3364 posts National Call-Up
    xPHpFsY.png
    nkcX4Vh.png
    FdIQ5Vt.png

Q89COF8.png
  • subpop
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Not in the best possible position but hey, sometimes you get unlucky and draw a match you should've won, and sometimes you have luck on your side and manage to get a draw from a match you should've lost.
    Time to start climbing that table now! :D

Yes. I guess it was fair after all.
    Pretty much the opposite of the other match, much better point when it's you doing the late equalising. Not a bad nor a great start, solid results to build on though.

It was relatively positive... especially knowing what was about to come :(
    Trying to get caught up. Like the looks of everything. Look forward to the rest of the season.

Thanks. I wish you enjoy as I do with yours!
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Oh well... What to say... It's true that I told you to climb the table, but it looks like you're holding it upside down apparently. :joy:

No, seriously... What happened to you lately? :(
  • JoshDFC
    2047 posts Fans' Favourite
    struggling at the wrong end of the table at the moment but it's still early days you can turn it around
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wow, really rough run of form lately. It's early days yet I guess is the positive spin on it but you need a turnaround sooner rather than later.
  • Wyojasond
    11626 posts Has That Special Something
    Oh man. What a brutal run of form. Team just doesn't have anything going for it right now. Hopefully the results pick up sooner rather than later
  • subpop
    Oh well... What to say... It's true that I told you to climb the table, but it looks like you're holding it upside down apparently. :joy:

Meh... I think I chose too attacking tactics and I guess this is not for a team of this level. The defense have been terrible. I think we are decent attacking, probably because we do with lots of players, but the spaces in the back are punishing the team.

I'll definitely go more conservative.
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    struggling at the wrong end of the table at the moment but it's still early days you can turn it around

There's time for it, but I think the results will have to change a lot to get direct promotion. We'll see...
    Wow, really rough run of form lately. It's early days yet I guess is the positive spin on it but you need a turnaround sooner rather than later.

Yes, it's a must, because you can see news and comments about my future... If I don't change the results, I may be fired soon... what a shame.
    Oh man. What a brutal run of form. Team just doesn't have anything going for it right now. Hopefully the results pick up sooner rather than later

Hopefully... things went wrong in defense and the injury of Zapater is a horror, because I don't have excess of quality mids.

• ale85bg
    subpop wrote: »

Meh... I think I chose too attacking tactics and I guess this is not for a team of this level. The defense have been terrible. I think we are decent attacking, probably because we do with lots of players, but the spaces in the back are punishing the team.
    Don't give up man... There's still plenty of time to turn the ship around. ;)

• subpop
    edited January 2017
    OCTOBER

0ueeknK.png
    9w7G6Tw.png

jUb2sUO.png
    av8Ln2t.png

WSOxBKI.png
    d9ehZcT.png

ktyWneL.png
    oFuoiE9.png

cOAaRcn.png
    sjo4Xjn.png

nhowNMe.png
    aVRN0Ge.png

1d09EbP.png
    3LwHxmm.png

5wutnZE.png

• JoshDFC
    nice run of games unbeaten still drawing a few but picking up some better results and closing the gap at the top in the process 10 points isn't alot this early in the season keep fighting
  • Wyojasond
    Much better run there. Few too many draws, but that seems to be happening a lot with this years gaem. Hopefully the new update addresses that. Lol. Team is showing its close though
  • ale85bg
    Much better run there, I agree. Many draws, but at least you've not lost any. This should surely be a starting point to improve... Keep it up!
  • Greenman019
    Much better. As others have said lots of draws but at least you're showing now that you can be hard to beat when you play well. Seemed to concede loads of goals in previous months so it's a nice change, few good clean sheets.

Hopefully you can kick on from here a bit now. Table position looking a lot healthier.
  • Virtual_K
    1704 posts Play-Off Hero
    Things looked to have improved for Baldo and crew. Quite a few draws, but they're points. Not far off from that sixth spot; something to shoot for. Love the match summary videos and score sheets, and the league table is very nice. This is my first comment on this story but not the first time I've looked at it. :)
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Graphics are sweet! Good to see results starting to pick up as well after a shaky start. :grin:
  • subpop
    nice run of games unbeaten still drawing a few but picking up some better results and closing the gap at the top in the process 10 points isn't alot this early in the season keep fighting

Yes. Definitely improving... which was easy anyway given the bad run.
    Much better run there. Few too many draws, but that seems to be happening a lot with this years gaem. Hopefully the new update addresses that. Lol. Team is showing its close though

Yes. Lots of draws. I don't know if it's a thing of the game or not. In some moments, I have the feeling that my strikers will never score... and also that I receive goals out of nowhere.

But I guess it's just a lame excuse, since other mates here win and I don't!
    Much better run there, I agree. Many draws, but at least you've not lost any. This should surely be a starting point to improve... Keep it up!

I had that feeling... but things didn't seem to improve much.

Much better. As others have said lots of draws but at least you're showing now that you can be hard to beat when you play well. Seemed to concede loads of goals in previous months so it's a nice change, few good clean sheets.

Hopefully you can kick on from here a bit now. Table position looking a lot healthier.

Yes, except the match vs Tenerife, noone really had an easy game against me. I change things though. I got more conservative... I think I had a too attacking system and the rivals killed me in counter attacks. Now I'm a bit more defensive.

