Newcastle United F.C | Déjà vu | Season 4 - End of Season 4

Comments

• Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    FA Cup Final

yYoiVRO.jpg

In an FA Cup final that certainly won't go down in the history books, Newcastle United triumphed 1-0 over Championship club Reading.

Both teams made their intentions clear early on in the match. Newcastle predictably had the lions share of the chances, but for the most part they were wasteful. Reading meanwhile set out to frustrate Newcastle United, hoping for a goal on the counter attack. Defensively, Reading were excellent but they failed to break with any purpose or pace, and by the end of the match they had only managed to register a single shot at goal.

Tim Sherwood elected to set the team up as a 4-3-3 once again, a formation that has proved to be effective in terms of attacking play in recent games. Reading though kept them out for 90 minutes before Marcus Rashford slotted home the winner in the 91st minute of the match. United win the FA Cup and qualify for next seasons Europa League.

The Newcastle manager had this to say after the match:

"You've got to give credit to Reading because they were absolutely brilliant for a very long time, we just couldn't break them down. But we broke up play quite well ourselves, we knew they'd want to try and hit us on the break but we really restricted them and in the end they only had the one shot on goal.

Winning the FA Cup is a very special thing and you can see what it means to the fans. Hopefully it's the first of many and just a taste of things to come. We'll take a little break now and come back ready to fight even harder next season."
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Fantastic win, and nice going by Rashford to get that 11th hour goal. The pressure only gets more intense in extra periods, and I don't think you would have wanted the match to go to penalties against Reading (who did really well just to get that far). That match could've been a potential video moment, just sayin'. ;)
    Hopefully Newcastle can make a deeper run in Europa League next season.
  • Wyojasond
    10722 posts Has That Special Something
    Great victory. Europe awaits again. Hopefully you can be a bit more of a presence this time.
  • Greenman019
    Virtual_K wrote: »
    Fantastic win, and nice going by Rashford to get that 11th hour goal. The pressure only gets more intense in extra periods, and I don't think you would have wanted the match to go to penalties against Reading (who did really well just to get that far). That match could've been a potential video moment, just sayin'. ;)
    Hopefully Newcastle can make a deeper run in Europa League next season.

Ye, was pretty tight up until then.

Was hoping to do a video or more in depth coverage tbh but the match was just really boring xD Still, chance to try out some new graphics I guess.
    Great victory. Europe awaits again. Hopefully you can be a bit more of a presence this time.

Let's hope so :)

Will do the end of season round up fairly soon but until then, here's the final sponsoring scores.

Player Sponsoring

1st. Marcus Rashford : 199 Points - @Ashy

2nd. Jamaal Lascelles : 162 Points - @ale85bg

3rd. DeAndre Yedlin : 133 Points - @Virtual_K

4th. Jesse Lingard : 106 Points - @Dean

So congrats to @Ashy on winning, Rashford has been great. :)
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Congrats on winning the final and on qualifying to Europa League! :)
    Also, those match analysis graphics look really good. ;)
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    I forgot to mention that I really like the FA Cup final game sheet. Big fan of graphs. :)
  • Greenman019
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Congrats on winning the final and on qualifying to Europa League! :)
    Also, those match analysis graphics look really good. ;)
    I forgot to mention that I really like the FA Cup final game sheet. Big fan of graphs. :)

Thanks :). Might be trying out some different graphic stuff next season, not sure yet.

I do like graphs but pretty time consuming to make. I use excel to input the stats, then make a graph and screengrab it and put it into the image in photoshop. Real pain. Probably an easier way ^^
  • Greenman019
    edited January 2017
    C8jSrVd.png

Premier League

Manchester United won the Premier League after picking up 69 points, the same number as their bitter rivals Manchester City. United won the title due to their superior goal difference, 23 to City's 21.

West Brom, Aston Villa and Sheffield Wednesday were relegated.

Full Table
      1. Manchester United 2. Manchester City 3. Chelsea 4. Arsenal 5. West Ham 6. Tottenham 7. Newcastle United 8. Leicester City 9. Liverpool 10. Stoke City 11. Swansea City 12. Crystal Palace 13. Everton 14. Bournemouth 15. Sunderland 16. Middlesbrough 17. Southampton 18. Sheffield Wednesday 19. Aston Villa 20. West Brom

EFL Championship

Hull City won the EFL Championship, earning promotion back to the Premier League along with 2nd placed Watford. Norwich won the play-offs to join them.

Domestic Cups

Newcastle United won the FA Cup, beating Championship side Reading 1-0 in the final.

The EFL Cup was won by Sam Allardyce's Southampton. They beat Bournemouth 2-1 in the final at Wembley.

European Cups

Napoli won the Europa league after beating Sevilla 1-0 in the final.

Meanwhile in the Champions League, Barcelona lifted the trophy after beating Guardiola's Manchester City 2-0.

Manager of the Season

José Mourinho was named Manager of the Season after leading his Manchester United side to the Premier League title. United also got to the quarter-final stages of the Champions League, where they lost 3-0 to eventual winners Barcelona.

pi1BIni.png

VHuLAmk.png
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Brilliant winning the FA cup and qualifying for Europe hopefully you fair better both in the Europa and the league whilst playing in it this season nice update to finish the season
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Fantastic season after all. The FA Cup title makes it gold, despite you didn't reach European spots through Premier League. Congratulations and well deserved!!

