So what does Sony do if you report a racist hate speech towards you ?

CuteIsWhatIAim4
8594 posts League Winner
Just wondering. Never got abuse, but right now I got a hate message for the first time ever (I usually have it set to friends only).
The sick thing about this is, that it's someone from here (I won't name & shame) who saw my PSN in a video and he knows about my jewish heritage, so he send me some disgusting message about "What's the difference between a boy scout and a jew ? A boy scout comes home from the camp". Obviously I won't let this sink in and reported him. Is Sony actually taking any actions against something disgraceful like this ?

What's the worst message you ever got ?

Comments

• thegabrielNYC
    727 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sorry for the abuse. Seems this game has its dbags just like any other game. Report and don't waste any more time on it.
    Assuming you beat them?
  • Sandell85
    7702 posts League Winner
    Yeah report and they will take actions
  • ilmaNL
    53 posts Park Captain
    Yes you do the right thing. sony will warn or bann that person. damn what a bad joke
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Sorry for the abuse. Seems this game has its dbags just like any other game. Report and don't waste any more time on it.
    Assuming you beat them?

No, I didn't even play against him, it's just a member from here who saw my PSN on a video I posted about the latency bars today. Just reported him, surely they won't tolerate such nasty stuff.
  • pavan791
    704 posts An Exciting Prospect
    edited February 2017
    Assuming you beat them?

No, I didn't even play against him, it's just a member from here who saw my PSN on a video I posted about the latency bars today. Just reported him, surely they won't tolerate such nasty stuff.

Last i heard, someone got a console ban for repeated offences. I'm sure it's probably not the first time, so there is a chance he could get banned.
  • InigoMontoya
    455 posts Sunday League Hero
    Just wondering. Never got abuse, but right now I got a hate message for the first time ever (I usually have it set to friends only).
    The sick thing about this is, that it's someone from here (I won't name & shame) who saw my PSN in a video and he knows about my jewish heritage, so he send me some disgusting message about "What's the difference between a boy scout and a jew ? A boy scout comes home from the camp". Obviously I won't let this sink in and reported him. Is Sony actually taking any actions against something disgraceful like this ?

What's the worst message you ever got ?

Very sorry to hear that, hoping that this person is banned / reprimanded, there is no place in the world for random hate such as this. It is a game, and the forum is meant to share ideas amongst people with similar passions and enjoyment in this game. Shameful to cross that line
  • Coedi
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Don't you like a little of dark jokes?

Like this why jews have big noses?

Because air is free

:D

Relax dude
  • Tim1982
    1169 posts Professional
    Coedi wrote: »

Because air is free

Relax dude

Erm, not funny. Was it supposed to be?!
  • Coedi
    103 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    No i think not.

But advice to author is not to take it too seriously because sony won't do a thing

• Tim1982
    1169 posts Professional
    No i think not.

But advice to author is not to take it too seriously because sony won't do a thing

He has every right to take it very seriously. We shouldn't have to tolerate this kind of moronic behaviour from this idiot sending abusive videos.

If you don't mind me asking, how old are you Coedi?
  • fluffymnuffy
    12775 posts Has That Special Something

Because air is free

Relax dude

Ok Mr. 6 posts, you can leave before you start.
  • dregana08
    4150 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2017
    If it offends you, then report it.

I personally wouldn't because a strangers comment over the internet couldn't offend me enough, but I can understand others that would be offended.

Will Sony act? Who knows...
  • Thedudeabides
    2916 posts Fans' Favourite
    @Coedi dark jokes are fine but there's a time and place. Some random ❤️❤️❤️❤️ sending you a message on the PS4 isn't fine. It was sent with hate not in jest, there is a big difference
  • Chet
    854 posts Semi-Pro

Because air is free

Relax dude

Ok Mr. 6 posts, you can leave before you start.

• Cmarinho182
    587 posts Sunday League Hero
    I got a really nasty msg a month back. Reported him too. But really don't know if sony did something.
  • Liam
    629 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Depends if it's automated or if someone goes through every reported message. If it's automated, chances are nothing will happen if you are the only person that's reported them (assuming they don't send those messages to other people). Obviously, you'd like to think if it's reviewed by a person it would be pretty obvious that they should do something. If I had to guess, I'd guess it was automated though and possibly based on the volume of reports against you? Just a guess though.
  • Crowie
    1678 posts Play-Off Hero
    edited February 2017
    Report whether you personally feel offended or not. The sooner people realise that these sort of views aren't acceptable and there is consequences if they spout that pish the better.
  • Huxx
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    That's got to be worth an immediate ban. If they message you some crap about reminding that player of their responsibilities, kick up a massive fuss.
  • Shadow_185
    7051 posts Big Money Move
    Calm down man, it's not worth it
  • fluffymnuffy
    12775 posts Has That Special Something
    Shadow_185 wrote: »
    Calm down man, it's not worth it

Are you kidding?
  • Ishibum
    15305 posts World Class
    People have the right to play without having to experience hate messages.

Sadly, I think Sony are sorely lacking here.
  • Loyal-to-LFC
    1206 posts Professional
    Ishibum wrote: »
    People have the right to play without having to experience hate messages.

Sadly, I think Sony are sorely lacking here.

Hard to know. If i can get banned for 1 week for saying diddies in a psn message then stuff like this guy got surely deserves far worse?
  • CaliforniaTitan
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    Report it and erase it from your memory, coming on the message board you expect him to be on and making a thread about it is pretty much the worse thing you can do.
  • DenyingTea07
    667 posts An Exciting Prospect
    I get some hate messages from time to time. Just know that most of the messages are being sent by kids so just report and move on. I know for a fact that they get banned for a week from ps for doing it (if they keeps on doing that they'll get perm ban) so juat move on there's a lot of a holes on this planet
  • Djkhalid1921
    10589 posts Has That Special Something
    That's just terrible. Ik the feeling :|
  • ICE_UP_SON
    1635 posts Play-Off Hero
    People love to hate. Don't sweat it although I know its annoying. You probably have a lot more going for you in your life than someone who takes the time to try and ❤️❤️❤️❤️ someone off online.
  • Huxx
    3218 posts National Call-Up
    edited February 2017
    Also def report it to a mod on this forum
  • CeeQue
    15068 posts World Class
    I have never received any messages from anyone on PS4 other then GG. How does one get a console ban? Does that mean you cant use PS4?
  • ThomasF1_GR
    250 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited February 2017
    imgur.com/a/54bvV

This is what Sony sent me after reporting sb for hate speech.

This was the message he sent me, it had more :P
    https://imgur.com/a/SdSM2
  • Clancy
    8484 posts League Winner
    your best option is just turn off messaging from people who aren't your friends, or else just learn to ignore it

people say some terrible stuff when its anonymous, without face to face interaction the worst in people comes out. just like people are total monsters in traffic when they would never be that rude in line at a grocery store