Virtual_K wrote: »
    Things looked to have improved for Baldo and crew. Quite a few draws, but they're points. Not far off from that sixth spot; something to shoot for. Love the match summary videos and score sheets, and the league table is very nice. This is my first comment on this story but not the first time I've looked at it. :)

Thank you! I think the video summaries are helpful to follow the story. I'm glad you like it.

Dean wrote: »
    Graphics are sweet! Good to see results starting to pick up as well after a shaky start. :grin:

Thank you!
  • subpop
    Cep03kn.png

IoWlyZj.png

OAUZNcq.png

ENNfoUr.png

dKl5W60.png
  • subpop
    As you can see, I didn't improve much in November... I can't win two matches in a row and the 6th position seems further and further.

Still, I think that I could have got much more from the matches I didn't win... losing in the final minutes, unable to win against 10...

Perhaps I'm too positive, but I think I can revert this situation. Waiting for the Winter transfer window to open to see if I can get something out of it.
  • Greenman019
    Not doing too badly, just very inconsistent. At least you're in a more comfortable position in the table now, just need to get a bit of a run going to get where you wanna be.
  • ale85bg
    subpop wrote: »
    Cep03kn.png
    My FIFA derby! :joy:
    I used Zaragoza online in FIFA 11 and 12 (Zuculini + Postiga = :love: ) but I used Levante for each and every match of mine in FIFA World (reached Div. 2 before it got shut down, so proud of the guys! :joy: )...

Mixed results again there... Hold out for the transfer market, it's not far!

• Wyojasond
    Results aren't horrible, but you could certainly do with a nice winning streak soon to hopefully make a run at 6th.
  • JoshDFC
    Six points is nothing if you can find some consistency seem to be conceding to many goals at the moment
  • subpop
    Not doing too badly, just very inconsistent. At least you're in a more comfortable position in the table now, just need to get a bit of a run going to get where you wanna be.

Extremely inconsistent. I know it isn't far... but given my poor form after 3 months, I definitely need to change things
    Results aren't horrible, but you could certainly do with a nice winning streak soon to hopefully make a run at 6th.

The thing is that I have been playing better lately... but it's difficult to get results... every match is extremly tight.
    Six points is nothing if you can find some consistency seem to be conceding to many goals at the moment

That's the thing: ballance. I allow too many goals, but if I get more conservative, playing more players backwards, then I need to ellaborate too much in attack and it's not that I have wonder kids there. But I definitely feel I could easily have 5 or 7 more points.
  • subpop
    DECEMBER

lDG3gUR.png

Highlights

bkmpyaG.png

Highlights

dXWeOI8.png

Highlights

EU5KY8q.png

Highlights

41eEkhi.png

Highlights

VuOvHyW.png
  • subpop
    lJOADLv.png

La Liga 1|2|3 has reached Christmas break. Real Zaragoza have had a rising trajectory during these months and, despite the recent defeat against a direct rival like Rayo Vallecano, the Aragonese team are living their best moments of the season. We talked with Joan Baldó to know his opinion about the current situation.

Q: During several weeks, Zaragoza struggled to get the results, but now it looks like things are improving. Will Zaragoza continue with this trend in 2017?

JB: I don't know, but I hope so. Professional football have no patience, but every project usually need time to settle on solid grounds. We needed to know each other, the players needed to understand what I wanted from them and I needed to know them to get the best of each individual for the good of the team. We may have lost time in the process and direct promotion seem too far at this point, but I feel we are in the good direction.

Q: What do you expect from the 2nd round of the competition that is about to start?

JB: I am positive about the future. I like what I see. I think we had lots of problems during September, October... but in November, despite the results were not what we expected, the image was completely different and, in December, we were able to turn the good image into good results. There's a good atmosphere in the locker room and everyone pushes in the same direction. All these signals make me feel that the best is yet to come, but never forgetting that we have to do it day by day.

Q: At some point, you were targeted by fans and media. There were rumours about the club firing you. How were you able to keep control?

JB: As I said, this is how football is nowadays. I just focused in my work. I was aware about the results and the doubts around the team, but the only way to change these bad results is to work hard. We did, the team did. We were sure about our style. I am not paying attention to things aren't under my control.

Q: The transfer market open in a few days. What can we expect from Zaragoza?

JB: I'll meet Mr. Julià (sport director) and we'll make decisions. I don't want to give names of players who are under contract, but we want to focus in future, young players with potential. In some lines, the average age is high and we need to renew the team step by step. Obviously, the economic situation of the club isn't buoyant, so we'll focus in quality, but controlling our expenses.

Q: Any departure? The good season of Ratón or Erik Morán has attracted the attention of many clubs.

JB: It's not in our idea to sell talent, but money talks too. We'll talk to the players and, as long as both parts are happy, everything will be fine. I think Ratón and Erik Morán want to stay here with us. One thing is for sure, we are not going to sell players if we don't consider that the offer is good enough. I trust these players. We recently talked to players like Dongou, Pombo, Wilk... the core of the team will not suffer major changes.
  • JoshDFC
    be interesting to see who you will sign in the transfer market hopefully they can help you push for promotion
  • ale85bg
    You definitely are heading in the right direction now... Good month, two points shy of a playoff spot and some very interesting results there... Keep it up man, you can do it!