EAs plan to kill trading (rumour)

Comments

• Dr.Strange
    1479 posts Play-Off Hero
    Hey if people want to quit and give me that easy win bless them.

Like the idea. If you wanna trade play first.
  • andreens
    663 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 2017
    PLANTFC wrote: »
    What a ridiculous idea.

Not everyone who trades is a "hoarder" or even have the capacity (or attention) to trade to 20 million coins. I also don't have the time to play enough games to get to that level.

This is the first year that I've actually been able to trade up to around a million coins, it's been by far the most interesting part of the game for me considering I've only been able to play around 150 games.

But then I don't spend £££'s on packs so it's not really me that EA want to cater for

See the problem mate
    Why a people who play 150 games has millions coins, and a guy who has 1000 games, and dont trade lacks in coins?

This is the point here.

EA wants to reward who actually play the game.

Cheers

All what they care is to milk money.If they want to reward those who actually play the game than they should start thinking about gameplay and their broken servers and not about how to make trading imposible.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2017
    heavymcd wrote: »
    Robes wrote: »
    What a ridiculous idea.

Not everyone who trades is a "hoarder" or even have the capacity (or attention) to trade to 20 million coins. I also don't have the time to play enough games to get to that level.

This is the first year that I've actually been able to trade up to around a million coins, it's been by far the most interesting part of the game for me considering I've only been able to play around 150 games.

But then I don't spend £££'s on packs so it's not really me that EA want to cater for

See the problem mate
    Why a people who play 150 games has millions coins, and a guy who has 1000 games, and dont trade lacks in coins?

This is the point here.

Cheers

Trading IS playing the game.

Not really.

It absolutely is. FUT is basically a card collecting mode, and trading is integral to that.

This is your opinion.
    For me FUT is actually play the game, win games, reach a good classification on WL...

But if you like to stay 24/7 in a screen searching for players, buying and selling, and thinks that this is play, ok then

Well that's the point isn't it? It is your opinion of what the game is but we're not the ones saying "Stop playing matches and trade" but you are saying the opposite.
  • Dazza3113
    3224 posts National Call-Up
    GENM wrote: »
    I actually like the sound of this.

Great idea imo, I hope they implement it
  • ChrisLFC
    7352 posts League Winner
    edited February 2017
    No source. Sounds like bs to me.
  • ChemaPunisher
    192 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    im trader and im not a billionaire
    so i dont invest in packs
    0 $

but i can make coins and have pretty team only due to trading and WL rewards
    it will kill the game and a lot of players who dont give salaries to ea will stop playing
  • Samoook
    64 posts Park Captain
    Dazza3113 wrote: »

Great idea imo, I hope they implement it

Me too! Very nice. B)
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

I don't think "sounds like bs" goes far enough. it's just complete and utter bs. :smile:
    But it's stimulated discussion so it's all good.
  • PLANTFC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    What a ridiculous idea.

See the problem mate

This is the point here.

Cheers

Not sure why that would make a difference.

It's a different way of playing the game, but it's still playing the game regardless. Why should a player who has other commitments and can't play 1000 games have to play with a c*ap team? There's effort going in to it either way.

Besides, if there's 1000 games played then odds are there'll be a s*it load of packs pull via WL which will result in more coins anyway.

I understand, but see, some people dont reach a good classification on Weekend League because they have crap teams. They play well, play a lot, but just dont get good positions on WL because of some people that is trading 24/7 and had teams with Ronaldos and Messis.
    This is the problem in my opinion.

I am saying this because of my own experiences. I dont trade because of time. I go to college at night, work all day, dont have time to trade, only to play 2 or 3 matches a day. And always i have to face this kind of teams.

For me its unfair to people that play well, play a lot and dont trade to have crap teams. This is just what i think

Trading is easy and requires little time. I can make more trading while on the can for ten minutes than you make in a night of playing. I get it, you're busy. But you do poop, right?

The companion app is your friend.

Little time for you who do that all day long, you have the player prizes all recorded in your head. I dont.
    For me to buy a player i have to search on the market the lowest bin, and you know the rest.
    For me takes time.
    Im doing some trading with contracts, to help a little, its more easy and fast for me because i dont need to analyze this things you know.

