What are you listening to right now?

Comments

• Demon
    1262 posts Professional
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    edited April 2015
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    You never struck me as a Neil Young fan.

I enjoy his more political songs.
    I hate political music almost as much as I hate politics. :#

I just assumed you listened to musical scores and thematic soundtracks all day.
  • Chinny
    1713 posts Play-Off Hero
    df18d1827e64ef42f21bfddcfa2d407f.png
  • Tamerlane
    edited April 2015

Ray Davies the GOAT B)
  • Daniel
    1755 posts Play-Off Hero
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional

Isn't that what you're majoring in? I personally find politics fascinating but unfortunately the kind of politics that circulates popular discourse is usually nonsensical.

That has been the case for a long time but I recently decided to venture into the realm of rock music. I'm probably just discovering songs that you knew about when you were 12.
  • Tamerlane
    edited April 2015

Isn't that what you're majoring in? I personally find politics fascinating but unfortunately the kind of politics that circulates popular discourse is usually nonsensical.

That has been the case for a long time but I recently decided to venture into the realm of rock music. I'm probably just discovering songs that you knew about when you were 12.
    I was studying it, but that + living in DC made me detest it. I dropped it to do Econ & Math instead. My university would bring in politicians to speak and I got a bit sick of the soundbites from the speakers and the blind adherence to parties from their followers. I'll probably begin to appreciate it more once I grow out of my immaturity and move away from the capital.

If you need any pointers, I am your man. I have been living on rock music since I was about 6.
  • MR_AMAZiNG
    413 posts Sunday League Hero
    Chinny wrote: »
    df18d1827e64ef42f21bfddcfa2d407f.png

My boii Wiz.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional

I was studying it, but that + living in DC made me detest it. I dropped it to do Econ & Math instead. My university would bring in politicians to speak and I got a bit sick of the soundbites from the speakers and the blind adherence to parties from their followers. I'll probably begin to appreciate it more once I grow out of my immaturity and move away from the capital.

If you need any pointers, I am your man. I have been living on rock music since I was about 6.

I have no interest in the liberal representation of politics that is so prominent these days. That's just a popularity contest masquerading as politics. There's plenty of material that's a lot more analytical and just generally more interesting if you're willing to go beyond the surface.

I would consider that if I didn't know that you'd mock me endlessly for my obliviousness.
  • Tamerlane

I have no interest in the liberal representation of politics that is so prominent these days. That's just a popularity contest masquerading as politics. There's plenty of material that's a lot more analytical and just generally more interesting if you're willing to go beyond the surface.

I would consider that if I didn't know that you'd mock me endlessly for my obliviousness.
    If you have any material/websites that you could recommend I would be interested.

I will never mock anyone for seeing the light about rock.
  • dannyboy
    12828 posts Has That Special Something
  • nothing haha
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
  • benj
    2147 posts Fans' Favourite
    d105a613f10dfcdfcf2a26ad1052964f.png
  • Westy Brah
    10 posts Ball Boy
    edited April 2015

• Kaede