Wycombe Wanderers | The Journey of Ethan Webster | Season 5: The Premier League. (End)

Comments

• JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    dannyboy wrote: »
    :o Stoke were relegated.

Decent season but I doubt you're getting promoted this season. :p

I can dream can't I? :joy:
    JoshDFC wrote: »
    Promotion isn't far away one point off play offs
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Don't stop dreaming! Results are pretty good right now, you're close to a playoff spot.
    Maybe you won't get promoted (you weren't really meant to at the beginning of the season) but still... Ending in the playoff spots (or even close to them) will be a success.

Yes so close to the play-offs, but everyone above keeps winning so I usually stay where I am.
    Much better the last couple of games. Promotion isn't an important goal right now but you could sneak into the play-offs which would be massive. Would enjoy seeing this team in the prem ^^

Why? So Newcastle can thrash me and get an easy 6 points? :joy:

DECEMBER PART 1
    A shocking performance from Wycombe allows bottom side Huddesfield to claim the win.
    M18%20Huddesfield.png
    DAVID%20AMOO.png
    Wycombe claim the win despite losing 3 players to injury.
    M19%20Leeds.png
    RAFAEL%20RAMOS.png
    CONOR%20CHAPLIN.png
    NICHOLAS%20KING.png
    A bad goalkeeping decision by Reid allows Rotherham to pull one back and cliam a point.
    M20%20Rotherham.png
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    JamieC wrote: »
    M19%20Leeds.png
    Well played. But we'll see who'll laugh come the end of the season...
    You don't want to put yourself up against Massimo Cellino, do you?
    V
    12428278073_f09a2be8dd_z_1_80924.jpg

• Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Wow, so many injuries. Fairy steady few games though, 1W 1D 1L. Let's see how the injuries affect things, perhaps should have beaten Rotherham.
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    M19%20Leeds.png
    V

Webster: Bring it! You don't scare me old man! When we play again, I'm going to turn up to Elland Road with my fancy purple suit and I will play Patrick Reid up front, wearing his number 17 shirt! BRING IT!

Wow, so many injuries. Fairy steady few games though, 1W 1D 1L. Let's see how the injuries affect things, perhaps should have beaten Rotherham.

I was doing well until the goalkeeping mistake. Reid had come out to try and get the ball side of the goal, but left the goal completely open for a tap in :frowning:

DECEMBER PART 2
    Auassar scores a hat-trick as Wycombe beat top of the table Birmingham.
    M21%20Birmingham.png
    Bournemouth pay for underestimating Wycombe.
    M22%20Bournemouth.png
    Wycombes defence goes missing again.
    M23%20Derby.png
    Physically crying :bawling:
    KA.png
    Wycombe end the month with a draw.
    M24%20Sheff%20Utd.png

EoD%20Report.png
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Catching up... after promotion and half season, your position is excellent to assault promotion.

Great results despite the injuries, but as the report says, the transfer window is open and you can add quality and depth to the team. Keep it up!!
  • ale85bg
    M19%20Leeds.png
    V
    Webster: Bring it! You don't scare me old man! When we play again, I'm going to turn up to Elland Road with my fancy purple suit and I will play Patrick Reid up front, wearing his number 17 shirt! BRING IT!
    Oh dear, I remember Cellino being superstitious like no tomorrow... That's gonna be a great match! Let me book my tickets now before they get sold out! :joy:

Other than that, two great results and one not-so-great one... Well, you're still very close to the playoff area! :)
  • Greenman019
    Wow, impressive result against Bournemouth and a massive win over Birmingham followed by that Derby game. Consistently inconsistent :D

Pretty good month overall though. The whole sorta 5th to 11th area in the table is looking really tight so you've got a good chance of having a successful season.
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    subpop wrote: »
    Catching up... after promotion and half season, your position is excellent to assault promotion.

Great results despite the injuries, but as the report says, the transfer window is open and you can add quality and depth to the team. Keep it up!!

Yep we are doing well for a recently promoted side, we are the most exciting team to watch (as we either thrash or get thrashed :joy: )
    M19%20Leeds.png
    V
    Oh dear, I remember Cellino being superstitious like no tomorrow... That's gonna be a great match! Let me book my tickets now before they get sold out! :joy:

Other than that, two great results and one not-so-great one... Well, you're still very close to the playoff area! :)

Your seat for the match of the century on the 29th Jan 2019 is waiting for you ;)

Yep :smiley: so close, but our results so incosistent :bawling:
    Wow, impressive result against Bournemouth and a massive win over Birmingham followed by that Derby game. Consistently inconsistent :D

Pretty good month overall though. The whole sorta 5th to 11th area in the table is looking really tight so you've got a good chance of having a successful season.