I am agreeing with this idea because sometimes i lost for a top team and the guy dont play jack. Its unfair.

Dont be sad about end of trading, they could make more rewarding playing games, more coins, more pack weight, idk, i dont think they will just shut trading down and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ the rest
  • OZero
    7159 posts Big Money Move
    The reason is simple. You cant earn enough coins from trading and thus you are forced to buy FP and draw packs thus resulted more revenue.
  • Bluemoon2393
    355 posts Sunday League Hero
    Bad idea.

Because not everyone wants to play with rubbish for players for at least 10 games.

I think this is a bad move and make Ultimate Team pointless to play.
  • Robes
    1735 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2017
    What a ridiculous idea.

See the problem mate

This is the point here.

Cheers

It's a different way of playing the game, but it's still playing the game regardless. Why should a player who has other commitments and can't play 1000 games have to play with a c*ap team? There's effort going in to it either way.

Besides, if there's 1000 games played then odds are there'll be a s*it load of packs pull via WL which will result in more coins anyway.

I understand, but see, some people dont reach a good classification on Weekend League because they have crap teams. They play well, play a lot, but just dont get good positions on WL because of some people that is trading 24/7 and had teams with Ronaldos and Messis.

I am saying this because of my own experiences. I dont trade because of time. I go to college at night, work all day, dont have time to trade, only to play 2 or 3 matches a day. And always i have to face this kind of teams.

For me its unfair to people that play well, play a lot and dont trade to have crap teams. This is just what i think

Trading is easy and requires little time. I can make more trading while on the can for ten minutes than you make in a night of playing. I get it, you're busy. But you do poop, right?

Little time for you who do that all day long, you have the player prizes all recorded in your head. I dont.
    For me to buy a player i have to search on the market the lowest bin, and you know the rest.
    For me takes time.
    Im doing some trading with contracts, to help a little, its more easy and fast for me because i dont need to analyze this things you know.

I am agreeing with this idea because sometimes i lost for a top team and the guy dont play jack. Its unfair.

Dont be sad about end of trading, they could make more rewarding playing games, more coins, more pack weight, idk, i dont think they will just shut trading down and **** the rest

All I ever do is fitness card trades and I was up to 1.5 million by the end of October (got bored and pretty much stopped there). Took me 20 minutes to buy the cards and list them each time I needed to restock and then a few seconds every hour to relist... it's not hard mate.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    SaifR wrote: »
    Would be awful cos 90% of games you play would be people quitting in the first minute to get their loyalty.

This, maybe not 90% but it'd still be enough to be a real problem.

I suggest to anyone who doesn't think so, that they should play a few online single matches next time they are online, if you don't avoid the lower than 100 chem teams you'll get enough doing the loyalty glitch to annoy you I promise. I've even had people do it in seasons.

• heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    edited February 2017
    What a ridiculous idea.

See the problem mate

This is the point here.

Cheers

For me takes time.

Dont be sad about end of trading, they could make more rewarding playing games, more coins, more pack weight, idk, i dont think they will just shut trading down and **** the rest

High volume trading doesn't require memorizing player prices. You buy at discard, sell at a little more. I guess you need to know what discard prices are.

Buy Dempsey at 650 on bid. Sell at 850 on BIN. Do that thirty times a day (takes a couple minutes tops). Make coins.

Once you have 100K, do the same with informs. Buy at 10K. Sell at 12K. Make coins. No risk. No research. At most it requires going to FUTbin once a week to see who's going for near-min from current TOTW. But after that you don't need to do any other research. You're just making coins off the fact that people will pay 10% more not to wait on a bid. You can make tens of thousands a week doing this.
  • PLANTFC
    775 posts Semi-Pro
    What a ridiculous idea.

See the problem mate

This is the point here.

Cheers

Not really.

It absolutely is. FUT is basically a card collecting mode, and trading is integral to that.

This is your opinion.
    For me FUT is actually play the game, win games, reach a good classification on WL...

But if you like to stay 24/7 in a screen searching for players, buying and selling, and thinks that this is play, ok then

Well that's the point isn't it? It is your opinion of what the game is but we're not the ones saying "Stop playing matches and trade" but you are saying the opposite.

