West Ham United - July 2018|The End Part One *Interlude

Comments

• ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    I agree: impressive depth in that analysis. Well done! :)
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Sisssoko in the team of the season. Just in case I needed to know it was a game :D
    LOL! I like to look at it as a What if, as in what if Sissoko lived up to his potential, or what if Big Sam stayed with West Ham, etc.

Thanks in regards to the stats, thought you guys would be bored with them by now. :* I thought some people might like to see a snapshot of how their favorite team did during the season. If it's not obvious by now, I'm kind of a detailed oriented person (**** retentive? I hope not! :p ).
    I alluded to it in a earlier post, but the stats are a tab on the spreadsheet I made to generate the league table. It was a personal project of mine before I started my CMS and still a work in progress. A few things need to be fixed before its ready for prime time but if you're interested in trying it out, ask me again in the not-so-distant future.

This is what the input page looks like:
    UIcC5Ue.png

• Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    May 2018 continued

Monday May 28th, 2018:

q40UyBY.png

It is just after 9am on Monday morning, and Big Sam has called me into his office to discuss my season objectives. He's got a busy day ahead of him and apologizes for having breakfast in front of me. He offers me some to which I reply: "I do not like them Coach Big Sam, I do not like green eggs and ham."

He laughs. Big Sam may have a reputation for being a hard ****, but the bloke does have a sense of humor. "I must say," he continues. "You managed to meet or exceed most of my objectives, and I couldn't be happier with your performance coming in the second half of this season. I know the pressure must have been great."

"Piece of cake," I say. Big Sam likes a confident lad.

Big Sam: "I only asked you to score five goals for league this season and you got fourteen. If I aimed a bit higher, we might have closed the gap on Everton. :) The one area you came up short, however, is assists. You only got two in league when I expected five, but we can let that slide as I know some of your teammates missed some good chances. Your pretty consistent on the pitch and score better than one in four chances. I would say that your future at this club looks bright."

My loan was initially for one year, but the Galaxy can recall me before that time. There doesn't seem a need right now as they currently lead the Western Conference and the Supporters Shield halfway through the season. Extension talks with the Galaxy have been postponed until after the World Cup. I would like to continue with West Ham for another season at least but don't think I will demand a transfer if renegotiation falls through. My agent tells me that a designated player option for the Galaxy could be on the table. I have been informed by the USSF that I am on a short list for the final World Cup roster and that I should remain ready for a call up. I should hear in the next day or two if I will be going to Russia. In the meantime, my meeting with Big Sam went well, and we spent most of the hour shooting the shi* and listening to old stories of his playing days. We have a big friendly scheduled for the end of July with Real Madrid that I would really love to play in. Despite being an American, I think I earned the respect of the great Sam Allardyce because at the end of the interview he called me kemosabe, a reference to Tonto and the American West.
    w7qSQ7r.png

• Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    "I do not like them Coach Big Sam, I do not like green eggs and ham."
    lol.

Good to hear that you're on their short list for the World Cup roster, doubt you'll be left behind now. Story definitely ending after the WC btw?
  • Wyojasond
    10739 posts Has That Special Something
    :D Kemosabe definition picture is killing me.
  • ale85bg
    Yeah, pretty much what Jason said! :joy:
    Let's say that the meeting with Big Sam has been very important for your future, but there's another Sam now you're hopefully meeting with soon...
    Uncle_Sam.png
    I WANT YOU
    FOR THE USMNT
  • dannyboy
    12796 posts Has That Special Something
    green eggs and ham :D
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    "I do not like them Coach Big Sam, I do not like green eggs and ham."
    lol.
    dannyboy wrote: »
    green eggs and ham :D
    Can't believe I found an actual image. :D
    :D Kemosabe definition picture is killing me.
    I had a farside calendar years ago and that one stuck in my head. Finally found a use for it. :p
    Good to hear that you're on their short list for the World Cup roster, doubt you'll be left behind now. Story definitely ending after the WC btw?
    I expect the unexpected in this game. Once missed the Copa America by getting a shoulder injury so who knows. Story is pretty much ending after the World Cup, although depending how things work out, there may be some kind of epilogue, but I'm not sure at this point.
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Let's say that the meeting with Big Sam has been very important for your future, but there's another Sam now you're hopefully meeting with soon...
    Hopefully. :)

My next update is a little ambitious; hoping to have it done by this weekend. :#
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Interlude

It's the day after my meeting with Big Sam, which went well since he called me the Apache word for friend (I think). I'm still waiting to hear from the USSF on whether I'll be making the trip to Russia on their dime. The waiting is killing me, so to return the favor, I spend some time killing things of my own. If Klinsmann would only put me out of my misery already.

NOTE: Video is best viewed on a tablet screen or larger.
  • Wyojasond
    :D Best update yet! The spam folder message had he rolling. Lol. And take it from DMC3, you did the right thing avoiding that stewardess. :D
  • Greenman019
    DOooooooooooooooom, poor Jangles.

Argentina are very good so the narrow loss isn't too unexpected. Decent performance really. Followed it up with a solid win over Venuzuela though.