Surprised about those games, never expected to beat Birmingham like that, but when Auassar started scoring, it felt good.

Bournemouth decided to play a weak side, and got what they deserved for underestimating the great Ethan Webster! :lol:

JANUARY PART 1
    Zayn.png
    Wycombe fail to make use of their chances as Reading win with a lucky penalty.
    M25%20Reading.png
    Rico.png
    Axel.png
    Wycombe let a two goal lead slip.
    M26%20Sheff%20Wed.png
    Wycombe get destroyed by Brighton.
    FA%20Cup%20R3%20BHA.png
    Aneke.png
  • ale85bg
    Oh dear, what a bad run of form it's been... :(
  • Wyojasond
    10751 posts Has That Special Something
    Ouch. Man just catching up. What a horrible run of form lately. Team has surprised a lot of people so far this year. Top 10 would be an amazing accomplishment.
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    Oh dear, what a bad run of form it's been... :(

Yep. Starting to realise that it might not just be the defenders that need replacing. Poor Alastair Reid :cry:. He is the youngest of the three Reid brothers and I thought with Sam Roberts gone he could do well to fill in the role, but it seems that the Championship is too high for him at the moment, would have done well in League One. Half a season in and I already miss Sam Roberts :bawling:
    Ouch. Man just catching up. What a horrible run of form lately. Team has surprised a lot of people so far this year. Top 10 would be an amazing accomplishment.

Indeed it would be :smiley:

JANUARY PART 2
    A Duane Holmes double help Wycombe claim the 3 points.
    M27%20Brentford_1.png
    Scott.png

Kevin.png

John.png

Two goals by Kessié in the first half help Wycombe ease through against relegation fighters Rotherham.
    M28%20Rotherham.png

Number 17 Patrick Reid scores late to help Wycombe claim a point that they feel should be 3 in the "Massimo Cellino è un bastardo!" Match. Reports after the game report that Massimo Cellino is currently in custody after hitting Wycombe manager Ethan Webster with a cheap shot to the face.
    M29%20Leeds.png
    Angus.png

Ewan.png

EoJ%20Report.png
  • ale85bg
    Oh dear that's hilarious! :joy:
    And great results too... One point shy of playoffs now! :)
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Not your best run of results but still near the objective. After promotion I guess you are over the predictions... everything is open!
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    still so close to the play offs some nice signings who can hopefully contribute to your promotion push
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    Oh dear that's hilarious! :joy:
    And great results too... One point shy of playoffs now! :)

He couldn't handle the suit! :joy:
    subpop wrote: »
    Not your best run of results but still near the objective. After promotion I guess you are over the predictions... everything is open!

The original plan was to just survive, now the goal is the play-off! Let's do this!
    still so close to the play offs some nice signings who can hopefully contribute to your promotion push

Yeah the new signing have been a breath of fresh air into the side. Rico Henry has the pace to beat everyone, Tuanzebe has brought some much needed strength into the defence and the on loan goalkeeper Werner has pulled off some brilliant saves to keep us in the game. I am happy with all my new signings.

FEBRUARY PART 1
    Crying again :bawling:
    Koffi.png
    Goals from Oztumer and Reid help Wycombe claim the 3 points.
    M30%20Ipswich.png
    Devon Kelly-Evans gives a man of the match performance as he scores twice to save Wycombe.
    M31%20BampH.png
    Max.png
  • Greenman019
    Nice suit ^^

Results seem to have stabalised a bit now which is good. Still hovering around that little area below the play off spots, seem to be lacking a little something though in terms of breaking into it. All to play for though with so few points in it.
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Well, some pretty destructive defeats along the way but still looking good for a playoff spot, it's a funny old game! Can totally sympathise with your recent injury woes as well, such a wind up when they all come along at once.
  • ale85bg
    Poor Kessié! :(
    Well, at least results seem to be a little better than before. Scoring doesn't look like a problem for you at least! :)
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    Nice suit ^^

Results seem to have stabalised a bit now which is good. Still hovering around that little area below the play off spots, seem to be lacking a little something though in terms of breaking into it. All to play for though with so few points in it.

