4231 (2) FORMATION GUIDE

Comments

• Dragon007
    471 posts An Exciting Prospect
    This formation is very comfortable in defense but I can't seem to be able score with it.

The striker gets crowded by defense quickly and wingers are too far back. What am I doing wrong?
  • Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dragon007 wrote: »
    This formation is very comfortable in defense but I can't seem to be able score with it.

The striker gets crowded by defense quickly and wingers are too far back. What am I doing wrong?

What instructions do you have on the wingers and cdm's?
  • timothy44
    97 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    who is everyone's favorite
    LM/RM - EPL
    LM/RM - Bundy

Thanks
  • Jmaineo
    816 posts An Exciting Prospect
    DazF90 wrote: »
    Jmaineo wrote: »
    Any new update with Cts and Instructions ?

The tactics you were using before were pretty solid mate! Just tweak them to see what works best for you :) think I've got it down now :)

Which of them bro ? :smile:

• DazF90
    1372 posts Professional
    DazF90 wrote: »
    Any new update with Cts and Instructions ?

The tactics you were using before were pretty solid mate! Just tweak them to see what works best for you :) think I've got it down now :)

Which of them bro ? :smile:

These ones mate, haven't tried them in a while though been playing 4411 the past week.

» show previous quotes

Currently using this Cts and instructions:-

Am currently using this Cts : -
    Organized
    FF
    Cover

Instructions

Striker ===> False 9
    More defensive CDM ===> Cut passing lane since they will sit further back.
    More attacking CDM ===> Man mark cos while higher up, they will harry the opposing players

Rest default.

Then start on defensive
  • Capablanca
    2281 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    Finished Elite 2 with this, the midfield and defence were shaky so looking to upgrade with the rewards.

db514aa2e360a00447fd9144baa78330.png

aaa6c21c492f4549b478f922a1c1185e.jpg

After playing many matches and seeing how important is to keep the ball with you CDMs I think they fit the criteria. Agree with almost everything that's been said in the guide. My playstyle was for the most part to link CAM with ST via Y or quick 1-2s between them and then if I don't have options anymore I will pass it around between front 4 and 2 CDMs until I can restart that 1-2 link between CAM-ST. I only picked my wingers when they were upfront and alone but they were very useful to keep control, press high and hold possession so I think passing and good agility is vital for that wide midfielder role.

Thinking to upgrade to this
    e29c53e4a71d5cc432f0b3882a3342d1.jpg

• Ecr8on
    1551 posts Play-Off Hero
    Capablanca wrote: »
    Finished Elite 2 with this, the midfield and defence were shaky so looking to upgrade with the rewards.

After playing many matches and seeing how important is to keep the ball with you CDMs I think they fit the criteria. Agree with almost everything that's been said in the guide. My playstyle was for the most part to link CAM with ST via Y or quick 1-2s between them and then if I don't have options anymore I will pass it around between front 4 and 2 CDMs until I can restart that 1-2 link between CAM-ST. I only picked my wingers when they were upfront and alone but they were very useful to keep control, press high and hold possession so I think passing and good agility is vital for that wide midfielder role.

Looks like a pretty solid squad, nice work! Can I ask what tactics your using, also thoughts on pogba at lcdm?
  • Capablanca
    Ecr8on wrote: »

Looks like a pretty solid squad, nice work! Can I ask what tactics your using, also thoughts on pogba at lcdm?

He's good with Shadow, I don't have coins so I will settle for Dembele
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    fell out of love with this formation but since resorting back to this after the patch it is so good for me
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    edited February 2017
    Great post and think going to give this a try along with the 4222 and see how I do.

I'll use the below and see how I do. Barzagli is L/H and De Rossi is M/H so should always have cover back there.

Neuer
    IF Hector, Boateng, Mov barzagli, TOTY Alves
    SBC Vidal - SBC De Rossi
    Reus - Salah
    SBC Muller
    Auba
  • Capablanca
    DSmith wrote: »
    Great post and think going to give this a try along with the 4222 and see how I do.

I'll use the below and see how I do. Barzagli is L/H and De Rossi is M/H so should always have cover back there.

Neuer
    SBC Vidal - SBC De Rossi
    Reus - Salah
    SBC Muller
    Auba

That's actually a really sick team from goalkeeper to midfield line, not a fan of Aubameyang/Reus/Muller
  • DSmith
    817 posts Semi-Pro
    DSmith wrote: »

Neuer
    SBC Vidal - SBC De Rossi
    Reus - Salah
    SBC Muller
    Auba

That's actually a really sick team from goalkeeper to midfield line, not a fan of Aubameyang/Reus/Muller

Auba and Reus have been great for me but I'm struggling with Muller. Not sure if it's his H/H or not but he'll have one game where he is always in the right place then others where I'm on the attack and he's back in deep midfield area. I always sub him at half time anyway for SBC Jonas who is incredible but I'm just hoping they do the bundesliga SBC as have all players in anticipation for that Lewa. He'll be my CAM.

If only those SBC cards had the legends chem system eh. Jonas and Giovinco would be in from the start.
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    After the patch I simply couldn't get F9, 4411 and 4231 narrow formations work anymore. Went from div 3 to div 5 and couldn't get up. After a break I started using this formation and I've done well since. Both offence and defence feel fluid. My CT:s if anyone is interested are:

Build up:
    org

Chance creation:
    free form

Defence:
    cover

I also put both fullbacks on stay back and conservative interceptions. With low defence line they keep their position and man mark well, I haven't had much trouble with lobbed through passes + pacey forwards + narrow formations. Of course, I'd love to have overlapping fullbacks when attacking sometimes, even if I get space to bring them forward myself then wide midfielders stay back to cover :/

I don't think I'm playing defensive at all though, I build up attacks patiently and pass alot and try to score goals with balanced mentality even if I'm goal up. I love how you can make this formation play very differently depending what kind of striker or CAM you're using. Legend Hernandez is great for running in gaps and SIF Arnautovic plays more like false 9 and helps build up chances for CDMs and CAM.

