State of the packs?

YouWantUsFC
2752 posts Fans' Favourite
Never expect anyone amazing, but recently they seem to have gotten much worse.

Did all the MMs and didn't pack anyone of value at all.

My son just did 2 on his profile and exactly the same story, very very poor.

Spent a bit of time getting ready for them this weekend, and spent a decent amount of coins on the players I ended up using.

Lucky if I got 5k profit for the hassle.

Feels wrong,

Comments

• Rutta
    6136 posts Big Money Move
    Really poor and they are just a coin sink every week for me.

I only do them because I see people posting great pulls on here.
  • KingLionel10
    15024 posts World Class
    I pulled UP Pique, best pull I've had from any SBC, MM for donkeys
  • LeonidasJB
    15028 posts World Class
    I had barely anybody in club, so cost me 20k in total approx. Unless I sell absolutely everything from the packs I am about 8k down.
    Subasic literally the only player of any note.
  • Bluebirds87
    691 posts An Exciting Prospect
    It's all luck, a week ago I would of agreed but in the last week I've had IF Martial, Lloris and David Silva (2 walkouts) and Jesus
  • DarthGrowler
    14537 posts Has That Special Something
    Packs have been bad of late
  • WFCBagnall
    70312 posts Moderator
    Brilliant as usual for me.
  • YouWantUsFC
    edited February 2017
    Yeah I always try to look at them from a ten pack ratio angle, and granted I did ok with my WL reward packs, but the 8 other mms and 2 bonus packs for doing all 4, which equals 10, were horrible.
    Gotta remember guys, I have completed every SBC possible in 2017 except SPL and La Liga, and in 2016, I did most of them except the futmas sbcs and a few mms between launch and late October.
    I did a gold upgrade last night for banter, got 2 x 75s??!!
  • Pulled Messi from a premium players pack.
    Pulled IF Martial from bpl pack last week.
    Seem great to me
  • Painter753
    8824 posts League Winner
    Packs suck
    Gameplay sucks
    Servers suck
    EA community support sucks
    SBC's suck
    Game sucks
  • YouWantUsFC
    Pulled Messi from a premium players pack.
    Seem great to me

And obviously it would - you pulled a player who you can sell for more then what ten weeks of MMs cost to complete and another who sells for more than 4 or 5 weeks.
    I haven't packed anyone worth crazy money I can sell, other than OTW Kante, who I spent 10 OTW sbcs worth of players on to get.
    I have had great pack pulls, not ignoring or disrespecting that, but here we are end of February and I still don't have the team I want, but been playing since launch more or less.
    Pack weights, across all levels, seem very poor at moment.
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    I spent about 120 the other day, and my best player was Barzagli. :joy:
    Then I threw 10$ on, opened one 15 k pack and pulled MOTM Thiago. It all comes down to luck honestly. :)
  • Heppers
    3358 posts National Call-Up
    Just did the Utd vs Southampton SBC and got MOTM Escudero
  • Uppedcart
    610 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Packed Bonnuci and MOTM Fabregas, I'd normally agree with you, but I can't moan at that!
  • Pulled Messi from a premium players pack.
    Seem great to me

And obviously it would - you pulled a player who you can sell for more then what ten weeks of MMs cost to complete and another who sells for more than 4 or 5 weeks.
    I haven't packed anyone worth crazy money I can sell, other than OTW Kante, who I spent 10 OTW sbcs worth of players on to get.
    I have had great pack pulls, not ignoring or disrespecting that, but here we are end of February and I still don't have the team I want, but been playing since launch more or less.

Looks like you need to add trading the playing, pack opening equation.
    That's the only way I get a team I'm happy with.
    Never open packs with coins of FP. In 6 years of FUT.

first year I've packed anything decent. Gotta love those SBCs
  • YouWantUsFC
    Seem great to me

Obviously don't expect Messi or even a TOTW, but those packs tonight were awful.
  • D i n k xD
    3282 posts National Call-Up
    I'm up 20k from MMs due to pulling UP Pique
  • Novakoneold
    924 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2017
    Seem great to me

Obviously don't expect Messi or even a TOTW, but those packs tonight were awful.

Yeah, but most are awful

All I see is people on here moaning about how bad they are.
    I'm sure "They" can and do adjust pack weights.
    That's why I don't bother spending coins on them.
  • Bluebirds87
    Also might be worth remembering that what's awful in February potentially would of been a brilliant pack on release week.....

As you get further in the game the options for a great pack get smaller! Someone mentioned Bonuncci earlier in a negative way no doubt because now you can pick him up for like 6k in October tho that would of been a very good pull!
  • I've had better luck recently and honestly thought they had increased pack weight to keep interest up..Pulled MotM toure, Ljungberg and Ramos in the last few weeks
  • YouWantUsFC
    Also might be worth remembering that what's awful in February potentially would of been a brilliant pack on release week.....

As you get further in the game the options for a great pack get smaller! Someone mentioned Bonuncci earlier in a negative way no doubt because now you can pick him up for like 6k in October tho that would of been a very good pull!

Yeah I know that. But literally 90% of what I packed was discard. Not really much worth keeping either. Just feel like I'm seeing a right slump in packs altogether, like the gold upgrade last night, 2x75s? Never had one that bad before.
  • Bluebirds87
    What are the packs for MM this weekend are they good ones?
  • SweetJesus101
    1359 posts Professional
    What are the packs for MM this weekend are they good ones?

