AS Roma: A new era with an old hero

Comments

• JoshDFC
    2006 posts Fans' Favourite
    AS Roma vs Juventus LIVE

The day is here the most anticipated match of the season as Juventus travel to AS Roma it’s the final before the final as both teams close in on the Serie A title and we will bring it to you live here’s how the top four look coming into today’s games.

5yt1qt.png

So a win for Juventus will see them go top of the table where as a win for AS Roma will mean they need just one win from their remaining two games to be crowned champions the teams are in here is how they line up

5yuwqq.png

So De Rossi misses out he has a slight knock and isn’t in the match day squad

Kick Off has arrived and Juventus will get us started

10 Minutes First shot from Otavio twenty yards out but he shoots miles wide

14 Minutes Fantastic block Higuain turns and shoot eight yards out but Manolas gets his foot there

18 Minutes Brilliant counter led by Nainggolan he finds Otavio on the right his shot from a tight angle is saved but the ball falls to Salah who shoots wide

21 Minutes Great play by Alex Sandro on the left he cuts it back to Khedira but his shot lacks power and is saved easily by Alisson

24 Minutes Save Great play by Salah down the right and his shot from a tight angle is easily saved

26 Minutes GOAL Florenzi. Falcao’s ball from the right is met by the Italy international and it’s 1-0

2hmllba.jpg

29 Minutes Dybala breaks through one on one but Alisson is out quickly and makes a superb save

31 Minutes GOAL it’s Florenzi again only at the wrong end. Juventus take a short corner Higuain lays it off to Bonucci his shot takes a huge deflection off Florenzi and gives Alisson no chance 1-1

23hnnur.jpg

40 Minutes Marchisio shoots from twenty yards but it is easy for Alisson

Half Time a goal at each end by Florenzi its 1-1

Half Time Substitute Hernanes is on for Khedira

49 Minutes Great play by Caudrado down the right he cuts it back to Hernanes whose shot flies across the face off goal and wide

70 Minutes GOAL Pjanic. Fantastic play by Juventus it’s been coming and they have got the goal they deserve. Dybala plays Higuain through his shot cannons back off the post but falls to Pjanic running in and he fires home against his former team

k9svo1.jpg

78 Minutes Great ball over the top by Florenzi for Salah he cuts in from the right but shoots wide

87 Minutes POST. Mandzukic finds the Bosnian on the left of the box but his shot hits the post

89 Minutes RED CARD Nainggolan. He is sent off for a second yellow card for a foul on Hernanes

dwyxe9.jpg

90+1 Fantastic save by Alisson the ball falls kindly to Alex Sandro on the volley but he gets a hand to it

FULL TIME Juventus go top of the league Man Of The Match: Miralem Pjanic

FT: I am devastated with this loss. We were so unlucky today in the first half we dominated and should have led at half time and would have but for a cruel deflection then their winner it falls to their player after hitting the post. I think they played better in the second half and I congratulate them on an important win but we will still fight we have two games left and it is important that Juventus know that the fight isn’t over yet we still believe we will continue to breath down their necks.

• Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited January 2017
    Ouch. Got your work cut out now, need to hope they drop points in their remaining games. Can't afford any more slip ups now.

Nice match report though.
  • JoshDFC
    Ouch. Got your work cut out now, need to hope they drop points in their remaining games. Can't afford any more slip ups now.

Nice match report though.

Cheers. A game of two halves unlikely we will win the league now a win and a draw and they win it but if we can qualify for europe and win the coppa nazionale it is still a good season and something to build on
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Man... what a terrible trip here. Probably the draw was enough to almost secure the title. Of course the season still is fantastic, but what a drama. I wish you win the Coppa... and try it in the league. You never know.
  • Wyojasond
    10744 posts Has That Special Something
    :s what a brutal loss and possibly costing you the league now with only two games to go. Hopefully Juve can slip up a bit.
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Unlucky against Juve, but it's not over. It's NOT over by any means! Keep it up, and hope... IT'S NOT F**K!NG OVER!!!
  • JoshDFC
    subpop wrote: »
    Man... what a terrible trip here. Probably the draw was enough to almost secure the title. Of course the season still is fantastic, but what a drama. I wish you win the Coppa... and try it in the league. You never know.

It will still be a good season if we win the cup but the fact we have played so well is disappointing
    :s what a brutal loss and possibly costing you the league now with only two games to go. Hopefully Juve can slip up a bit.

I hope so but I can't see them dropping the points required

ale85bg wrote: »
    Unlucky against Juve, but it's not over. It's NOT over by any means! Keep it up, and hope... IT'S NOT F**K!NG OVER!!!

