I play every game the whole match on ultra defensive

sturges12345
3211 posts National Call-Up
I do this because even on ultra defensive you can still score 5 goals in a match and the defensive line doesn't push as high. I admit it is harder to score but it is easier to defend and i don't always get burned by 99 pace otw mane. Am i sweaty?

Comments

• leon_
    730 posts Sunday League Hero
    Yes
  • Mr_Matchup1
    4929 posts National Call-Up
    It just makes the game really boring
  • leon_
    730 posts Sunday League Hero

Indeed. EA should add some matching options like no replys allowed, no ultra d allowed, etc. the game would be much much better
  • Fab
    18324 posts World Class
    leon_ wrote: »

EA should add some options like no replys allowed,

==thread closed==
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    I can't blame you OP. It's so hard to defend - if I even use balanced then I concede loads of easy goals
  • Tim1982
    1146 posts Professional
    Fab wrote: »
    leon_ wrote: »

EA should add some options like no replys allowed,

==thread closed==

Ha very funny mate
  • LoPo9
    939 posts Professional
    What formation?
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15255 posts World Class
    Lots of people do it. So what?
  • GeezR81
    1106 posts Professional
    edited February 2017
    Am i sweaty?

No idea what your talkn bout m8. Got a spare towel for you here bud, don't worry I got plenty...
  • RayG
    1383 posts Professional

The fact that a lot of people do it doesn't make it a good thing
  • Decee
    474 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I actually find by going defensive or ultra defence my players play better, they want to get the ball quicker and pass it quicker and make more runs.
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4386 posts National Call-Up
    I do this because even on ultra defensive you can still score 5 goals in a match and the defensive line doesn't push as high. I admit it is harder to score but it is easier to defend and i don't always get burned by 99 pace otw mane. Am i sweaty?

Don't worry if anyone thinks you're "sweaty". Who really cares. No matter how you play your opponent will always say you're sweaty.
  • Logan9393
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    What's your gamer tag?

So I can block you.

• Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    I play on balanced/defensive and never have problems defending, I guess I know how to defend :*
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4386 posts National Call-Up
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »
    I play on balanced/defensive and never have problems defending, I guess I know how to defend :*

I go balanced or attacking. I've found if i go defensive it just creates problems for me.
  • RayG
    1383 posts Professional
    Izzy2K17 wrote: »

I go balanced or attacking. I've found if i go defensive it just creates problems for me.

Same for me, on defensive I feel like my players don't make runs and just stay in my own half.
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15255 posts World Class
    RayG wrote: »

the game is engineered on counter attacking football, cry babies cried for patches after patches cos "passing was too easy apparently" now camp your back 5/6 outside the gk line wait for your opponents team to push up with everyone lose the ball release your pacey forward and before you know your 2v1. It's boring and scummy but thats how people play.
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    I play people like that every game. Imo its very effective so keep doing it. I just need to find a way to counter it
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    15255 posts World Class
    Capablanca wrote: »
    I play people like that every game. Imo its very effective so keep doing it. I just need to find a way to counter it

nah not going to stop the way i play to play like a **** just to win but i guess thats what separates you and me. I want to enjoy my win not sweat it.
  • Capablanca

nah not going to stop the way i play to play like a **** just to win but i guess thats what separates you and me. I want to enjoy my win not sweat it.

I said I play people who play like that every game. I don't play it myself but I gives me a hard time and what I love about weekend league is the fierce competition so I'm all in for people giving me a tough mtach.
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Am i the only one who goes ultra attacking? I use 4-1-2-1-2 (2) - Works against most people.
  • Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Ultra defensive is the best, as it makes the defenders positioning about 50% less ret.arded and ruins
    the easy Counter attacks from 12 year olds that play ''the best football''.

The only goals I ever concede are the ones where my defenders feel like giving the ball to the attacker for
    free.
  • Minty89
    304 posts Sunday League Hero

the game is engineered on counter attacking football, cry babies cried for patches after patches cos "passing was too easy apparently" now camp your back 5/6 outside the gk line wait for your opponents team to push up with everyone lose the ball release your pacey forward and before you know your 2v1. It's boring and scummy but thats how people play.

I played a guy last night like this if Sanchez OT mane if Walcott with ultra defense on in WL
    against my awful Curtis Davies ....ect squad
    Very sad.
  • Capablanca
    Minty89 wrote: »

I played a guy last night like this if Sanchez OT mane if Walcott with ultra defense on in WL
    Very sad.

This, what's the point of expensive squads if people will play PTB
  • Izzy2K17
    11698 posts Has That Special Something
    Teepo wrote: »
    Ultra defensive is the best, as it makes the defenders positioning about 50% less ret.arded and ruins
    the easy Counter attacks from 12 year olds that play ''the best football''.

The only goals I ever concede are the ones where my defenders feel like giving the ball to the attacker for
    free.

Cool story bro, want a cookie :cookie:
  • NickoSkyhoej
    1285 posts Professional
    Minty89 wrote: »

Very sad.

This, what's the point of expensive squads if people will play PTB

I'm with you on this one.

I have an expensive squad, and i easily used the most for coins for my offensive players, so i play ultra attacking.

And trust me, it's so enjoyable.