Journey Mode: Different routes

So today morning I started a journey mode with Spurs. I play as a striker in this save. As the journey mode story goes, Our team's main player in my position (Harry Kane in my case) gets injured.

This is when things get weird. We sign Angel Di Maria for no reason. Now i haven't played multiple saves of journey mode to know who each team signs, but based on some of the videos from Youtubers, teams always sign Harry Kane if u play at striker, Angel Di Maria if you are on the right, Marco Reus for the left and James rodriguez for CAM. Now it gets weirder, based on what i saw on all early access videos, Alex Hunter would get loaned to one of the 3 championship teams. I did not face this instead i continued playing through with Spurs. It could be because of performance in this save while i dont exactly score a lot of goals, i do an excellent job as a target man and set up other players a lot and do some good passes, which is why i always get put at CAM instead of striker. I dont start because of my personality being very fiery.

Now i am near end of September in the game. Meaning the transfer window ended a while ago, but i haven't been selected for the champions league squad as the manager told me.I also haven't faced the scene where gareth walker doesn't reply to Alex anymore. Has anyone faced anything similar or different, please do write about it down below.
P.S While Harry Kane is injured he is always somehow present in my trainings.

Comments

• UPDATE: I ended playing two more games after this and then i got loaned out. It is still strange that i got loaned at the end of September
  • PaulHdGamer
    59 posts Park Captain
    From what I've seen online and played, it seems heavily scripted. Was the 3 loan choices. Newcastle, villa and Norwich?
  • soldadofc
    21 posts Last Pick at the Park
    just a heads up, the journey isn't really different each time. the same things that you are describing have happened to me as well. the funny thing to is that I chose my position as LW and then Kane got injured and they made a big deal. I was like "well I don't care I'm a winger." It's a good start at this type of thing for EA, but they have a long way to go
  • romano
    12 posts Ball Boy
    From what I've seen online and played, it seems heavily scripted. Was the 3 loan choices. Newcastle, villa and Norwich?

yeah they r the only three u get offered probably because they were in the premier league last season so they have licensed stadiums , other stuff like that
  • atSS10
    32 posts Last Pick at the Park
    I played journey 2h and than i get out. But when i started the journey again, i had to start from the beginning. How can i save the story??
  • CaptainJack13
    642 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Do you get to wear coloured adidas boots? I have completed all of the sponsorship deals that you get for different numbers of followers but I still have black Adidas X boots.
  • Geefiasco
    92 posts Park Captain
    Do you get to wear coloured adidas boots? I have completed all of the sponsorship deals that you get for different numbers of followers but I still have black Adidas X boots.
    Silver/Chrome Aces or Black X's are the only choices.

In response to the OP; the story and outcome will always pretty much be the same.

The only variables are your friendships with the main characters, winning/losing the league title and winning/losing the FA Cup at the end.

I've completed it twice and selected different responses on the 2nd attempt, but the moral of story is the same except for what I stated above.

I'm guessing that even if you have a p*ss poor season, you will still end up starting the FA Cup final and being selected for the England squad.

• lordCriper
    313 posts Sunday League Hero
    Started the Journey in Manchester United, I chose CAM. Ibrahimoviz gets injured, the manager keeps playing Hunter as a striker. United signs Harry Kane (yeah that's realistic). Hunter scores at least one goal pre game, personality is balanced, still he's going out on loan while his idiot a-hole childhood friend seems irreplacable.
    The story is just a mess. Having a laugh at how poor it's been written though. :smile:
  • xSullx
    17 posts Ball Boy
    Had my first Journey experience as most have stated above.
    But tried to see, what will happen if my performance is absolotely abysmal. So once I signed with Chelsea I started getting red cards and scoring own goals. They signed Kane, went to loan did the same thing. Got to play only 3-4 matches, because of my red cards. But finally got my contract cancelled and the story was over before I even got called back from loan.

So at least there's the opportunity to be an absolutely horrible player.
  • Ellis_D
    19 posts Ball Boy
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have read here.... Does the Journey only last for one season?! Please tell me that isn't the case. I was hoping it would be a career. It will be absolutely gash if it ends after one season, absolutely pointless!
  • xSullx wrote: »
    Had my first Journey experience as most have stated above.
    But tried to see, what will happen if my performance is absolotely abysmal. So once I signed with Chelsea I started getting red cards and scoring own goals. They signed Kane, went to loan did the same thing. Got to play only 3-4 matches, because of my red cards. But finally got my contract cancelled and the story was over before I even got called back from loan.

So at least there's the opportunity to be an absolutely horrible player.