I hope you can make the team advance to be an alternative for something bigger!

BTW, brilliant graphics! I love them!
  • ale85bg
    subpop wrote: »
    Yeah, time to challenge the big boys!
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Once again, nice end of season awards (good idea) and Champions list. :)

Concerning Excel and screen captures. It would be nice if Excel had a Save As image file option, but you can record a macro that does this:
    Select the range of cells for the image
    From Home ribbon select Copy as Picture
    Select As shown on screen radial button and Bitmap Radial button and then OK. Save the macro.
    You can then paste the image into the image program and save as PNG or whatever. It's a little easier and more exact than dragging the mouse around the area and copying into the image program manually.
  • dannyboy
    12796 posts Has That Special Something
    FA Cup B) Don't bottle the EL
  • Greenman019
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Brilliant winning the FA cup and qualifying for Europe hopefully you fair better both in the Europa and the league whilst playing in it this season nice update to finish the season

Let's hope so :)
    Fantastic season after all. The FA Cup title makes it gold, despite you didn't reach European spots through Premier League. Congratulations and well deserved!!

BTW, brilliant graphics! I love them!

Thanks. Definitely hoping to make a better go at the Europa league this time around ^^

Yeah, time to challenge the big boys!

We'll try.
  • Greenman019
    Once again, nice end of season awards (good idea) and Champions list. :)

Concerning Excel and screen captures. It would be nice if Excel had a Save As image file option, but you can record a macro that does this:
    Select the range of cells for the image
    From Home ribbon select Copy as Picture
    Select As shown on screen radial button and Bitmap Radial button and then OK. Save the macro.
    You can then paste the image into the image program and save as PNG or whatever. It's a little easier and more exact than dragging the mouse around the area and copying into the image program manually.

Thanks.

I will take a look at the excel stuff as well. I'm undecided at the minute what I'm doing. I'm expecting a bit of a break right now for this story as I'm a little busy, so I am hoping to try out some new graphics when it resumes. Would like to include stats if it's not too time consuming. Thanks for sharing the method :)
    dannyboy wrote: »
    FA Cup B) Don't bottle the EL

We'll try not to :D
  • Wyojasond
    10722 posts Has That Special Something
    As others have said, the graphics look great. Eager to see what awaits next season
  • Greenman019
    As others have said, the graphics look great. Eager to see what awaits next season

Thanks. Not sure what I'll do graphics wise yet, might leave it till the one after next, not a fan of the stuff I've tried so far. ^^
  • Greenman019
    edited January 2017
    HePJcGf.png

July

14VJpYh.png

Pre-Season

5S8HPWG.png

rVRnNxr.png

5VvaXDb.png
  • ale85bg
    Two wins to start the season, even if it's only a friendly tournalent... Not bad at all! :)
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Good start to the preseason. Will there be any player sponsoring this season because if there is, I'll take the winner now. ;)
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Nice start. Beautiful tournament. Nice matches ahead.
  • Greenman019
    Two wins to start the season, even if it's only a friendly tournalent... Not bad at all! :)

Not a bad start at all. Plenty more to play as well :)
    Good start to the preseason. Will there be any player sponsoring this season because if there is, I'll take the winner now. ;)

I think so, who's the winner? ^^
    Nice start. Beautiful tournament. Nice matches ahead.

• Greenman019
    Pre-Season Pt. 2

jKs6LeK.png

zMzqhgW.png

Ug0taue.png

RZ1UYIH.png

m3A0pLZ.png
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice pre season great signing in Schneiderlin but sad to lose Perez
  • ale85bg
    edited January 2017
    Great pre-season! And also great to see Ayoze join Mil...oh wait, I meant sorry to see him go!
  • Greenman019
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Nice pre season great signing in Schneiderlin but sad to lose Perez

Ye, should be good. Perez wise, offer was too good to turn down really. Since I've changed to 4-3-3 as well there's no CAM role for him, and he's not going to go ahead of Rashford or Armstrong as a striker. Nice to almost cover the Schneiderlin signing really. :)

Great pre-season! And also great to see Ayoze join Mil...oh wait, I meant sorry to see him go!

fry_squinting.gif
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Bit late but congrats on the FA Cup, nothing sweeter than a last minute winner in a final. :)

Good pre-season, hopefully kick on and get a deep run in Europe this year.
  • Virtual_K
    1696 posts Play-Off Hero
    Wow, some pretty impressive preseason wins. Too bad on losing Perez, but he couldn't have gone to a better team, right? ;) And he helped pay for Schneiderlin. Looking to be a strong season by all indications.
  • Greenman019
    Dean wrote: »
    Bit late but congrats on the FA Cup, nothing sweeter than a last minute winner in a final. :)

Good pre-season, hopefully kick on and get a deep run in Europe this year.

Wow, some pretty impressive preseason wins. Too bad on losing Perez, but he couldn't have gone to a better team, right? ;) And he helped pay for Schneiderlin. Looking to be a strong season by all indications.

Ye, just wasn't worth turning down that money really. Good player but not a start since promotion.

• Greenman019
    edited January 2017
    bO17md0.png

FA Community Shield

(Right Click > View Image to enlarge)

jVnPJTm.jpg

uyAjAj2.jpg

YypgqyA.png

Post edited by Greenman019 on