The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on Console & on PC and includes the changes listed here.

Team a or b? (elite teams)

OfficerJimlahey
1843 posts Play-Off Hero
edited January 2017
Hit a dilemma. I'm happy with my current team but my head has been turned by toty.

Here is my current team (team a)

______st Hazzard _____potm ibra

________________gullit______________

___kante____________________Pogba

_______________Pettit______________

__clichy___smalling____Desailly____Walker

Thinking of changing to this (team b)

_____toty Suarez_____potm ibra____

_______________rui Costa__________

____toty Iniesta______________Pogba

________________matic_____________

Aspilicueta___smalling_____bailly_____Walker

The defence has to be on the cheap side as it's the only way to afford everyone. It's a tough call to sell such a good team, what team would you go for?
Post edited by OfficerJimlahey on

Comments

• OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Getting rid of gullit is the main concern, he's been the best player I've use this year. I'm hoping if I switch Suarez will fill his boots as the main man but it's always a risk
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Cheeky bump before I go to bed. Any input is appreciated. Cheers
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Bump for the morning kru.
  • Milonair
    115 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    A
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Milonair wrote: »
    A

Why do you reckon that mate? It is tried and tested but I've had it for a while now. I'm literally 50/50
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    :(
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Ugh, come on man someone must have some input. Anyone used toty Suarez?
  • Gary3022
    919 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2017
    I'm using TOTY Suarez and he is pretty insane so it's definitely tough.

I'm assuming POTM Ibra has to be in there somewhere because of the price you've paid for him which kinda limits your options.

I also don't really see much room for improvement in your current squad which will probably become a problem pretty soon - there's nothing else you can really do with it other than maybe some high rated legends but i'm not on Xbox so not really in any position to advise on that front.

There's definitely room for improvement in that Suarez team and if you're bored of your current team or looking to try something new then you might as well.

And if it doesn't work out you could always just go back to your original team, although you'll lose a fair bit on tax in the process so that's something to think about before making any decision.
  • Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    A, midfield is much more important when you already have ST Hazard and POTM Ibra
  • Viggo 007 wrote: »
    A, midfield is much more important when you already have ST Hazard and POTM Ibra

• OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Gary3022 wrote: »
    I'm using TOTY Suarez and he is pretty insane so it's definitely tough.

I'm assuming POTM Ibra has to be in there somewhere because of the price you've paid for him which kinda limits your options.

I also don't really see much room for improvement in your current squad which will probably become a problem pretty soon - there's nothing else you can really do with it other than maybe some high rated legends but i'm not on Xbox so not really in any position to advise on that front.

There's definitely room for improvement in that Suarez team and if you're bored of your current team or looking to try something new then you might as well.

And if it doesn't work out you could always just go back to your original team, although you'll lose a fair bit on tax in the process so that's something to think about before making any decision.

Cheers for the insight. You could have made this much easier for me by lying and saying Suarez is broken. Lol.

Gullit is insane. Played 65 games, scored 37 assisted 38. Generally runs the midfield and is incredibly consistent and fun to use. It would pain me to get rid.

Hazzard has slowed down scoring a little which is adding to the Suarez argument. Also if I sell there is a chance I might not be able to get this team again due to tax loss.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Viggo 007 wrote: »

Good point, it's taken me ages to find a top team that I enjoy. I think this one plays so well due to, as you rightly say, the midfield.

Team b midfield wouldn't be any worse in terms of technicality but will suffer physically.

Still struggling to decide but cheers for the input.
  • EazyEden
    286 posts Sunday League Hero
    B
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    EazyEden wrote: »
    B

Why do you say that mate?
  • Boysie91
    10011 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2017
    TOTY Suarez was amazing in drafts i would buy him if i had the coins and TOTY Pique was a brick wall
  • TeamRem
    2341 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't you think you could get the most effective team by spending more on that defense? Sorry ignore this if you want I don't mean to sidetrack your original question.
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    TeamRem wrote: »
    Don't you think you could get the most effective team by spending more on that defense? Sorry ignore this if you want I don't mean to sidetrack your original question.

For me, personally, the gap between say smalling and Desailly for example, is not reflected in the price. As long as defenders are quick and strong they are capable of doing a job. it's very much a case of fulling in the spaces with cheap players I know I can rely on, leaving a much bigger budget for match winning attackers
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    TOTY Suarez was amazing in drafts i would buy him if i had the coins and TOTY Pique was a brick wall

Have you used gullit? I'm hoping Suarez will fill the void left by him
  • Boysie91
    10011 posts Has That Special Something
    TOTY Suarez is so strong he feels better then striker ronaldo but haven't had the chance to use Gullit as i only have 2.2 mill and play mainly drafts
  • OfficerJimlahey
    1843 posts Play-Off Hero
    Boysie91 wrote: »
    TOTY Suarez is so strong he feels better then striker ronaldo but haven't had the chance to use Gullit as i only have 2.2 mill and play mainly drafts

Think I'm just going to go for it. Can't take all this Suarez is quality talk. :D