That's hilarious.
  • Sk Rapid Wien 1899
    102 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ellis_D wrote: »
    Please correct me if I am wrong, but from what I have read here.... Does the Journey only last for one season?! Please tell me that isn't the case. I was hoping it would be a career. It will be absolutely gash if it ends after one season, absolutely pointless!

it ENDS ... you will get an UT "Alex Hunter" 75 gold/black player !
    the position depends, what you have played !

BUT it will continue in FIFA 18
    or as an ADDON or even DLC for Fifa 17 !

SO KEEP YOUR SAVEs secure :-)

• romano
    12 posts Ball Boy
    atSS10 wrote: »
    I played journey 2h and than i get out. But when i started the journey again, i had to start from the beginning. How can i save the story??

when u go to the journey tile again scroll on it like you would when you want to resume your career mode save and you will see load save or something like that

hope this helps
  • Burnie
    228 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited October 2016
    I know the Alex Hunter card is always 75 rated but do the stats on it differ depending on how you done in game or in the training in game or do you think all stats for this card will be the same no matter what youve achieved at training in game or on the pitch?
  • romano
    12 posts Ball Boy
    Burnie wrote: »
    I know the Alex Hunter card is always 75 rated but do the stats on it differ depending on how you done in game or in the training in game or do you think all stats for this card will be the same no matter what youve achieved at training in game or on the pitch?

Alex Hunter will always be 75 rated player no matter how well or how bad you do. He will also have the same pre-set stats regardless of position , if you want to see what his card will be like stats wise just go to futhead and search for alex hunter you will find his card there
  • Kevh
    1 posts Ball Boy
    If u do the journey more than once do u get another Alex hunter or can u only get him once?
  • The thing I liked most was Ayew getting injured at West ham so they signed Kane. Next game Ayew runs out in front of me...
  • Heinz Harald
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited October 2016
    Played as CAM still signed kane and got loaned lol wtf is leicester doing?
  • I have to admit that I was gutted when it ended after one season. They should have allowed it to go further. Its also strange that the manager never speaks to you directly. He comes in then stands there looking out of place.

I hoped that you could interact more as the story seems to be the same no matter what you answer. I would like the chance to transfer out to another club. I liked the grass roots thing and would love that to be in the game more. You can play for your local Sunday league team and maybe get spotted by a scout. Start at some crap club and then build up to whoever you want.
  • Chops95
    1 posts Ball Boy
    edited November 2016
    I started with Bournemouth. Max Gradel, who's a winger, gets injured so they sign Harry Kane. I choose to be a striker yet I kept been played as a CDM for some reason. A few games later Max Gradel is playing alongside me.

After I came back from the loan the commentators mentioned that Bournemouth got knocked out of the Champions League while out on loan, Bournemouth in the CL eh? Then they wouldn't play me in the FA Cup because it was 'too tough' yet when I finally got the chance to play the commentators mentioned that I didn't play as I was out on loan for the previous matches.

I enjoyed it but it needs a lot of work to make it great.
  • PaulHdGamer
    59 posts Park Captain
  • From what I've seen online and played, it seems heavily scripted. Was the 3 loan choices. Newcastle, villa and Norwich?

yes they were partially because ea probably still have their licensing of stadiums n other stuff so its easier for them n its gives a better experience, this was a good start tho n hopefully they can build on it
  • Ellis_D wrote: »

it ENDS ... you will get an UT "Alex Hunter" 75 gold/black player !
    the position depends, what you have played !

BUT it will continue in FIFA 18
    or as an ADDON or even DLC for Fifa 17 !

SO KEEP YOUR SAVEs secure :-)

But then I gotta buy Fifa 18 or the DLC right? And that's gonna cost or will it be free? Please let me know asap. Thank you!
  • Reply please
  • bulldogubld
    121 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    i've started a new journey with Tottenham, playing as LW. Kane got injured, Di Maria is bought and plays as a ST :)) wtf? i wonder if i choose to play CAM, they will buy James Rodriguez? Because playing as Tottneham is the only way to get rid of H. Kane transfer.
  • mickjacobjr
    1201 posts Professional
    The journey is a gimmick they be better focusing on a read mode like career mode which they haven't touched in 5 yrs barely
  • APEX0107
    240 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    I feel like the journey should be much longer. Like it should include you playing for a sunday league team and then watching games from the bench in a first person view and for it to last long til you retire. They should've done it last year, then this year they just make it more customisable/ add new characters for different leagues and focus on the gameplay, more scans, more body models and running styles, more customisation, a create your own stadium, career mode, my player and pro clubs.
  • The journey is a gimmick they be better focusing on a read mode like career mode which they haven't touched in 5 yrs barely

agreed.
  • So do I have to buy a DLC for Fifa 17 if I already have Fifa 17?