Rating Refresh Investing

DarthHazard
88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
Is it wise to invest in players that you know should be getting upgrades like Kante and Van Dijk?
Will their prices go up when they get their cards updated?

Comments

  • CR7BRUH
    4114 posts National Call-Up
    @DarthHazard No, they will get new cards e.g kante 81 if you have him he will not be upped to 83. His new 83 will be in packs and will appear on the market, if you want the boost you have to buy the 83.

    However, dependant upon the rating/card if they have an if or two their inform will get automatically get upgraded. e.g salah nif is 81 if he get upped to an 83 or so as he has a scream that is 82 that will get upped to an 83 and so forth etc, so his motm may become an 88/89 automatically
  • DarthHazard
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    CR7BRUH wrote: »
    @DarthHazard No, they will get new cards e.g kante 81 if you have him he will not be upped to 83. His new 83 will be in packs and will appear on the market, if you want the boost you have to buy the 83.

    However, dependant upon the rating/card if they have an if or two their inform will get automatically get upgraded. e.g salah nif is 81 if he get upped to an 83 or so as he has a scream that is 82 that will get upped to an 83 and so forth etc, so his motm may become an 88/89 automatically

    See that's been the way in the past but I feel like this year they've changed it. A few youtubers on Twitter have been saying that most likely current cards will get updated instead of the usual.
  • iWilshere_19
    2018 posts Fans' Favourite
    CR7BRUH wrote: »
    @DarthHazard No, they will get new cards e.g kante 81 if you have him he will not be upped to 83. His new 83 will be in packs and will appear on the market, if you want the boost you have to buy the 83.

    However, dependant upon the rating/card if they have an if or two their inform will get automatically get upgraded. e.g salah nif is 81 if he get upped to an 83 or so as he has a scream that is 82 that will get upped to an 83 and so forth etc, so his motm may become an 88/89 automatically

    See that's been the way in the past but I feel like this year they've changed it. A few youtubers on Twitter have been saying that most likely current cards will get updated instead of the usual.

    So what your saying is people think the NIFs will just get refreshed so to speak?
  • DarthHazard
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    So what your saying is people think the NIFs will just get refreshed so to speak?
    Yeah. So anyone that has a Kante card in their club will have the new upgraded version. Maybe they've got it wrong but you never know. Would be nice
  • milan227
    326 posts Sunday League Hero
    100% sure they will put the upgraded version on the market and not update the cards we have in our club.

    $$$$$
  • milan227 wrote: »
    100% sure they will put the upgraded version on the market and not update the cards we have in our club.

    $$$$$

    I agee with this.

    I think it would be great if the cards you had already got Up or Down as that would be different to previous editions and IMO change is good.

    However i think they'll chuck them in packs
  • Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    So what your saying is people think the NIFs will just get refreshed so to speak?
    Yeah. So anyone that has a Kante card in their club will have the new upgraded version. Maybe they've got it wrong but you never know. Would be nice

    100% not.

    Think about what you're saying. Upgrades (new NIF cards) is a way for EA to sell more packs. 100% sure upgraded nifs will be in packs.
  • MiIan
    12636 posts Has That Special Something
    They called it "Rating refresh'" rather than the usual "upgrades" for a reason. The card will get refreshed rather than another card appearing on the market. Why would they else downgrade if the better version of the card would still exist? No one would buy that one so this only makes sense.
  • Tsarov
    11242 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2017
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    So what your saying is people think the NIFs will just get refreshed so to speak?
    Yeah. So anyone that has a Kante card in their club will have the new upgraded version. Maybe they've got it wrong but you never know. Would be nice

    100% not.

    Think about what you're saying. Upgrades (new NIF cards) is a way for EA to sell more packs. 100% sure upgraded nifs will be in packs.

    Yup, if they upgrade NIF Kante there is no reason to keep OTW at this point IMO. This is the difference between NIF's and OTW's.
  • pudgyfudgy
    6185 posts Big Money Move
    KingDutch wrote: »
    They called it "Rating refresh'" rather than the usual "upgrades" for a reason. The card will get refreshed rather than another card appearing on the market. Why would they else downgrade if the better version of the card would still exist? No one would buy that one so this only makes sense.

    They're calling it rating refresh because there will also be downgrades to some cards. Hence they can't call it "upgrades".

    The downgrades will make the better cards more valuable because they can no longer be packed. Cards like 82 Vardy and 84 Sturridge will rise in value permanently.
  • DarthHazard
    88 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    pudgyfudgy wrote: »
    KingDutch wrote: »
    They called it "Rating refresh'" rather than the usual "upgrades" for a reason. The card will get refreshed rather than another card appearing on the market. Why would they else downgrade if the better version of the card would still exist? No one would buy that one so this only makes sense.

    They're calling it rating refresh because there will also be downgrades to some cards. Hence they can't call it "upgrades".

    The downgrades will make the better cards more valuable because they can no longer be packed. Cards like 82 Vardy and 84 Sturridge will rise in value permanently.

    So technically we should be investing in OP players on FIFA that are doing ❤️❤️❤️❤️ in real life
Sign In or Register to comment.