Still on that 4231(Narrow and wide) train *UPDATED TEAMS AS OF TODAY

Comments

• verdolaga
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero
    krakos000 wrote: »
    verdolaga wrote: »
    @krakos000 do you think if nif Ron and Messi would be wasted at lm/rm?

Probably unless the rest of your team is stacked. I would want Ronaldo at striker and Messi at cam.

Sbc Suárez at cam and Griezmann at st, but will probably swap Griez and Ron in game.
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class

Probably unless the rest of your team is stacked. I would want Ronaldo at striker and Messi at cam.

Sbc Suárez at cam and Griezmann at st, but will probably swap Griez and Ron in game.

Yeah then in that case go for it! Just keep them on stay forward and cut inside and it'll be fine
  • verdolaga
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero

Yeah then in that case go for it! Just keep them on stay forward and cut inside and it'll be fine

Thx will post later on how it went.
  • AdamSufc1997
    46 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Playing quite well with it atm but need to buy better players
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    I feel like Pogba is annoying me at cdm, had him at cm in a 41212-2 before but in an attacking role.

I have otw kante at the other cdm and he just never stays back for me but I'm keeping him so who could I put at rcdm for the upcoming wl. I was thinking of selling pogba to fund Keane or keeping Pogs and just buying someone else for the weekend with a 120k budget.

Any suggestions?
  • mjs4p
    12305 posts Has That Special Something

Thx will post later on how it went.

I'll be curious to hear this too. I used Messi at RM for awhile and he felt wasted.
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class
    Ecr8on wrote: »
    I feel like Pogba is annoying me at cdm, had him at cm in a 41212-2 before but in an attacking role.

I have otw kante at the other cdm and he just never stays back for me but I'm keeping him so who could I put at rcdm for the upcoming wl. I was thinking of selling pogba to fund Keane or keeping Pogs and just buying someone else for the weekend with a 120k budget.

Any suggestions?

Keane is probably really good in this formation. I use SBC Fernandinho as RCDM and IF Kante at LCDM and they work well together. I imagine Keane would be great too
  • Wolver
    1773 posts Play-Off Hero
    @krakos000

Thanks for answering my questions and for sharing your knowledge and CTs :)

Unfortunately, even tho I had some fun with it, I think for most games I couldn't control the game (even having more possession) it felt my possession wasn't really in key areas, and my opponents were always more dangerous.

I liked the LM and RM dynamics. Finally I could do 1-2's with my full backs. But not as many times and successfully as I wanted.

I also enjoyed the CT. Maybe Im even using that in my other teams :)

Keep up the thread! i'm sure it helped and will help a lot of good people in here!!
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero

Any suggestions?

Keane is probably really good in this formation. I use SBC Fernandinho as RCDM and IF Kante at LCDM and they work well together. I imagine Keane would be great too

Yeah I'm going for him, I wish I had sbc Fernandinho, switched to Xbox at Xmas and didn't have the chance.

This formation is the only one I enjoy playing with now, was a 4411 and 41212-2 but nothing beats the fluidity of 4231 for me.
  • DazF90
    1372 posts Professional
    Morning all! This has been my fav formation for the past few fifas, however I strayed away after the patch and mainly used 4411/433(2) looking to come back now as I miss the added security of the cdms against all these counters! Lol what do
    You think of the below teams? Havent played them yet

IMG_6904.png[img][/img]IMG_6905.png[img][/img]IMG_6906.png[img][/img]
  • CovLee_Candice
    5107 posts Big Money Move
    hi I have nif messi and potm zlatan. so messi at cam and zlatan at ST or vice versa?
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class
    hi I have nif messi and potm zlatan. so messi at cam and zlatan at ST or vice versa?

Messi cam all day!
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class
    Wolver wrote: »
    @krakos000

Unfortunately, even tho I had some fun with it, I think for most games I couldn't control the game (even having more possession) it felt my possession wasn't really in key areas, and my opponents were always more dangerous.

I liked the LM and RM dynamics. Finally I could do 1-2's with my full backs. But not as many times and successfully as I wanted.

Keep up the thread! i'm sure it helped and will help a lot of good people in here!!

Yeah no problem man! I'm sure it isn't everyones cup of tea but at least you tried it for yourself! I love that the fullbacks get involved more and you don't have to worry about getting countered since the 2 cdms(if they're chosen right) stay back for the most part or don't venture too far forward.

It's hit or miss for me sometimes too tbh. I have to be in a certain "zone" to be able to read the formation during the game and make plays haha whereas other formations like 41212 2 and 4321 are easy to just pick up and play whenever. I feel like it takes more tactical awareness than those do.