Passing my way into box, LT:RT dribble, crossing, through balls, long shots, you can do it all with this formation :) It's fun and creative to play, even when losing. Thanks for this guide OP!
  • strings79
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    Tuomo wrote: »
    After the patch I simply couldn't get F9, 4411 and 4231 narrow formations work anymore. Went from div 3 to div 5 and couldn't get up. After a break I started using this formation and I've done well since. Both offence and defence feel fluid. My CT:s if anyone is interested are:

Build up:
    org

Chance creation:
    free form

Defence:
    cover

I also put both fullbacks on stay back and conservative interceptions. With low defence line they keep their position and man mark well, I haven't had much trouble with lobbed through passes + pacey forwards + narrow formations. Of course, I'd love to have overlapping fullbacks when attacking sometimes, even if I get space to bring them forward myself then wide midfielders stay back to cover :/

I don't think I'm playing defensive at all though, I build up attacks patiently and pass alot and try to score goals with balanced mentality even if I'm goal up. I love how you can make this formation play very differently depending what kind of striker or CAM you're using. Legend Hernandez is great for running in gaps and SIF Arnautovic plays more like false 9 and helps build up chances for CDMs and CAM.

Passing my way into box, LT:RT dribble, crossing, through balls, long shots, you can do it all with this formation :) It's fun and creative to play, even when losing. Thanks for this guide OP!

Any instructions for the cdms ?

• Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    strings79 wrote: »

Any instructions for the cdms ?

I think I have my RCDM on stay back as well and possibly conservative interceptions. I usually play DDR, Kante or Xhaka on that spot and they do get forward sometimes but it doesn't matter, other cdm will stay back. They also intercept alot of those long driven passes people like to spam to their forwards.

I also have wide midfielders on cut inside but rest I keep default.

I think player switching is the biggest problem for me when playing high pressure. If opponent gets the ball and quickly starts a counter attack, player switching will screw me over more often than not. With lower defensive line I have more time to pick a player I want to defend with and I like to manually control defenders.
  • strings79
    2252 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    image.pngThis work ?
  • jplumber
    2078 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited February 2017
    What do you make of this team? Any suggestions? Sanchez is not doing as well as I'd hope - should i try him als a false 9? Currently he's on get in behind... what player tactics would you use? Matic on stay behind and cut passing lanes and kante on man mark and balanced attack? Still not sure about my rm...but sissoko is a beast for sure - dont like running up the flanks anyway. Many thanks for your help!
  • jplumber
    edited February 2017
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    jplumber wrote: »
    What do you make of this team? Any suggestions? Sanchez is not doing as well as I'd hope - should i try him als a false 9? Currently he's on get in behind... what player tactics would you use? Matic on stay behind and cut passing lanes and kante on man mark and balanced attack? Still not sure about my rm...but sissoko is a beast for sure - dont like running up the flanks anyway. Many thanks for your help!

Team looks good I think. If you have trouble going forward then change either Matic or Kante to more offensive player. Kante does get forward and even scores goals for me for some strange reason but I usually shoot with him only when it's a clear chance.

I'd suggest start by using default player instructions for all your players. Play a bunch of games and see how they're performing. Everyone has their own style of playing so get in behind might only make things hard for you if your striker is never available to hold up play for example. False9/targetman might limit their runs and you end up passing sideways and backwards too much. Balanced works best for me, I just switch players if I want to try a different tactic.
  • jplumber
    Thanks, mate! I'm more the patient passing type using turns and shield the ball; i usually supersub naingolan for matic around the 70th, which works really well. Still not sure about sissoko - any suggestions?
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    jplumber wrote: »
    Thanks, mate! I'm more the patient passing type using turns and shield the ball; i usually supersub naingolan for matic around the 70th, which works really well. Still not sure about sissoko - any suggestions?

Yeah I play a patient passing game too and shield the ball. IF Srna is great when subbed to cdm spot late in the game. I haven't even tried many wide midfielders but I think good passing stats, some pace and dribbling are important as I don't expect them to score often. I'm using Shaqiri and he's solid, he has 4 star weak foot so his crosses are surprisingly accurate with his right foot. And he is capable of cutting in and scoring.

Sissoko looks like he would be better playing as central midfielder. Strenght and stamina look to be his only weapons but I haven't tried him so who knows?
  • jplumber
    Yeah, he's a bit slow but so powerful. Since i dont overuse pace he's worked well but his shoiting is horrible ;-) might give shaqiri a go but wish he gad more strength...
  • jplumber
    Maybe if valencia would be a good sissoko repkacement - what do you think?
  • Tuomo
    74 posts Park Captain
    If Valencia is worth a shot. Doesn't he have a one star weak foot though? I've noticed players with two star weak foot tend to misplace passes more often so it's harded to keep quick passing play flowing.

Shaqiri's balance makes up for his lack of strenght imo. For me he is usually able to fight off fullbacks at least.
  • jplumber
    Will give them both a go and let you know what I think!
  • sturges12345
    4507 posts National Call-Up
    My LB and RB push up way too much
  • Hey, i create this, for nex WL. Any changes? And who lm and cdm to finish this squad? I think about Neymar and Sif Iborra

e5tbpz0xe7n7.jpg