Road to Elite part 1,2,3 and 4 (NEW!) [Written guide by a division 1 and Elite player]

Berhaninho
15 posts Ball Boy
edited January 2017
Hey guys, my name is Berhaninho, a divison 1 and Elite player. I'm working on a ongoing series to help people who feel like they're stuck and want to improve their game.
I started this series on reddit and a lot of people found it useful but I can't continue there because I write via an external site and a mod messaged me it wasn't allowed after the 3d article. I'm not doing this for financial gain or any sort of promo but If this is against the rules I apologize and consider this post not posted!
You can see the first 3 parts here:
https://nextlevelgamingblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/fifa-weekend-league-road-to-elite-part-1/
https://nextlevelgamingblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/15/fifa-weekend-league-road-to-elite-part-2/
https://nextlevelgamingblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/16/fut-weekend-league-road-to-elite-part-3/

Part 4 is the latest article of the series and can be read https://nextlevelgamingblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/20/fut-weekend-league-road-to-elite-part-4/
here!
Peace!
Post edited by Berhaninho on

Comments

• CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    Nice post ! Always nice to see fellow Elite players sharing their knowledge :wink:
  • CuteIsWhatIAim4
    8594 posts League Winner
    I disagree with the chemistry styles though. The full pace ones like Hunter or Catalyst are incredibly overrated. The best chemstyle for midfielders in the whole game is Engine. It gives a +10 boost on Balance, which is one of the most important stats in the game. There's nothing better for a CM or a CAM who has decent finishing and long shots anyway like TIF Eriksen for instance.
  • Dejamoo
    141 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Only thing missing is team mentality? Any thoughts?
    (Maybe it's dependant on opposition formation?)
  • Magoder
    592 posts An Exciting Prospect
    What team did you use for the WL, OP?
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    Yeah, we need more generic players playing 41212(2) Anti Football ftw.
  • BlitzersNL
    25004 posts Player of the Year

• Viggo 007
    12248 posts Has That Special Something
    You need to try De Rossi, that's the reason I use Serie A defence and not BPL, cause De Rossi is much better than Matic
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    another PTB tactics, stay back, stay back, no differences from the likes of the you-tubers.. monkey see monkey do
  • liuus86
    751 posts Semi-Pro
    Berhaninho wrote: »
    Hey guys, my name is Berhaninho, a divison 1 and Elite player. I'm working on a ongoing series to help people who feel like they're stuck and want to improve their game.
    I started this series on reddit and a lot of people found it useful but I can't continue there because I write via an external site and a mod messaged me it wasn't allowed after the 3d article. I'm not doing this for financial gain or any sort of promo but If this is against the rules I apologize and consider this post not posted!
    You can see the first 3 parts here:
    https://nextlevelgamingblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/13/fifa-weekend-league-road-to-elite-part-1/
    https://nextlevelgamingblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/15/fifa-weekend-league-road-to-elite-part-2/
    https://nextlevelgamingblog.wordpress.com/2017/01/16/fut-weekend-league-road-to-elite-part-3/

Peace!

nice guide mate..

just a question!in the mid range team with auba,
    do you still switch as 4 1 2 1 2 or do you keep it at 4321?
    If you switch, who are the cam and cdm?

And why people use 41212 more than 4321?
    any idea?
  • rankon.
    2245 posts Fans' Favourite
    Very nice guide, especially for beginners
  • Dejamoo wrote: »
    Only thing missing is team mentality? Any thoughts?
    (Maybe it's dependant on opposition formation?)
    I keep it on balanced, you can switch to attacking when behind than ultra attacking when still behind in the final 10 minutes. Avoid parking the bus, if you feel like your under heavy pressure and want your defenders to play a little deeper you can switch to defending.
    I disagree with the chemistry styles though. The full pace ones like Hunter or Catalyst are incredibly overrated. The best chemstyle for midfielders in the whole game is Engine. It gives a +10 boost on Balance, which is one of the most important stats in the game. There's nothing better for a CM or a CAM who has decent finishing and long shots anyway like TIF Eriksen for instance.
    I guess it's personal preference, I really like the speed boost and the shooting boost on my CMs since they pose more of a threat in front of goal and can rush to cover passing lanes faster.
    bigpokey24 wrote: »
    another PTB tactics, stay back, stay back, no differences from the likes of the you-tubers.. monkey see monkey do

It's a guide aimed on competitive play, 4-1-2-1-2 is the best formation in the game right now so that's what I'm talking about. Also having your wingbacks and CDM on stayback is hardly the same as parking the bus which I haven't even discussed.