That's cool the CT work too! The only.thing I've changed up as of right now is I moved the pressure up to 50 to try out pressing a little higher and getting the ball back a little quicker.
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class
    DazF90 wrote: »
    Morning all! This has been my fav formation for the past few fifas, however I strayed away after the patch and mainly used 4411/433(2) looking to come back now as I miss the added security of the cdms against all these counters! Lol what do

They look awesome! Only thing I would change is the highest Icardi at striker in the first one.
  • DazF90
    1372 posts Professional

They look awesome! Only thing I would change is the highest Icardi at striker in the first one.

Thanks! Last squad is just a cheap one thrown together for the next weekend league lol
    I did try Icardi but Immobile works better for me
  • DazF90
    1372 posts Professional
    @krakos000

Yeah no problem man! I'm sure it isn't everyones cup of tea but at least you tried it for yourself! I love that the fullbacks get involved more and you don't have to worry about getting countered since the 2 cdms(if they're chosen right) stay back for the most part or don't venture too far forward.

It's hit or miss for me sometimes too tbh. I have to be in a certain "zone" to be able to read the formation during the game and make plays haha whereas other formations like 41212 2 and 4321 are easy to just pick up and play whenever. I feel like it takes more tactical awareness than those do.

That's cool the CT work too! The only.thing I've changed up as of right now is I moved the pressure up to 50 to try out pressing a little higher and getting the ball back a little quicker.

How is the 50 pressure working for u bro? I tried it last night cant find the balance tbh, relegated from div 3 to 5 whilst tinkering!
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class
    @krakos000

How is the 50 pressure working for u bro? I tried it last night cant find the balance tbh, relegated from div 3 to 5 whilst tinkering!

Same here it's working kind of but not really haha I think I'm gonna go back to 45.
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    This seems to be the formation for me, it's not necessarely the most effective but it surely is the most fun and creative to play.

I'm currently playing Luis Hernándes as a striker and I'm thinking about switching him to Patrick Kluivert. Kluivert was one of my favourite players when I was a kid and his stats look solid. How do you think he'd play in this formation? I like my striker to be able to hold up play and also make runs in behind. Hernándes makes good runs but for some reason I have trouble finishing with him. He does make life hard for defenders though.

Kluivert has H/L workrates but so did Rashford when I tried him and he was constantly standing in midfield like an idiot when I needed him to help with build-up play or get in behind :P
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gonna give this a whirl this weekend. Haven't tried Henrik yet or the boosted Mane but looks like it'll be fun

0Vc7DCY.jpg
  • verdolaga
    1881 posts Play-Off Hero
    thoughts on having 2 h/h cdm's? 87 Nain and sbc Vidal.....
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class

You should be good with those two. I'm thinking about using Nain and Marchisio in my fitness team.
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero

I feel as long as you have two high defensive with the same work rate it's always a plus. Can never go wrong with those too
  • benhoward12
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Current Squad after changes in game. Best I've used all year

ae2fc58bc4273c4fddb3b69f54949b8a.pmg
  • Napoli9
    1964 posts Fans' Favourite
    teams been using this a lot lately, Its usually a sweat
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class

Damn looks pretty awesome!
    Napoli9 wrote: »
    teams been using this a lot lately, Its usually a sweat

Lol well that's probably down to your opponents, it's hardly a 'sweaty' formation in general.
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero

Yedder is fantastic, he'll never leave my squad
  • benhoward12
    628 posts An Exciting Prospect

Yedder is fantastic, he'll never leave my squad

I love him, wasn't a massive fan when I used the IF at striker, since ive had him at CAM, been so so good
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class
    Anyone using this form still?? I know @❤️❤️❤️❤️_Benz does iirc. Since you're miles better than I am, I'm sure you can offer more here :D

I updated the OP with the teams I have right now. Hopefully they play well in the WL.
  • BenzP7
    8316 posts League Winner
    Anyone using this form still?? I know @❤️❤️❤️❤️_Benz does iirc. Since you're miles better than I am, I'm sure you can offer more here :D

I updated the OP with the teams I have right now. Hopefully they play well in the WL.

I've been using this CT (was provided from @Adamski )

Works like a charm!

9a533b188465003b4edd42473015d0da.png

Key for this formation is to use the Wide CAMs or LM/RM to stretch the opponent out wide because it creates gaps and you can be very creative from out wide.
  • krakos000
    17992 posts World Class
    @❤️❤️❤️❤️_Benz you don't like higher aggression? I feel like since I use >50 pressure, having 60 aggression helps. I'll give those a try though. What does the 20 crossing do? Like how do you notice it in game?