It's not over yet but with two games left I need them to lose one of them which is very unlikely but we'll keep trying
  • JoshDFC
    2hn9j7s.png

Chievo: Sorrentino, Cacciatore, Dainelli, Gamberini, Gobbi, Castro, Radovanovic, Hetemaj, De Guzman, Inglese, Meggiorini
    AS Roma: Alisson, Peres, Manolas, Rudiger, Mario Rui, Kessie, De Rossi, Strootman, Salah, Falcao, Otavio

AS Roma have confirmed their qualification for next seasons Champions League after beating Chievo 2-1 at the Stadio Marc’Antonio Bentegodi. AS Roma took the lead after nine minutes Otavio’s ball from the left was met by Dutch midfielder Strootman who headed into the corner. Chievo were level nine minutes later Inglese’s through ball set De Guzman away and he fired into the top corner. Roma retook the lead through an own goal after Falcao’s low shot took a deflection off Gamberini giving Sorrentino no chance. AS Roma remain second after Juventus beat Crotone 3-0 at home the title will be decided on the last day with Juventus needing just a draw away to Bologna who sit seventh. Torino entertain Sassuolo both sides coming into that game on the back of defeats if Torino win they qualify for next seasons Champions League a draw will be enough for Sassuolo.

FT: I am happy we have qualified for the Champions League we have taken the title to the last day which is what we wanted to do. Juventus will have a difficult game against Bologna but we know it is unlikely that we will win the league we need them to lose which with Juventus is very rare but we will believe we will try to score early so they have more pressure on them and we will hope that the result goes our way.
  • JoshDFC
    THE FINAL DAY

We’re live here at the Stadio Olimpico as AS Roma take on Genoa it is all still to play for a win for Roma and a loss for Juventus away at Bologna means Roma will be Champions. Meanwhile also in Serie A Torino are at home to Sassuolo knowing a win will move them up to third meaning they will qualify for the Champions League. Here’s how the table looks heading into the final set of fixtures.

52kizp.png

We turn our attention to AS Roma and Genoa the teams are in here is how they line up

4rrfv6.png

So AS Roma make six changes as they rest Falcao, De Rossi, Strootman, Otavio, Salah and Peres ahead of Tuesday’s Coppa Nazionale final

Genoa will get us started

10 Minutes First chance despite Genoa having all the ball it falls to Roma Perotti playing a ball through for Barella but his shot from a tight angle is easily saved

13 Minutes POST. El Shaarawy’s curling effort from twenty five yards comes back off the post.

20 Minutes GOAL Laxalt gives Genoa the lead. Roma give the ball away in midfield as Kessie and Nainggolan get in each others way the ball breaks to Ocampos he plays it to Laxalt who fires across the keeper into the corner

30 minutes El Shaarawy breaks past Munoz into the box but his shot is saved by Perin

45 Minutes HUGE Chance for Veloso as he breaks into the box but he shoots wide

Half Time it’s 1-0
    Juventus are drawing 1-1 with Bologna

55 Minutes GOAL Perotti. Great move by Roma and Nainggolan’s through ball finds Perotti who fires home 1-1

59 Minutes Great play again by Roma Perotti finds Nainggolan but his shot is wide

72 Minutes On comes Totti for his last league game for AS Roma the whole stadium welcomes him to the pitch as he replaces Perotti

And that’s it full time AS Roma can only draw Juventus also drew so it wouldn’t have been enough anyway

Heres how the final table looks

ja9e80.png

FT: It’s not the result we would have liked but we have to congratulate Juventus on winning the title. They deserved it but we still have a chance to win a trophy it’s upsetting that this is the end of my playing career but I feel it will help me as a coach. We are concentrating now on the game midweek it is the opportunity to win a trophy and give us a boost ahead of next season.
  • ale85bg
    NOOOO!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Now let's do our best for the cup final... YOU CAN DO IT!
  • JoshDFC
    NOOOO!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    Now let's do our best for the cup final... YOU CAN DO IT!