Magoder wrote: »
    What team did you use for the WL, OP?

https://www.futbin.com/17/squad/1233374 switch to 4-1-2-1-2 in game
  • Denz
    2871 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice write up, using most of it already but it's a good read.

People give the formation a lot of hate but I find it very flexible. You can pretty much play any style with it you want. I find it the easiest to keep possession with whilst actually moving forward with the ball.
  • LittleAnt
    1201 posts Professional
    People will appreciate this but reality is a guide won't help much, you need to learn to be good yourself
  • not gonna be a scrub and switch formation in game.

i cba to change in game and set up all my player instructions again.

the players you have used in your 4321 could be used in any formation and if you are a half decent fifa player you should be getting Elite.

I have played everyweekend league so far, i have used, low rated, high rated, numerous different formations and players and guess what? i get around the same wins everyweek.

• Thamightyboro
    7695 posts League Winner
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    You need to try De Rossi, that's the reason I use Serie A defence and not BPL, cause De Rossi is much better than Matic

I still need to try him been using medel since day 1 who works brilliantly alongside marchisio in 4411 little pitbull is everywhere snapping away.
  • semia172
    2187 posts Fans' Favourite
    Nice effort but imo not everybody can hit elite, the game it's assisted, yes, and your article encourages people to focus on assistance (stay back, stay back. Etc) and that's the reason why this game gets boring and nobody plays football.
    You get the same playstyle over and over and that's just playing against AI, which is sad.
  • DeanoZoff
    4775 posts National Call-Up
    Oh great....

All we need is another influx of mugs that pause and change formation before a ball has even been kicked.

Go away
  • wroner
    33 posts Last Pick at the Park
    Nice !
    WANT MOAR !! :)
  • Samoook
    64 posts Park Captain
    Congratulations man. Interesting text, correct information and good intention to help who still has doubts. Keep on with the good work!
  • Denz wrote: »
    Nice write up, using most of it already but it's a good read.

People give the formation a lot of hate but I find it very flexible. You can pretty much play any style with it you want. I find it the easiest to keep possession with whilst actually moving forward with the ball.
    I agree, the diamond shaped midfield allows for very fluent passing and moving which is probably why it's the best formation right now. That being said, things that are considered tier 1 in competitive play always get a lot of hate, in every game :)

LittleAnt wrote: »
    People will appreciate this but reality is a guide won't help much, you need to learn to be good yourself
    To some extent that's true but guides can help a lot with the basics. A well-balanced squad, good custom tactics, player instructions and decent in game mechanics is something people can have trouble with hence why I'm writing this series.
    not gonna be a scrub and switch formation in game.

i cba to change in game and set up all my player instructions again.

the players you have used in your 4321 could be used in any formation and if you are a half decent fifa player you should be getting Elite.

I have played everyweekend league so far, i have used, low rated, high rated, numerous different formations and players and guess what? i get around the same wins everyweek.
    And how many wins do you get every week?
    Whatever works for you man, truth is a lot of people have trouble even qualifying for the Weekend League. If your hitting Elite on a consistent basis your far above the average FIFA player. The things I'm discussing in my series right now are there to help beginners/average players or players who feel like they are stuck. Later on in the series I'll discuss certain in-game mechanics that might help advanced players too. There's always more to be learned.
    Viggo 007 wrote: »
    semia172 wrote: »
    Nice effort but imo not everybody can hit elite, the game it's assisted, yes, and your article encourages people to focus on assistance (stay back, stay back. Etc) and that's the reason why this game gets boring and nobody plays football.
    You get the same playstyle over and over and that's just playing against AI, which is sad.

I do not focus on playing assisted at all since I haven't even touched in game mechanics like defending/attacking yet. The instructions to stay back are purely focussed on not creating huge gaps in your defence which every decent player will exploit as they will exploit you fully defending with the AI. I'll cover defending in this series too, you'll see letting the AI do everything isn't the way to go.