Grats on making the team, would be a shock if you hadn't though. That spam email was great btw, poor Cody ^^

Should have changed your mind about drinks tho.
  • ale85bg
    edited January 2017
    Oh dear, gotta LOVE those interlude videos! And all the little things you put in them too!
    By the way, anyone found @BistroXII yet? :joy:
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    :D Best update yet! The spam folder message had he rolling. Lol.
    That spam email was great btw, poor Cody ^^
    I added that at the last minute as I was finishing that segment. No ill will, just a jab considering that I went ahead and voted, didn't get a thank you or even a simple comment on my story like Good luck! or MLS is a crap league. LOL!
    And take it from DMC3, you did the right thing avoiding that stewardess. :D
    Should have changed your mind about drinks tho.
    That was the result of an interlude I started a while back for last season that was supposed to have Landon Donovan sitting next to me, but couldn't make the edits work. Also a different stewardess and a reference to milkshakes. :p
    I think the innuendo went over Sanders' head. :D
    Oh dear, gotta LOVE those interlude videos! And all the little things you put in them too!
    By the way, anyone found @BistroXII yet? :joy:
    Thanks, they're fun to do but take quite a bit of time; learned a few things working with PowerPoint animations though. Bistro seemed like a pretty cool dude, but then disappeared.

p.s. Jangles is alive and well, and smart enough to know to leave the room when I play FIFA. :D
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    June 2018

0br6yWt.png
  • ale85bg
    edited January 2017
    As an Italian, I hope it ends for us like it ended the last time we faced USA in the group! :joy:
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    As an Italian, I hope it ends for us like it ended the last time we faced USA in the group! :joy:
    A draw would be great, but as an American I would rather not see two or our guys sent off. :D
  • Wyojasond
    Some serious trash talking from Italys manager, and with that, it's time for the USA to quote the most famous Russian of all time......

i-must-break-you-movies-quote-450x300.png
  • Greenman019
    That is a tough opener. Draw would be good enough methinks. Be nice to win after the comments from their manager though.
  • ale85bg
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    A draw would be great
    Some serious trash talking from Italys manager, and with that, it's time for the USA to quote the most famous Russian of all time.....
    Be nice to win after the comments from their manager though.
    I don't really think you got the point.
    V
    Godfather.jpg

• Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    June 17, 2018 - Opening Ceremony

rtWbswM.png

A minor skirmish broke out ahead of the World Cup Opening ceremony between fans of the Italian national team and a group of supporters calling themselves The American Outlaws. Russian police moved quickly on the scene to deter any violence. One individual involved in the incident had this to say:

"I says to my buddy Hank, Olive Garden makes the best I-talian food and this guy from Italy comes up and says I wouldn't know good I-talian food if it sat on my face and wiggled. Dems fightin' werds. I mean, he's prolly never been to America."

aCWg17j.png

June 18, 2018 - Televised Press Conference

3R36zCo.png
    Seated from left to right: Michael Bradley - midfielder, Jurgen Klinsmann - manager, Kirk Sanders - striker.

The room is now open to questions.
  • Greenman019
    Nice world cup graphics. Looks like one of those old school wall charts where you put in the results as the tournament gets going.

"Italy look like your toughest group stage opponents and they're the favourites to top Group B. Will you be able to match them, would just a point be a great result?"
  • Wyojasond
    Question....."There seems to be a great bit of animosity already between Italy and the USA. Do you see this translating to the pitch? Are you expecting a dirty game?
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Question: "Which is going to be the tactical approach for this game vs Italy? Are you going forward to try to get the three points or do you think it's better to get more conservative?"

[BTW, what a nice story... I love everything in it! Graphics... stats... it's really fun]
  • ale85bg
    Question: "Rumour has it that De Rossi will miss the match as he got an elbow injury during training. Is there any player you'd like to be elbowed by instead?"
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    2dB55NI.png

The room is now closed. Will be open to the public soon, thank you.
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Oh my days, the interlude :joy: The train station bit and Superman outside the plane had me in stitches. Love the work you put into it, all the subtle jokes are fantastic.

Lets hope Scotland don't make an arse of themselves, although I'm sure the Tartan Army will have a good time regardless.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Dean wrote: »
    Oh my days, the interlude :joy: The train station bit and Superman outside the plane had me in stitches. Love the work you put into it, all the subtle jokes are fantastic.
    subpop wrote: »
    [BTW, what a nice story... I love everything in it! Graphics... stats... it's really fun]
    Thanks, it's been fun doing this story and trying things out. As it's nearing the end, I've put a little more effort doings things I wanted to do before but didn't have the time or was too tired.
    Dean wrote: »
    Lets hope Scotland don't make an arse of themselves, although I'm sure the Tartan Army will have a good time regardless.
    Nice that they made the cut and a decent chance of getting to the round of 16. My character played a season in Scotland and knows how passionate the fans can be. LOL!
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero

Video is best viewed on a tablet screen or larger.

The room is now open to the public.
  • ale85bg
    edited January 2017
    Another absolutely hilarious video there... I wish I really had that haircut! :joy:
  • Greenman019
    Wonder why 47 is there :o Maybe he's been hired by the Italians, and the pizza? This is starting to make sense. .

Nice video ^^