It was always going to be difficult we'll brush ourselves down and go again in the final :)
  • JamieC
    792 posts Semi-Pro
    So close :bawling:

Good luck in the final! You can do it!
  • Greenman019
    Very tight, shame to come so close and not win it. Still a good experience though. Hopefully you'll do well in the final now, another chance to win some silverware.
  • subpop
    3364 posts National Call-Up
    Woah... what a sad way to lose te title. You were so dominant during all season that it seemed impossible to miss this chance. Great season though. Good luck in Coppa.
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Aw man, was genuinely willing you on so much reading the last couple of pages, so gutted throwing it away so late on after being on top for most of the season. Still, it's been a creditable season, hopefully win the cup to end it on a high.
  • JoshDFC
    JamieC wrote: »
    So close :bawling:

Good luck in the final! You can do it!
    Very tight, shame to come so close and not win it. Still a good experience though. Hopefully you'll do well in the final now, another chance to win some silverware.
    subpop wrote: »
    Woah... what a sad way to lose te title. You were so dominant during all season that it seemed impossible to miss this chance. Great season though. Good luck in Coppa.
    Dean wrote: »
    Aw man, was genuinely willing you on so much reading the last couple of pages, so gutted throwing it away so late on after being on top for most of the season. Still, it's been a creditable season, hopefully win the cup to end it on a high.

Gutting to come so close but a chance in the final to get some revenge against Juventus :naughty:
  • JoshDFC
    2ql9a39.png

Massimo Allegri has mocked AS Roma ahead of Wednesdays Coppa Nazionale final between Juventus and AS Roma. Allegri commented on the fact Juventus beat AS Roma just a couple of weeks ago in a game that all but sealed the Serie A title for the Turin side. Allegri said he believes that that loss will still be in the heads of AS Roma.

Allegri said: I think that AS Roma will remember what happened when we met a few weeks ago. We went behind and came back to beat them at their place and it virtually won us our title. When they line up in the tunnel and they see the team that took the title from them it will bring back the memories of us taking the title. I believe this is the way to cap a fantastic season we had our ups and downs but we have come back stronger we won the title and we aim to win the cup now.

Francesco Totti hit back at Massimo Allegri in his press conference he said

FT: I think if he honestly believes that game is going to affect us in a negative way he is disillusioned. The game a few weeks ago was close but I felt we deserved to win it, they were lucky both their goals one is a deflection the other came back off the post and fell to their man. Obviously we lost the title but I think if we beat them on Wednesday it will have a massive impact on them psychologically because they have a full summer to remember we beat them in the final of the trophy. It won’t be easy but I believe we have the team to do it and next season we will be even stronger.

AS Roma will be without star defender Kostas Manolas who is suspended for the game. Gianluigi Buffon will play his last game for Juventus as he retires at the end of this season.

Predicted teams
    Juventus: Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Chiellini, Caudrado, Marchisio, Khedira, Pjanic, Alex Sandro, Higuain, Dybala
    AS Roma: Alisson, Florenzi, Rudiger, Vermaelen, Mario Rui, Nainggolan, De Rossi, Strootman, Salah, Falcao, Otavio
  • ale85bg
    Make Allegri eat his own words... We all believe in you!
  • Wyojasond
    10744 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2017
    Good luck in the finals man. Brutal to lose the league title like that :s
  • JoshDFC
    Make Allegri eat his own words... We all believe in you!
    Good luck in the finals man. Brutal to lose the league title like that :s

Cheers will be a nice way to end the season
  • JoshDFC
    Juventus vs AS Roma Live

It’s cup final day and we’re here live at the Juventus stadium as Juventus take on AS Roma in the Coppa Nazionale final the teams are in here’s how they line up

30icld4.png

Roma will get us started

3 Minutes First chance and it falls to Roma Nainggolan’s ball finds Salah his shot across the keeper is easy to save

8 Minutes Save great play by Vermaelen he disposses Higuain and finds Falcao twenty five yards out his shot is pushed round the post by Buffon

33 Minutes GOAL Marchisio. Through ball by Pjanic finds Higuain in the box his shot is well saved but Marchisio follows in to give Juventus the lead

1zqzdcj.jpg

45 minutes Great passing by Roma results in Nainggolan’s curling effort being well saved

48 Minutes GOAL Falcao. Great run by Nainggolan he goes past Chiellini before finding Falcao who slots past Buffon at his near post Buffon got a touch but wasn’t strong enough

ngd8qx.jpg

54 Minutes Otavio cuts I from the left but shoots miles wide

66 Minutes Great play by Juventus ball finds its way to Sturaro seven yards out but he shoots wide

75 Minutes What a Header. GOAL Strootman. Peres freekick from the halfway line is met by Strootman on the edge of the box and his header flies into the top corner 2-1

2qk3zpf.jpg

80 Minutes Great counter and Falcao plays Otavio in but his shot from a tight angle is saved

82 Minutes PENALTY. Pjanic brings down De Rossi and the referee points to the spot up steps Falcao. GOAL Falcao smashes the ball into the top corner 3-1 surely game over

2cf8q49.jpg

86 Minutes Chance Alex Sandros cross hits Peres and falls to Mandzukic but his volley is miles over

Full Time and Roma have won the Copa Nazionale
    Man of the match Falcao

21ew1gw.jpg

FT: I am delighted for my players they deserved to win this trophy. This is only the beginning I hope, I hope to have many seasons as manager I have enjoyed the journey so far. We will celebrate for the next few days before the players go away on holiday or go and represent their countries internationally. Then we will sit down and start to prepare for next season we have a good idea what we want but we will have some meetings and go from there. We must enjoy this cup success first we deserve to.