That little something is that the teams above me keep winning when I do! :joy:
    Dean wrote: »
    Well, some pretty destructive defeats along the way but still looking good for a playoff spot, it's a funny old game! Can totally sympathise with your recent injury woes as well, such a wind up when they all come along at once.

Indeed, it's always the players I need most that get hurt. :'(
    Poor Kessié! :(
    Well, at least results seem to be a little better than before. Scoring doesn't look like a problem for you at least! :)

Scoring for fun we are! We are the team with the most goals scored, as well as the team with the most goals conceded! We are the most exciting team in the league! Guaranteed a goal every game! :joy:

Sorry for the delay!

February Part 2

Wycombe stops Bristol City comeback in this 7 goal thriller.
    M32%20Bristol.png
    A Sylla double helps QPR beat Wycombe
    M33%20QPR.png

EoF%20Report.png
  • ale85bg
    You're there... You're just there! You finally catched Burnley: now with several matches to go you have the time to overtake them... KEEP IT UP!
  • Wyojasond
    10751 posts Has That Special Something
    So close now. No matter what, been one heck of a year. Never would've thought you would be fighting for a playoff spot.
  • Greenman019
    Level on points with Burnley :o

Gonna be a tight finish but like Wyojasond says, great season whatever happens
  • JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    Your level with Burnley now. If you can keep the team fit you can do it keep fighting until the end
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    You're there... You're just there! You finally catched Burnley: now with several matches to go you have the time to overtake them... KEEP IT UP!

I have to believe!
    So close now. No matter what, been one heck of a year. Never would've thought you would be fighting for a playoff spot.

I didn't think I would either, was expecting mid-table at best!
    Level on points with Burnley :o

Gonna be a tight finish but like Wyojasond says, great season whatever happens

It is! Hope to improve next season depending on where I will be next season! :smiley:
    Your level with Burnley now. If you can keep the team fit you can do it keep fighting until the end

If I get another bad injury I'm blaming you. :joy:

FIGHT! FIGHT TO THE BITTER END!

MARCH PART 1
    John Fagan chests the ball into his own net as Hull claim the 3 points through a lucky own goal.
    M34%20Hull.png
    Glen Johnson's stunning shot from outside the box gives Stoke the win.
    M35%20Stoke.png
  • ale85bg
    OH S*!T, what the Hell are these results?!?! :unamused:
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    OH S*!T, what the Hell are these results?!?! :unamused:

I'm sorry boss! :bawling:

Don't hurt me! But it gets worse! :fearful:

MARCH PART 2
    When the Lord says he wants to win...he wins.
    M36%20Nottm.png
    Joshua King scores in the last minute to make it a terrible month for Wycombe.
    M37%20AFC.png
    EoM%20Report.png

In other news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38859105

Who did he bribe to get his ban lowered? It should be increased after his hideous attack on Webster!
  • ale85bg
    edited February 2017
    Poor Massimo, apparently everyone is against him. :cry:
  • Greenman019
    What's going on D:

Still got some game time to pull it back but it's a shame that play-off spot seems to be running away from you.
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    Poor Massimo, apparently everyone is against him. :cry:

Maybe he should stop doing things that would get him in trouble :wink:
    What's going on D:

Still got some game time to pull it back but it's a shame that play-off spot seems to be running away from you.

I don't know what happened in March for my team to suddenly forget how to play football :bawling:
    APRIL PART 1 & 2
    Kessié scores on his return to help Wycombe go back to winning ways.
    M38%20Birmingham.png
    Another dent in Wycombe's play-off hopes as they lose to relegation fighters Huddesfield.
    M39%20Huddesfield.png
    Auassar scores in his first game back to help Wycombe claim another 3 points.
    M40%20PNE.png
    Wycombe dominate Blackburn.
    M41%20Blackburn.png
    Youngster O'Byrne scores late to help Wycombe reach 3 points closer to the play-offs and put a dent in Middlesbrough's chance of winning the league.
    M42%20Middlesbrough.png
    Wycombe struggle to fight back against Burnley.
    M43%20Burnley.png
    Wycombe leave with the 3 points despite being down to 10 men.
    M44%20Wigan.png

EoA%20Report.png
  • Greenman019
    Some pretty decent results. So close now to the play-offs, going to be a couple of very nervy games for sure. Only 4 points but it's out of your hands really if the teams above you keep picking up points. Think you might just miss out but I'll be glad if I'm wrong.