I still need to try him been using medel since day 1 who works brilliantly alongside marchisio in 4411 little pitbull is everywhere snapping away.
    I really liked Melo and Alan as Calcio A CDMs, I'll try De Rossi and Medel too.
    wroner wrote: »
    Nice !
    WANT MOAR !! :)
    Samoook wrote: »
    Congratulations man. Interesting text, correct information and good intention to help who still has doubts. Keep on with the good work!
    Thanks guys! Part 4 will be up probably today.

• DeanoZoff
    Beginners that want to get good at FIFA 17, should already have a decent understanding of football in general, relative to their age of course

I didn't watch countless Youtube videos and ask everybody what formation and custom tactics I should use. I experimented with different formations and tactics, while using player that I thought would work in that system. I ended up perfectly fine, div1 winner every year.

Now we just have a bunch of sheep following the same gameplan as their leaders. Hence why 75% of weekend league matches feel like you are facing the same opposition.
  • protzbischof
    3389 posts National Call-Up
    Giving mediocre players these tactics is not gonna help them. The only reason pro players get away with these narrow formations is because of their disgusting zig zag and L2+R2 face up dribbling abuse. You have to create space with these things, otherwise you wont find any space vs most opponents. The easiest way to expoit these players is using wide formations and make them suffer on the wings. Get a big striker and cross it in and make them cry.
  • DeanoZoff wrote: »
    Beginners that want to get good at FIFA 17, should already have a decent understanding of football in general, relative to their age of course

I didn't watch countless Youtube videos and ask everybody what formation and custom tactics I should use. I experimented with different formations and tactics, while using player that I thought would work in that system. I ended up perfectly fine, div1 winner every year.

Now we just have a bunch of sheep following the same gameplan as their leaders. Hence why 75% of weekend league matches feel like you are facing the same opposition.

Every competitive game has a metagame which means the majority of the players will play the squad/deck whatever that is viewed as the best/most effective. That's the nature of competitive games since there is 1 thing people like most: winning. If you figured everything out by yourself, good for you. Some people like to have a starting point which I'm offering via this guide.
  • DeanoZoff
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

Every competitive game has a metagame which means the majority of the players will play the squad/deck whatever that is viewed as the best/most effective. That's the nature of competitive games since there is 1 thing people like most: winning. If you figured everything out by yourself, good for you. Some people like to have a starting point which I'm offering via this guide.

There are MANY ways to win a game of FIFA mate. Turning more noobs into absolute sweatbuckets is not the help this community needs.
  • DeanoZoff wrote: »
    DeanoZoff wrote: »

There are MANY ways to win a game of FIFA mate. Turning more noobs into absolute sweatbuckets is not the help this community needs.

Huge difference between winning a game and making elite mate. There's ways to win division 4 and there's the optimal way. Also calling 95% of the elite and top 100 players sweatbuckets makes you sound salty as hell
  • bigpokey24
    4865 posts Big Money Move
    another noob tactics, switch 4321 to 41212 , set all defenders to stay back, do nothing wait for the AI to use Kante to intercept, and pace down and score.. then beat your chest you made ELite with one shot on goal PTB , low pressure and 10% possession , whereby 8% of the possession was obtained while dabbing

get this rubbish out of here.. all you jokers repeating the same contents over and over again
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16499 posts World Class
    Once again appreciate the effort but I have no time to change formation but I can see why everyone does it. Everybody wants to win everyone wants to play like a pro. The lack of squad creativity is gone out of the window thanks to pro players.
  • liuus86
    751 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2017
    well..why instead of changing formation people don't just use 2 real ST and a cam in the 4 1 2 12?

got it..for using martial as St
  • Pepe Le DiLzZ
    16499 posts World Class
    edited January 2017
    Can't believe changing players positions in game doesn't affect chemistry. It's getting tiresome seeing almost everyone I play on WL, start of 4321 change to 41212(2) bring on the relevant subs, put martial/ronaldo/Bale/Reus/ just to name a few up front. Ea may as well release RW/LW to ST cards to stop this madness or make chemistry go crazy where these players are affected by it. It's an exploit don't care how people see it.
  • Sykesy
    4458 posts National Call-Up
    Bookmarked this thread could be helpful