Game just made my CB run 20 yards up field away from a through ball..(VID)

ElBarco
430 posts Sunday League Hero
edited February 2017
He played a ball over the top, I started running towards the ball then all of sudden the game pulls the player I controlled 20 yards out of the box, lets his MOTM Son in, he hits a shot straight at De Gea who spills it back into the goal
People say scripting doesn't exist...
Post edited by ElBarco on

Comments

• Teepo
    146 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Saying it's scripting is giving EA too much credit, they're just not that good at making a good AI... which is why that happens...
  • ElBarco
    edited February 2017
    It's not even AI though. I was controlling the player. It just pulled me out of the way and let him in

here it is in all it's glory
  • Robinflex
    1893 posts Fans' Favourite
    ElBarco wrote: »
    It's not even AI though. I was controlling the player. It just pulled me out of the way and let him in

here it is in all it's glory

What a **** up way to concede
  • Daveofwales01
    8390 posts League Winner
    This happened to me today, I thought it was auto move assist or whatever it's called but that was set to off.
  • ElBarco
    This happened to me today, I thought it was auto move assist or whatever it's called but that was set to off.

You can actually see after I switch that I start to move towards the ball then voodoo takes over
  • Frankenberry
    10214 posts Has That Special Something
    No offense, but if you just immediately switch to your CM as soon as you lose possession and then just sprint around for tackles (like how you did in this clip), then stuff like this deserves to happen.

Watch here as your fullback steps in to mark the LW dropping inside. The ST cuts out to the wing, and your CB is already way out of position to mark the run:

FdQ06R6.gif

In retrospect, you should've seen this run coming. Your RB left his wide position to mark the winger, so you could have either manually retreated the RB back to the outside (to cut off that LB+Y) or you could have manually dropped your CB back (to cut off that LB+Y).

Instead, you waited for the game to auto-switch you on an air ball (which is a terrible choice). If you wait that long to switch players, you're already too late. My advice is to not lock onto the midfielders and hope your defensive line can keep perfect shape the entire match.
  • Frankenberry

You can actually see after I switch that I start to move towards the ball then voodoo takes over

That "voodoo" is because you're holding sprint to the right with Pogba, and the game auto-switches you to your RCB on the air ball. Either it's a delay due to lag or just from not realizing the player switched, that sprint to the right carries over to your CB too.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    Off topic but I hate those half **** saves by the keepers also.
  • Vaaass
    2843 posts National Call-Up
    No offense, but if you just immediately switch to your CM as soon as you lose possession and then just sprint around for tackles (like how you did in this clip), then stuff like this deserves to happen.

Watch here as your fullback steps in to mark the LW dropping inside. The ST cuts out to the wing, and your CB is already way out of position to mark the run:

FdQ06R6.gif

In retrospect, you should've seen this run coming. Your RB left his wide position to mark the winger, so you could have either manually retreated the RB back to the outside (to cut off that LB+Y) or you could have manually dropped your CB back (to cut off that LB+Y).

Instead, you waited for the game to auto-switch you on an air ball (which is a terrible choice). If you wait that long to switch players, you're already too late. My advice is to not lock onto the midfielders and hope your defensive line can keep perfect shape the entire match.

Maybe he could have prevented it but regardless, that doesn't make that complete utter crap okay just because he had a bad moment
  • ElBarco

FdQ06R6.gif

I actually press tackle with pogba and had let go of sprint before the switch. Dont see how trying to tackle someone is deserving of a player running for seconds in the wrong direction to what I'm holding.
    The answer to every issue in the game isn't 'git gud' so you can feel superior
  • Frankenberry
    I actually press tackle with pogba and had let go of sprint before the switch. Dont see how trying to tackle someone is deserving of a player running for seconds in the wrong direction to what I'm holding.

Correct, "git gud" is not very helpful, neither is "this game is EAids and broken".

I'm explaining to you what you did, why it went wrong, and what you can do to prevent. Sorry if I have offended you.
  • ElBarco
    edited February 2017

Correct, "git gud" is not very helpful, neither is "this game is EAids and broken".

I'm explaining to you what you did, why it went wrong, and what you can do to prevent. Sorry if I have offended you.

It may not be helpful, but it's accurate. In this case I held to run towards the ball in the air so I could intercept it. The game did not allow this. That is broken.

Granted I could have defended better, but I would have defended the pass as the CB has it covered. I wasn't allowed to though
  • ElBarco
    edited February 2017

delete. failed editing a post! haha how do you delete?
  • Frankenberry

It may not be helpful, but it's accurate. In this case I held to run towards the ball in the air so I could intercept it. The game did not allow this. That is broken.

Looks a lot like you're sprinting right with Pogba (not sure why), and then that action carries over to sprinting right with your CB (either due to lag or just waiting for the game to auto-switch you). I don't think it's that complex of an issue.
  • Frankenberry
    People say scripting doesn't exist...

Of course the next logical conclusion is the game is designed to intentionally screw you over.
  • ElBarco
    edited February 2017
    Vaaass wrote: »

FdQ06R6.gif

Maybe he could have prevented it but regardless, that doesn't make that complete utter crap okay just because he had a bad moment

Yes it does. You're not supposed to try and tackle someone who is about to play a ball in behind your defense ( that you actually didn't see, of course because you suck ) You're supposed to let them play the pass through and then deal with it. The defender then running 20 yards out of position is your own fault. Obviously
  • ElBarco

Looks a lot like you're sprinting right with Pogba (not sure why), and then that action carries over to sprinting right with your CB (either due to lag or just waiting for the game to auto-switch you). I don't think it's that complex of an issue.

You say you're not sure why... yet you previously note that I was trying to tackle.. pick one
  • Frankenberry

You say you're not sure why... yet you previously note that I was trying to tackle.. pick one

"Trying to tackle" in the sense that you're just sprinting around wildly with Pogba, which then led to the wild sprinting with your CB. I didn't mean you were actually timing out a manual standing tackle, sorry for the confusion there.
  • Aspral
    3533 posts National Call-Up
    It looks like you're controlling Pogba and you move him away from goal but you instantly switch to the CB and the movement carries on from Pogba. Either delayed or your own fault.
  • ElBarco

"Trying to tackle" in the sense that you're just sprinting around wildly with Pogba, which then led to the wild sprinting with your CB. I didn't mean you were actually timing out a manual standing tackle, sorry for the confusion there.

Jesus. I sprinted back to cover passes to the strikers. Then I tried to close the ball carrier down and tackle him. You're trying to paint a picture that I was just randomly sprinting about for the sake of it with no thought.
    I agree the movement carried over from that. But there's no reason it should have, nor for that long. I had stopped holding that direction the second the ball was played.