Yes, because football in real life is based on buying125 Musas and selling for a bigger price.
    FIFA was make to play a football game, not trading, my opinion. Im not asking you to stop trading, you can do whatever you want, i just think its unfair with people who actually play the game mate. Its WAY less rewarding play the game than trading. They could just up the rewards for matches, this way we all would be happy.
  • ASH32
    1791 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dr.Strange wrote: »
    Hey if people want to quit and give me that easy win bless them.

Like the idea. If you wanna trade play first.

You won't get a win though since they'll just quit at 0-0 and you'll get games played and lose contracts for nothing.
  • Hibee
    12412 posts Has That Special Something
    I don't understand why anyone would hate on trading. It's the one way to beat EA and get a team without spending real money.
  • MPL4
    1806 posts Fans' Favourite
    I guess it's my age. Kids nowadays are spoilt, as I probably was back in the day. Overall, the game, as a computer game, is mind blowing really. It has its downsides, sure, but it really is only a game.
  • Tiriskin
    184 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    edited February 2017
    EA could be so creative about changes in trading and market like:
    - mini transfer windows
    - market for exchanging player
    - loan market (let's say you put your Ronaldo/Pogba for loan for 72h for 20k)
    - introducing young new generic players
    - increase/decrease in players stats based on this match form, you play good with some bronze/generic player 300 games and later you can resell rising star for good price on the market

etc.etc.etc. many ideas from football manager games/career mode, would add a lot of variety in game, you would not meet only 40 players each game.

Something like really managing your Ultimate club, not packing or buying 2000 players and 500 Musa for trading.

... but I'm afraid they will not, becuase they will be afraid about FP sales.

Trading is so much easier way to get coins vs playing games...
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2017
    So they're basically forcing us to keep every player we get out of packs, and in order to sell any of them we have to play 10 games with each of them?

No ❤️❤️❤️❤️ way. I won't be buying the next FIFA if it happens. So stupid.

Also, what happens if you pack an expensive player that's a duplicate?
  • Sodan70
    1110 posts Professional
    What a ridiculous idea.

See the problem mate

This is the point here.

Cheers

Not really.

This is your opinion.

Yes, because football in real life is based on buying125 Musas and selling for a bigger price.
    FIFA was make to play a football game, not trading, my opinion. Im not asking you to stop trading, you can do whatever you want, i just think its unfair with people who actually play the game mate. Its WAY less rewarding play the game than trading. They could just up the rewards for matches, this way we all would be happy.

Plenty of other modes in FIFA where you don't have a market.. Why not just play them.
    FUT without a market isn't FUT. It's just FIFA.
  • heavymcd
    10068 posts Has That Special Something
    So they're basically forcing us to keep every player we get out of packs, and in order to sell any of them we have to play 10 games with each of them?

No **** way. I won't be buying the next FIFA if it happens. So stupid.

Players have loyalty straight out of packs.
  • maTTeOs_mAZzA
    3259 posts National Call-Up

No **** way. I won't be buying the next FIFA if it happens. So stupid.

Players have loyalty straight out of packs.

Oh.

So it's only with players you buy off the market. I guess that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
  • mMounirm
    3771 posts National Call-Up
    lol I have 135 games played total. how am I supposed to have a good amount of coins without playing the game every day for hours.

this would be stupid. trading is a big part of the game.
  • SergiuLive
    3170 posts National Call-Up
    mMounirm wrote: »
    lol I have 135 games played total. how am I supposed to have a good amount of coins without playing the game every day for hours.

Why do you need players if you don't play with them?

• edwinstree
    8387 posts League Winner
    SergiuLive wrote: »

• mMounirm
    3771 posts National Call-Up
    SergiuLive wrote: »

cause I'm addicted to having good players
  • Robes wrote: »
    ChrisLFC wrote: »

I don't think "sounds like bs" goes far enough. it's just complete and utter bs. :smile:
    But it's stimulated discussion so it's all good.

Absolutely kills the game for a lot of people, EA can be stupid but not this stupid.
  • Rutta
    6458 posts Big Money Move
    People who say people trade 24 hours and have no life are wrong.

You can set aside and hour when WL rewards drop and also just bid on players play a match rinse and repeat.

Not much effort required
  • Steelcitysniper
    1589 posts Play-Off Hero

This discussion has been closed.