On the future of captain Daniele De Rossi who is out of contract this summer.

FT: I think Daniele will sign a new contract soon him, Emerson and Sadiq (Umar) are all going to be offered new contracts. I have spoken with all three of them and they're keen to renew their deals but in football things change quickly but I hope for them to stay with us.

Totti also commented on his friend Gianluigi Buffon retiring

FT: Gigi is a champion. He is a great friend and is the best goalkeeper ever I don’t think anybody will ever compare to him he is phenomenal and he goes out where he belongs at the top. He is still the best goalkeeper in the world and to retire with the ability he has the game will miss him but I congratulate him on a fantastic career.
  • ale85bg
    Yes, yes, YES! Well done, great result... Allegri earned a lesson the hard way today... YES!
  • JoshDFC
    Yes, yes, YES! Well done, great result... Allegri earned a lesson the hard way today... YES!

nice to get a bit of revenge on them after they took the title :lol:
  • JoshDFC
    2whfjiq.png

The Serie A team of the season has been named.

Goalkeepers:
    Andrea Consigli P: 37 CL: 14
    RB
    Alessandro Florenzi P: 35 S: 2 A: 4
    CB
    Kostas Manolas P: 32 S: 0 A: 0
    Giorgio Chiellini P: 34 S: 3 A: 1
    LB
    Alex Sandro P 32 S: 9 A: 2
    CM
    Radja Nainggolan P: 35 S: 8 A: 4
    Claudio Marchisio P: 36 S: 2 A: 4
    Ever Banega P: 31 S: 13 A: 4
    RW
    Domenico Berardi P: 38 S: 13 A: 2
    ST
    Paulo Dybala P: 36 S: 13 A: 10
    LW
    Adem Ljajic P: 38 S: 14 A: 7

Other News:

Villarreal have won the Europa League after beating Manchester City 3-2 in the final. Sergio Aguero’s double wasn’t enough as goals from Bakambu, Gaspar and a late Pina strike winning the trophy for the Spanish side.

Real Madrid made it a double for Spain beating Tottenham Hotspur 1-0 in the Champions League final. Cristiano Ronaldo’s goal made it back to back successes for Zidane’s men.

• ale85bg
    Nice to see Villarreal win the Europa League... Real Madrid, on the other hand, is becoming a little boring :joy:
  • Greenman019
    Excellent win, congrats on the trophy. Good margin of victory as well. Sweet revenge :D

Few players in the TOTS as well, always nice.
  • JoshDFC
    Nice to see Villarreal win the Europa League... Real Madrid, on the other hand, is becoming a little boring :joy:

Pretty sure an Italian team almost knocked them out :disappointed:
    Excellent win, congrats on the trophy. Good margin of victory as well. Sweet revenge :D

Few players in the TOTS as well, always nice.

Nice platform for next season
  • JoshDFC
    2n0k8oy.png

AS Roma can confirm that Kevin Strootman, Kostas Manolas, Radja Nainggolan, Daniele De Rossi, Emerson and Sadiq Umar have all signed new deals with the club. Strootman, Manolas, Nainggolan, and De Rossi have all extended their current deals by one year whilst Sadiq Umar and Emerson have penned four year deals.

FT: We are delighted to agree these contracts. It was always my intention to leave contract negotiations until the summer because there are no distractions during the playing season. We can all go away for a few weeks recharge our batteries and prepare for the new season. We still have a few meetings with the board to see where we go from here but so far it has all been positive. I’m excited for next season.

In more news:
    Mohamed Salah has turned down a new contract at AS Roma and has said he wants a new challenge the Egypt international is likely to depart this summer but Totti is optimistic he can persuade him to stay

Franck Kessie, Alisson and Radamel Falcao have all been called up by their countries for this season’s confederations cup best of luck from everyone here at AS Roma.
  • Greenman019
    Nainggolan is one hell of a player, really rate him personally so good that he's renewed his contract. Bit of a shame that Salah wants out though.
  • JoshDFC
    Nainggolan is one hell of a player, really rate him personally so good that he's renewed his contract. Bit of a shame that Salah wants out though.

Shame about Salah but I have a few targets to replace him Nainggolan is world class