What keeps you playing FUT?

Comments

• DeanoZoff
    4260 posts National Call-Up
    I've really enjoyed playing seasons for the last 2 weeks due to my team not meeting WL requirements. Weekend league makes me hate the game at times. Using legends has made the game so much more fun
  • JRO1998
    100 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I have spent too much money on the game to stop
  • Wayno69
    781 posts Semi-Pro
    The enjoyment I get from wasting my time and hard earned money
  • randomhero1090
    5627 posts Big Money Move
    3 goals, like to hit 1 of them.

Win D1. Elite monthly (missed by 3 twice now). Elite weekly (just got 27).
  • Lyko
    57 posts Park Captain
    I have achieved everything i set out to do in the game (d1 + monthly fut champs rewards) so now I only play for fun.

• Snugglebites
    1098 posts Professional
    I'm slowly doing all the League SBC. I have no idea why, as I'll never use the reward players, but it's the only reason I play for now.
  • Waspy
    3885 posts National Call-Up
    It's an unhealthy addiction........ I'd imagine crack ****, crystal meth or even heroin aren't anywhere near as frustrating as this seeping bag of toss. Yet we all still keep coming back, despite the fact it's clearly broken and we all get buggard harder than private school boy by EA.
  • Footy21
    50 posts Park Captain
    Waspy wrote: »
    It's an unhealthy addiction........ I'd imagine crack ****, crystal meth or even heroin aren't anywhere near as frustrating as this seeping bag of toss. Yet we all still keep coming back, despite the fact it's clearly broken and we all get buggard harder than private school boy by EA.

I totally know what you mean!
  • Dannygfc
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Waspy wrote: »
    Haha true
  • Footy21
    50 posts Park Captain
    mokifly wrote: »
    I play for those smooth matches without any delay or lag, unfortunately this happens only 1 of 500. Wednesday's the only playable day in the week, rest of the week the servers are too crowded and gameplay is "heavy".

Agreed. I can't even play online anymore because of this. I generate most scoring through precise passing, tough to do when my game is stuttering the entire time
  • Footy21
    50 posts Park Captain
    Solari wrote: »
    the special card...EA did a pretty good job in giving out many IF/ SBC cards this year
    I used to finish UT around xmas but this year I'm still actively trading

This is probably my main reason to keep playing too, I'd like to build my fav team with IFs or some form of nice card and then call it a day

• Rodney_trotter
    623 posts Sunday League Hero
    I'm addicted plain and simple, ea are very clever
  • RealM
    5601 posts Big Money Move
    Watching football makes me want to play fifa.
  • Keepthechange
    1654 posts Play-Off Hero
    The weekend league and I actually enjoy the gameplay with 4231(1) formation, it makes the game feel a little bit more realistic rather than playing the typical ping pong passing
  • lyriic
    163 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Addiction to football, trading and Squad progression (getting better players and so on) that has a bit of an RPG element to it.
  • Betrus
    1190 posts Professional
    Addiction and the fact that I have no life.
  • Paquetesousa
    2079 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have an addiction to squad building and cards.

I get bored design and build a squad, play a few games against teams containing Butland, Walker, Bailly, Smalling and Kante playing a sport I don't recognize and subsequently lose any desire to play this terrible game.

Then I get bored and the process begins again, I think it's what's known as a vicious circle.

I think i spot a pattern here lol
  • Rodney_trotter
    623 posts Sunday League Hero
    It does my head in lol, especially with the risk of the otw cards, love it!
  • Footy21
    50 posts Park Captain
    It does my head in lol, especially with the risk of the otw cards, love it!

Yah, the OTW cards are so annoying. They can either be considered an incredibly wise investment or a complete waste of coin. Defintely creates a new element to risk reward
  • PelzyWelzy
    9454 posts League Winner
    DIXON THFC wrote: »
    I ask myself this at times, game time for me is limited... I have battlefield 1, skyrim, resi 7 etc all unplayed because of my addiction to this game :s

Ahh mate i can relate. Have Battlefield, The Division and even GTA 5 i've never touched because of this sodding game.
  • Footy21
    50 posts Park Captain
    PelzyWelzy wrote: »
    DIXON THFC wrote: »
    I ask myself this at times, game time for me is limited... I have battlefield 1, skyrim, resi 7 etc all unplayed because of my addiction to this game :s

Ahh mate i can relate. Have Battlefield, The Division and even GTA 5 i've never touched because of this sodding game.

The worst is when you're in the middle of a game and you start playing FIFA. When you get back to that other game, you can't even remember how to play it!
  • Kove
    4019 posts National Call-Up
    The lack of decent alternatives.