All players pack
    Jumbo Premium gold pack
    premium gold players pack x3
  • Dannygfc
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Rutta wrote: »

Don't believe everything you read tho bud. A lot of you tubers chuck hundreds if not thousands into the game overtime. EA also give youtubers winning packs as it's free advertising and makes everyday gamers think they are in with a chance.
  • Tietherope
    10063 posts Has That Special Something
    MM has always been terrible pulls for me. Decided to stop doing them and sold ally Turkish league players instead for around 100k.
  • YouWantUsFC
    edited February 2017
    Dannygfc wrote: »

Don't believe everything you read tho bud. A lot of you tubers chuck hundreds if not thousands into the game overtime. EA also give youtubers winning packs as it's free advertising and makes everyday gamers think they are in with a chance.

I kinda agree and disagree.

Yes EA/Fifa the game, probably do some stuff with certain youtubers but not loads.
    I think the guys who sink hundreds (possibly thousands) into packs, do it because the hits they get from views pays at least half to double what they spend back. They also play, so the best players in their club is a bonus.

That said, although I have had what I would call decent pack luck this Fifa, I do feel a bit out in the cold right now and I know a lot of the guys on here feel similar.

I have spent a modest but still decent amount this Fifa and pay my EA access every month.
    More importantly, me and my son have both devoted a lot of time and energy.
    Something like a TOTW/OTW upgrade weekend would be a bit of a bonus for someone like me, and a Calcio A league SBC will probably result in me getting a player like ADP.

I planned to get a IF this weekend, but dunno if I can now. Would have been better off selling all the MM players I had.

Pretty disappointing to spend the time you do predicting and investing in MMs but not getting much back.

And for the record, in the early days, I only scored from MMs big once, when it was Milan derby, Madrid, Gala v Fener and the other game. Its not like Ive cashed in tons. Profits I made from those MMs, I spent buying Calcio A league.

Sitting here with a club full of players waiting for the right thing and most games, I'm not really enjoying the matches.

Kinda sucks.
  • Skywalker42O
    2522 posts Fans' Favourite
    Today I got two players rated over 83, finally!(up Coutinho and Fahrmann) And inform John brooks(not happy but it's w.e)
  • Realist
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    I was bored at work today so did a bunch of club sbcs and the rio f ones. Started with 40k and ended up with just above 100k after tax. Was happy bearing in mind I hardly had any players so had to buy from scratch. Best pulls included:

UP pique
    Cech
    UP Carrasco
    UP kante
    2 mk dons players (2 hours before the SBC finished!)
    One Notts forest player that went for 9k

Not phenomenal but the best luck I've had in months.
  • Dannygfc
    30 posts Last Pick at the Park

Yes EA/Fifa the game, probably do some stuff with certain youtubers but not loads.
    I think the guys who sink hundreds (possibly thousands) into packs, do it because the hits they get from views pays at least half to double what they spend back. They also play, so the best players in their club is a bonus.

That said, although I have had what I would call decent pack luck this Fifa, I do feel a bit out in the cold right now and I know a lot of the guys on here feel similar.

I have spent a modest but still decent amount this Fifa and pay my EA access every month.
    Something like a TOTW/OTW upgrade weekend would be a bit of a bonus for someone like me, and a Calcio A league SBC will probably result in me getting a player like ADP.

I planned to get a IF this weekend, but dunno if I can now. Would have been better off selling all the MM players I had.

Pretty disappointing to spend the time you do predicting and investing in MMs but not getting much back.

And for the record, in the early days, I only scored from MMs big once, when it was Milan derby, Madrid, Gala v Fener and the other game. Its not like Ive cashed in tons. Profits I made from those MMs, I spent buying Calcio A league.

Sitting here with a club full of players waiting for the right thing and most games, I'm not really enjoying the matches.

Kinda sucks.

Fair point. Can't really disagree with anything ya said.

IMO I kinda wish FIFA was a bit more like Madden Ultimate Team. Guaranteed packs with elite players and better odds all round but you do pay slightly more MUT points. Much more enjoyable building your squad. Having said that, it's easy to see why EA make so much more in FIFA.

I feel your pain
  • YouWantUsFC
    Realist wrote: »
    I was bored at work today so did a bunch of club sbcs and the rio f ones. Started with 40k and ended up with just above 100k after tax. Was happy bearing in mind I hardly had any players so had to buy from scratch. Best pulls included:

UP pique
    Cech
    UP Carrasco
    UP kante

That is awesome!
    The Rio SBC was kind to me too.

Kinda sucks.

IMO I kinda wish FIFA was a bit more like Madden Ultimate Team. Guaranteed packs with elite players and better odds all round but you do pay slightly more MUT points. Much more enjoyable building your squad. Having said that, it's easy to see why EA make so much more in FIFA.

I feel your pain

I think they should be challenging, but I also think it is too hard to get certain players.
    No matter what anyone says, those who played the game ruthlessly from launch have had rule of the roost in the market and still do.
    Look at the Turkey SBC earlier! Had I bought everyone from scratch, I would have been at least 40k down.
  • Realist
    3015 posts National Call-Up
    Realist wrote: »

UP pique
    Cech
    UP Carrasco
    UP kante

That is awesome!
    The Rio SBC was kind to me too.

Kinda sucks.

I feel your pain

I think they should be challenging, but I also think it is too hard to get certain players.
    No matter what anyone says, those who played the game ruthlessly from launch have had rule of the roost in the market and still do.
    Look at the Turkey SBC earlier! Had I bought everyone from scratch, I would have been at least 40k down.

Mate I got lucky that's for sure. I've done pretty much all the club sbcs that give prime player packs (Barca real and Leti aside obvs) and jumbo premium player packs there's nowt left lol.

That said I do feel you tho. I've opened a lot of other types of packs with coins, fp, 2 player untradeables and got sweet FA. Truth is it is pure dumb luck at the end of the day