79 rated team then I immediately got relegated to D3 now I'm struggling to hold D2
  • BiigDee
    4972 posts Big Money Move
    DSmith wrote: »
    BiigDee wrote: »

Haha this is the same. Got untradeable OTW Pogba and he's fallen to pieces. Getting out muscled by players half his size. I'm having a few days off and will see how I do Thursday night. I really like my team now so don't want to make any rash changes but IF Martial, Laca and OTW Dembele just can't seem to work the space.

I'm wondering about input delay too as L2+R2 dribbling no longer seems to work.

Or maybe I'm simply playing with a broken controller :smile:

Close up dribbling hardly ever works for me. They go anyway except forwards. Do a good impression of a crab. The game does what it wants lately
  • lozcore
    111 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited March 2017
    The gameplay/servers/input delay/lag has been horrific since last Friday. Kudos to those who are coping with it, not losing their marbles like me and managing to grind out wins. Took some doing talking myself out of rage selling my Serie A boys I've had since day dot. Taking a few days off and hoping for it all to be miraculously fixed by next week.
  • serefinowitz
    474 posts An Exciting Prospect
    When the servers are slow, I take my time. I stop dribbling and just pass. And pass. And pass. until there is time and space to take a good clean shot. Worked for me last night, qualified for the WL for only the 3rd time! (only the 4th time I've tried. Never have time to bother)
  • bigpokey24
    4876 posts Big Money Move
    going through the same patch
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    Taking a break for couple of days and playing another game works for me. I might rotate some new players but I don't change my formation or tactics because I know they're fine.

It's simply me playing badly, if I get annoyed I start to use too much sprint, chace the ball when defending, always trying to move the ball forward too quickly, spam B when trying to win the ball back, not crossing at all etc. This simply leads to all kinds of bs moments and make me want to blame the game heh.

I just had a bad patch, was doing just fine in div2 but then I played a game against a player who had an amazing team and he was really good. I couldn't do anything and lost my head, after that every game was a struggle but I managed to keep div2.
  • iRusty_yo
    4011 posts National Call-Up

It's simply me playing badly, if I get annoyed I start to use too much sprint, chace the ball when defending, always trying to move the ball forward too quickly, spam B when trying to win the ball back, not crossing at all etc. This simply leads to all kinds of bs moments and make me want to blame the game heh.

This

I find just accepting the BS for what it is and keeping calm let's me back in the game.
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    iRusty_yo wrote: »

This

I find just accepting the BS for what it is and keeping calm let's me back in the game.

This is me too. Find instead of working opportunities like usual I just go all out trying to sprint whilst knowing it doesn't work haha
  • Betrus
    1190 posts Professional
    Yeah, last week I was in div 1. Today I got relegated to div 4. Not sure what's going on. The main reasons are servers/lag/delay/latency I guess but still...
    Had 7 draws in div 3 so I'm not losing that many matches. Just not able to kill the games atm.