Someone plays on more than 60 fps?

LoboNobo
6385 posts Big Money Move
If so, how did you manage to do that (apart from having a better monitor)?

Comments

• Wiel Coerver
    699 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2017
    depends if your green or red how to do it , amd or nvidia, ask @Viggo 007 he knows all about it. But online the benifits are less because of your opponent framerate (fps )
  • PDJEY
    1015 posts Professional
    Your specs?
  • LoboNobo
    PDJEY wrote: »
    Your specs?

Not very good tbh, but I can run other games (arguably more demanding) on stable 120-150 fps without any stuttering. In FIFA whenever I go over 60 fps I suffer from microstutter.

i5-4570 @ 3,20GHz
    GTX 770
    8GB RAM
    60Hz Monitor
    depends if your green or red how to do it , amd or nvidia, ask @Viggo 007 he knows all about it. But online the benifits are less because of your opponent framerate (fps )

Tell me how did you do it if you don't mind? You can write down a short version, and if I have any questions I'll ask you.
  • PDJEY
    1015 posts Professional
    edited February 2017
    What I did was to turn on the "no fps limit" option on the fifasetup, and then, on the Nvidia control panel, just choose adaptive vsync for the fifa profile.
  • LoboNobo
    What I did was to turn on the "no fps limit" option on the fifasetup, and then, on the Nvidia control panel, just choose adaptive vsync for the fifa profile.

And what ar the results, how many FPS do you have?
    Also, do you have 60Hz monitor?
  • vLaDz
    3184 posts National Call-Up
    @murazor does
  • murazor
    7860 posts League Winner
    wtf whats that avatar ? :joy:
  • PDJEY
    1015 posts Professional
    edited February 2017
    LoboNobo wrote: »

Yap, last time i checked it was like 120ish.
  • MorroWtje
    4497 posts National Call-Up

what's that avatar @PDJEY
  • PDJEY
    1015 posts Professional
    Some random bs
  • MorroWtje
    Some random bs

hint hint, there's an avvy going round
  • LoboNobo

I did that, and unfortunately it remains on 60 fps. Do you think my specs are too low?

Whenever I raise my fps, the game stutters. The only thing I managed to do was to turn off vsync and lock it to 60 fps, do you think this may reduce input delay a little bit (if there actually is one not caused by the internet connection)? It would be a slight success, but I still want to play FIFA on more fps just like I can play other games.
  • MorroWtje

I did that, and unfortunately it remains on 60 fps. Do you think my specs are too low?

Whenever I raise my fps, the game stutters. The only thing I managed to do was to turn off vsync and lock it to 60 fps, do you think this may reduce input delay a little bit (if there actually is one not caused by the internet connection)? It would be a slight success, but I still want to play FIFA on more fps just like I can play other games.

probs is your specs. a 770 isn't exactly amazing
  • LoboNobo
    MorroWtje wrote: »

probs is your specs. a 770 isn't exactly amazing

I know, but I can play Overwatch on high details with 150 fps. Or is Overwatch less demanding? For the reference, I could check how many fps I can get in Watch Dogs 2 if you want.
  • hotdogcreator22
    114 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2017
    I'm playing with 144 lock due to having a 144hz monitor, runs perfect no drops, stuttering or screen tearing

GTX 780
    16GB RAM
    i5 4670k stock

You're right about the microstuttering aswell as the half FPS on cutscenes and freekicks, I had those issues until I eventually made my own settings. These might not work for you, but try it out!

NVIDIA SETTINGS:
    Preferred refresh rate: Highest available
    V-SYNC: Adaptive

Rest is default, but I had insane screen tearing and microstuttering before I applied these settings and it was **** me off, haven't had a single issue with these settings and I've used em for the last 3 years.

GAME SETTINGS:
    Res: 1920x1080 Full screen(I had lag in full screen last year, but changing it to windowed made it run perfectly)
    Quality: Ultra
    MSAA: 4x
    No FPS lock.
  • yetyhunter
    179 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Works amazingly well on a 144hz G-sync monitor with GTX 1070 :D
  • LoboNobo
    Yeah, I'm looking for someone who has 60 Hz monitor but plays on more than 60 fps
  • hhoverflow
    81 posts Park Captain
    You have to put vsync (vertical sync) off on the nvidia/amd control panel settings...

Otherwise, you will have always 60FPS. Vsync locks the framerate with your display frequency when is on...

With that PC, you can for sure get 60+ FPS. Your config/settings are wrong, that's the only problem.
  • maksi
    6594 posts Big Money Move
    edited February 2017
    Playing above 60 fps on 60hz monitor means:

- tearing
    - you can't see frames above 60

+ no input lag caused by vsync
  • PDJEY
    1015 posts Professional
    But Lobo, if you have a 60 hz monitor what's the point of having more fps if you cant see it?
  • LoboNobo
    But Lobo, if you have a 60 hz monitor what's the point of having more fps if you cant see it?

1. To reduce input lag
    2. It feels smoother anyway, and the difference in animation quality is visible (in FIFA and in other games as well). I'm not an expert in this field, but I did some reading and it's worth having more fps than your monitor Hz (as long as there is no screen tearing ofc)
  • maksi
    edited February 2017
    It's worth only to reduce input lag, you still have to deal with frame skipping and tearing. To improve that and still have reduced input lag is to limit your framerate through drivers with AMD gpus, you need programs like Nvidia Inspector or Rivatuner with Nvidia gpus. I limited to 60 and tearing is still there but not very noticable.
  • LoboNobo
    maksi wrote: »
    It's worth only to reduce input lag, you still have to deal with frame skipping and tearing. To improve that and still have reduced input lag is to limit your framerate through drivers with AMD gpus, you need programs like Nvidia Inspector or Rivatuner with Nvidia gpus. I limited to 60 and tearing is still there but not very noticable.

That's what I did, turned vsync off and limited fps to 60 in Nvidia Inspector. I'm just wondering, because I can play other games with vsync off, 120 fps, super smooth, no tearing etc. With FIFA, as soon as I go 61 fps the screen tearing is visible and annoying.
    One of the things I've read is that even if you have 60 Hz monitor, the more fps you get, the smaller input lag will be. That's why it's worth trying to get more.
  • maksi
    edited February 2017
    Funny thing is i don't have tearing in the arena but the gameplay is another matter.
    One of the things I've read is that even if you have 60 Hz monitor, the more fps you get, the smaller input lag will be. That's why it's worth trying to get more.
    not true, on 120/144hz monitor you can see more frames so you can react sooner but on 60 there is no advantage because you can't see all the frames (it's even annoying because animations aren't smooth)