What keeps you playing FUT?

Footy21
50 posts Park Captain
What pushes you to keep playing FIFA FUT, are there personal goals you have in the game, is it simply winning one day the weekend leagues or assembling your dream team? Just curious what keeps you going!

Comments

• mokifly
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I play for those smooth matches without any delay or lag, unfortunately this happens only 1 of 500. Wednesday's the only playable day in the week, rest of the week the servers are too crowded and gameplay is "heavy".
  • Vaaass
    2678 posts National Call-Up
    My idiocracy
  • Stkyfngz
    4847 posts National Call-Up
    I've found a fun team that i just like using.

There's no real push for me to continue playing, it's just the newest football simulation game that's out there. I've played significantly less compared to before though.

I also like opening packs once in awhile, kinda keeps me going.
  • Weekend league... thats it. If it hadnt been for that this game would've been uninstalled mid December.
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    Weekend league... thats it. If it hadnt been for that this game would've been uninstalled mid December.

• Solari
    1880 posts Play-Off Hero
    the special card...EA did a pretty good job in giving out many IF/ SBC cards this year
    I used to finish UT around xmas but this year I'm still actively trading
  • DtGodmage22
    7050 posts League Winner
    Not even sure anymore
  • Oduwas_Disrespect
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    SBC's I had targeted 1 million Coins but happened ages ago. Pretty proud as I don't trade. Just sell what I earn in packs. Or the Fifa points I spent at the start. Build teams ect.

Not played this week, tried on Sunday afternoon but was terrible. That was just normal divisions games.

Then I sell my squad , change formations...tinker with CTs, build new team Tey again and it's the same garbage gameplay.

• Jogi
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I honestly dont **** know, Iam competitive and I find the game competitive, at the same time it is absolute garbage in terms of competition because of PC being riddled with cheating ****, and that game mechanics are being hidden. It is a game where it is hard to improve on.
  • DIXON THFC
    2478 posts Fans' Favourite
    I ask myself this at times, game time for me is limited... I have battlefield 1, skyrim, resi 7 etc all unplayed because of my addiction to this game :s
  • GeezR81
    1106 posts Professional
    edited February 2017
    Scoring goals
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    I just wanted a red inform pack, achieved that this week after finally playing 4 weekends on the bounce..

Stopped playing at 17 wins this week so im not tempted to play next weekend..

Time for a month off from WL, its not worth the stress it caused, in theory the packs you get as a reward are great but the pack weight is so bad that it really is not worth your time!!

Playing WL going through the emotions and stress only to pack Ruffier as you best player?

Diddily diddily dong man
  • adken
    45 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Dazza3113 wrote: »
    I just wanted a red inform pack, achieved that this week after finally playing 4 weekends on the bounce..

Time for a month off from WL, its not worth the stress it caused, in theory the packs you get as a reward are great but the pack weight is so bad that it really is not worth your time!!

Playing WL going through the emotions and stress only to pack Ruffier as you best player?

Diddily diddily dong man

I reached the same conclusion in December. Weekend time is definitely at a premium for me, but I ground out enough games in December to get gold monthly, only to pack red Al Soma (perhaps literally the worst 84 rated card in terms of building a team around him), followed by Lopez, I think an 81 rated argentina striker I wouldn't use on a dare, and one other red card I CBA to even remember.

WL I think is definitely a two edged sword. It adds a great competitive element beyond just seasons, but at the same time it GREATLY increases FIFA burn out. I'm usually down to play FIFA till at least TOTS, but now I'm all united states of whatever.
  • Blair4DFC
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2017
    I go through spells trying different playing styles that motivates me to play. First 3 months of FIFA I go through switching between your bog standard, boring teams with Premier League, La Liga, Serie A & Bundesliga teams then I get bored of them and cut them all up and make different fun teams every week.

Right now I'm trying Passing and Possession with a lot of Spanish players. Works really well, you learn to be patient and you look for the extra pass and it improves your decision making.

Earlier I tried long throws, long ball, flick ons and crosses - worked well at the start of FIFA but FIFA 17 isn't a heading game though, the game will decided if a header is going in whether it is Llorente heading it or Iniesta heading it.

