Corners from corners...

Baznotsobad76
5063 posts Big Money Move
Seems to happen at least twice a match for me.... I'm defending a corner.. The ball comes in, my defender and his attacker both go for the ball, contact is made but it's hard to tell who by, but the ball goes either side of or over my goal so it appears to be an off target shot by my opponent.... But no, apparently it's another corner to him....

Does this happen to everyone?.... It drives me nuts!

Comments

• sounders3
    4492 posts National Call-Up
    Happens all the dang time. Half the time I could swear I never touched it, incredibly annoying
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    Yep happens all the time. Sometimes the guy even gets 5-6 corners in a row, all from really ambiguous touches. Anyway I think it's because I'm pressing circle when defending. It makes the defender head it anywhere, often behind. Pressing square + direction instead will clear the ball forward or outward, not behind yet again. But ugh muscle memory.
  • Baznotsobad76
    5063 posts Big Money Move
    I'm sure I've tried clearing with square but I'll try remember to try again...

I think corners are awful this year... With the short corner glitch and the OP near post corner... The last thing I need is one after another after another....
  • bucs0576
    2357 posts Fans' Favourite
    Played Rippa tonight a few games. The 3rd game he had 6 in a row just before the half. We were both laughing at ea.
  • P1tch_1nvaderz88
    14317 posts World Class
    Had this earlier, guy had 5 corners between the 43min upto HT. Even though I was directing my headers up the pitch they kept either heading it back out to the corner taker or out for another corner.
  • MoUnited7869
    992 posts Professional
    That ❤️❤️❤️❤️ is annoying af
  • I had the opposition striker completely free in the box, shoot, hits the post and goes behind.....gets a corner. No defender in the box, Keeper rooted in the center of the goal....where was the touch.

Same with throw ins...you just have to laugh.
  • Aqeel87
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    Happens same s*** with me too, sometimes 5/6 in a row.
  • Wayno69
    1120 posts Professional
    Don't clear with square, risky!
  • leon1309
    4210 posts National Call-Up
    I had the opposition striker completely free in the box, shoot, hits the post and goes behind.....gets a corner. No defender in the box, Keeper rooted in the center of the goal....where was the touch.

Same with throw ins...you just have to laugh.

Jup this happens aswell, opponent will get the ball even when his player was clearly to last to have contact with the ball (sometimes even when none of your players are near)...
  • aladdin
    1539 posts Play-Off Hero
    yeah you never just have one corner, it's at least 3 in a row!
  • THJ71
    747 posts Semi-Pro
    Yes the repetitive corner crap needs fixing. Same for both sides though

As mentioned, there are many a time when it clearly goes off the opposition but it is still a corner or you own player insists on heading it out for another corner no matter what you do on the controller

And dare you lose the ball when you have a corner, you are *****d as for some reason it is nearly always 3 pacey ❤️❤️❤️❤️ against your 2 lumbering donkeys, sometimes 1 on the counter at the half way line
  • woggyboy86
    1556 posts Play-Off Hero
    My defender heads it out or clears it for a corner when he has a free attempt to clear it anywhere on the pitch even after I'm holding the analog stick the opposite way
  • Poolstu123
    785 posts Semi-Pro
    A little bit different but still a ball ache at corners is that moment you put a perfect corner in to your tallest player that you're in control of to what looks like a free header, only for the ai to kick in and some random player comes flying in and gets there first only to head it miles over/wide, pisses me right off! Lol
  • Mssingno
    1081 posts Professional
    My corners either result in a goal first time or get cleared first time.
    When defending opp always wins the header no matter where the ball goes.
    Had verratti out jumping my IF Reid.
    Corners are a mess for me
  • alex1987
    5851 posts Big Money Move
    What also annoys me that the defender always seems to head it towards your own backline instead of just heading it forward :neutral:
  • leon1309
    edited March 2017
    Mssingno wrote: »
    Had verratti out jumping my IF Reid.

A few games back the best player in fut Mussa managed to score a hattrick for my opponent: 1. longshot from cca 30m out through forrest of players and right in top corner 2. goal Header from top of the box, through forrest of player, right in top corner again (must have power header trait :) ) 3. goal just outside the box, no look, back turned, through my entire defence and few of his players...guessed it: right in top corner

...almost made me rage sell my entire team (had otherwise solid Handanovič in goal, but in that game he could not stop the best player in fut)...

...and opponnent dabbed after every goal with Musa to rub it in :)

What I am trying to say the game feels on rails sometimes and is just a general mess...
  • LEFT_FOOTER
    107 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    The worst for me is when I'm controlling a player and set to head it away , then one of my other defenders who I'm not controlling gets in the way and heads it behind for a corner.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    The worst for me is when I'm controlling a player and set to head it away , then one of my other defenders who I'm not controlling gets in the way and heads it behind for a corner.

Yes, happens at both ends, the AI even scores sometimes, although it usually misses when I'd probably score. In next years version the refs will probably give you a card for being fouled and the AI will probably dribble past players for you, it's getting that bad.

• leon1309

Jup hate it when that happens and it happens way to often...will aim at my tall striker to get a good chanse for a header and AI controlled usually a lot smaller midfielder will either get in the way by sprinting infront or trying to score a header on its own...
  • General-Richa
    1094 posts Professional
    If there's one thing I find even more annoying than conceding corner after corner... it's the stupid animations of players celebrating having just put the ball behind for another corner.

I mean, you aim the stick to head the ball upfield, you think the opponent must've got to the ball as it's gone behind, but before you can say 'goal kick', the defender punches the air with glee at the fact they've just gifted the opponent yet another opportunity to put pressure on your team, yes, thanks a lot, give yourself a pat on the back, numpty.