I also played a 4-2-3-1(1) team with pacey players - pacey strikers and cams as the 3 CAMs in that formation. Works really well, will go back to it.

Also earlier last week I played a Pirlo team with him as the deep lying playmaker abusing him, he's very good. You don't notice pace when it is below 40, he almost seemed quick at times.

I also use the set custom tactics used on team in the main game. So my custom tactics are the tactics set on Spain National Team at the moment.
  • andreens
    659 posts An Exciting Prospect
    PES
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite
    Started fresh over again, fun to build up from scratch
  • Blair4DFC
    95 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    semia172 wrote: »

Building up from scratch mid game isn't worth the time. A lot of the good players are cheap now, so instead of having to play 4 more matches to afford that Trémoulinas or to afford that Winston Reid you can afford them after you complete a couple of the basic SBCs.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    14401 posts Has That Special Something
    boredom and addiction
  • Nobber93
    1435 posts Play-Off Hero
    DIXON THFC wrote: »
    I ask myself this at times, game time for me is limited... I have battlefield 1, skyrim, resi 7 etc all unplayed because of my addiction to this game :s

Same. Need to finish tomb raider, watch dogs 2 and buy horizon

• Mysticetus
    157 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2017
    I keep playing because I really enjoy the game and have fun in every match.

Love the SBCs and trading too, looking up fixtures, trying to plan investments for MM, POTM and OTWs adds something very different to this FIFA.

Main aim is to finally get to and win Division 1, also to try and complete all the remaining SBCs that come out.
  • Orikoru
    10712 posts Has That Special Something
    Just stubbornness I think.

"This time it'll be good... surely this time it'll be good.. :frowning: "
  • Denisianes
    8126 posts League Winner
    Blair4DFC wrote: »
    semia172 wrote: »

Building up from scratch mid game isn't worth the time. A lot of the good players are cheap now, so instead of having to play 4 more matches to afford that Trémoulinas or to afford that Winston Reid you can afford them after you complete a couple of the basic SBCs.

Sometimes you have no choice, but to start fresh. Bad part is not that you can afford more players easily, but that you play a lot of stacked teams, which wouldn't have happened as often at the start of fifa.

For me it is one of the few games that are perfect for controllers and I just enjoy it.
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    Playing the toughest opponents in FUT Champions makes this game interesting for me
  • Dannygfc
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I love playing FUT. I love the low prices, winning IF Ronaldo every pack, never getting lag, pristine gameplay, no rubber band AI, brilliant defending and if anything goes wrong EA offer perfect, on time customer service.

Yea right lol
  • pudgyfudgy
    5531 posts Big Money Move
    Using teams that just click. The feeling of fluidity and fluency makes the game fun.

That said, I deliberately stopped at 9 wins this WL. That's all I needed for gold monthly. Grown quite sick of the grind, and Nioh looks really good.
  • Pipita
    634 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Dazza3113 wrote: »

Diddily diddily dong man

This!

The packs i mean for people who got example gold 1-3 every week just gettin the normal gold packs and every week packing kagawa or some **** aint worth it compare the time you spend on a game (40 games) dont get me wrong im grateful to this new addition in this game mode. The packs should give us somehow more chance of gettin good players atleast if you finish elite you get the informs! One inform even would be good! Just my opinnion!:)
  • Thefranchise92
    3722 posts National Call-Up
    Not even sure anymore

Same. I mean elo keeps me at the same level for weekend league so don't know why I'm trying to get better teams and players as the end result is the same. I guess u could say that about any game that doesn't have a specific goal or end
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    Not even sure anymore

Same. I mean elo keeps me at the same level for weekend league so don't know why I'm trying to get better teams and players as the end result is the same. I guess u could say that about any game that doesn't have a specific goal or end

Difference between 100k squad and 5m squad is 3-4 wins at best. Cheap teams play just as good collectively and it seems better at times. Expensive teams are better individually but their team play is below that of cheap teams
  • My addiction.
  • Notformeclive
    2366 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    I have an addiction to squad building and cards.

I get bored design and build a squad, play a few games against teams containing Butland, Walker, Bailly, Smalling and Kante playing a sport I don't recognize and subsequently lose any desire to play this terrible game.

Then I get bored and the process begins again, I think it's what's known as a vicious circle.