Is this the end of FIFA?

Comments

  • This game is the best FUT ever for me, FUT Champions and SBC are the best things they have ever done. In terms of gameplay it's also the best for me even with some of the bad stuff in it, with some tweaks it's undoubtedly the best gameplay ever....people are forgetting how bad past FIFAs actually were.

    Anyways I don't really mind the PTB, low pressure, counter attack etc because it's a competitive game mode and you can still overcome those things if you're good enough and adapt. The stuff that shouldn't be in the game at all is the delay, auto passing, established date on the screen etc, we have no control over that and can't do anything against it versus something like PTB/counter.

    I tend to agree. I don´t think gameplay was better in previous Fifas, but I think that the competition was easier which made the game more chilled and therefore more enjoyable (for casuals).

    But especially last year in the FUTTIES Cup you could see what happens if EA puts prizes on the line so I guess nobody was surprised how this year turned out.
  • EliteOJ
    627 posts An Exciting Prospect
    riskze wrote: »
    Spot on

    100%
  • Agent Murhawk
    9591 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »
    This game is the best FUT ever for me, FUT Champions and SBC are the best things they have ever done. In terms of gameplay it's also the best for me even with some of the bad stuff in it, with some tweaks it's undoubtedly the best gameplay ever....people are forgetting how bad past FIFAs actually were.

    Anyways I don't really mind the PTB, low pressure, counter attack etc because it's a competitive game mode and you can still overcome those things if you're good enough and adapt. The stuff that shouldn't be in the game at all is the delay, auto passing, established date on the screen etc, we have no control over that and can't do anything against it versus something like PTB/counter.

    Which is fine but you use those tactics like what's been said before and it's got you pele for your troubles which is awesome. Yes the ability you have will play a huge part but I'm drawing back again to my point if you have to play like that to earn some virtual currency and virtual cards then be my guest. I for one will never care that much that it negates fun for me
    I actually don't anymore and haven't for a while so you're wrong there. The only thing I did was play low pressure because I didn't want to get countered since I would have 60% possession and always be in the opponents third which left me exposed.

  • Maradona
    5497 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2017
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    It's not the game it's the community

    This. The community is absolutely toxic

    yea, and it's not healthy. game is absolutely materialistic...

    truth is, maybe players shouldn't be so expensive and impossible to get. the despair to get the coins make people do this absurd tactics... although these always happened, WL took it to another level.

    EA should do what they did in 14 with price ranges and make this market melt somehow...

    I'm SICK, really SICK of putting on twitch and seeing the streamers spank random players with Gullit or TOTY players and sit on their virtual thrones.
  • Azof
    21473 posts Club Captain
    Bad players making excuses for losing games






















    :trollface:
  • Agent Murhawk
    9591 posts League Winner
    Orison wrote: »
    But especially last year in the FUTTIES Cup you could see what happens if EA puts prizes on the line so I guess nobody was surprised how this year turned out.
    Doesn't seem like it :lol:
  • P1stolpete187
    6538 posts Big Money Move
    Ive only played 9 games this weekend its so boring facing the same teams and anti football tactics every game, i enjoy the competitiveness of the weekend league but the games are just so boring.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    Maradona wrote: »
    some people are getting hurt over WL... key is not caring, not being so competitive and cheap for the rewards... it's their problem if they do the dirty tactics. I know I don't...

    anyway, L2 shielding is way overused in WL... it's ridiculous, players look like crabs the whole game

    Jack Wilshire was easily holding off Vieira and Petit for a majority of the second loss I had referenced in the OP. Nothing I could do with them singlehandedly so when I bring a second over it leaves a gap and my opponent passes into the space.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    edited January 2017
    My problem with the game completely stems from not being able to find one because i'm a "loyal" player.

    When you search for minimum 15 minutes to find a game, your desire to play that particular game is almost zero. Then when something goes against you it makes it worse.

    I don't really particularly mind people playing PTB, counter attack whatever, and i know lucky bounces will happen for every player sometimes. But if PTB is in the game, there needs to be a counter to it in Fifa 17, because the way it is now is too strong

    ...and fix how goodthe AI is at tackling, intercepting.
  • Shaanxz
    24454 posts Club Captain
    My problem with the game completely stems from not being able to find one because i'm a "loyal" player.

    When you search for minimum 15 minutes to find a game, your desire to play that particular game is almost zero. Then when something goes against you it makes it worse.

    I don't really particularly mind people playing PTB, counter attack whatever, and i know lucky bounces will happen for every player sometimes. But if PTB is in the game, there needs to be a counter to it in Fifa 17, because the way it is now is too strong

    ...and fix how goodthe AI is at tackling, intercepting.
    Ea based the game on Leicester city
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    This game is the best FUT ever for me, FUT Champions and SBC are the best things they have ever done. In terms of gameplay it's also the best for me even with some of the bad stuff in it, with some tweaks it's undoubtedly the best gameplay ever....people are forgetting how bad past FIFAs actually were.

    Anyways I don't really mind the PTB, low pressure, counter attack etc because it's a competitive game mode and you can still overcome those things if you're good enough and adapt. The stuff that shouldn't be in the game at all is the delay, auto passing, established date on the screen etc, we have no control over that and can't do anything against it versus something like PTB/counter.

    I respect you tons. I have two questions for you though.

    How much money have you spent this year?

    If FUT Champs is in the game next year will you spend more or less than the answer to the first question?
  • DobbyDooDah
    5710 posts Big Money Move
    Primal wrote: »
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    coatsy2008 wrote: »
    We need a system that encourages attacking football.

    People always have done those tactics in FIFA though, just WL has made it more common.

    I don't agree with this though either. I've play 9,000 games over the last three years and I have basically never seen people in D1, the supposedly "most competitive" mode to this date, waste time from the 20th minute and shield the ball in the corner for 20 minutes of my life.

    This D1 players tend to have more bottle and actually want to play the game to have abit of fun. Not met many low pressure/ptb in it.

    Div 1 has become very light hearted and fun since Christmas. Played one last night after a Fut Champs run and the score was 6-4.

    The people in Div 1 no longer care that much as Fut Champs is the bread and butter for coins and packs. 15k isn't that much for 8-10 games, given you need 23 pts.
  • FLASHFLUSH1
    5602 posts Big Money Move
    Maybe have different rules for WL so you can't select UD and PTB or adjust pressure.

    Or another easy option reward goals. Give 100 coins per goal to encourage attacking play.
  • Orison
    76814 posts Icon
    edited January 2017
    Orison wrote: »
    But especially last year in the FUTTIES Cup you could see what happens if EA puts prizes on the line so I guess nobody was surprised how this year turned out.
    Doesn't seem like it :lol:

    I really don´t get why people are surprised. The chance to meet someone really good in the gold cup or online singles who then also wanted to win at all costs was like 1/100 in previous years. Now in FUT Champs everyone wants to win at all costs and the chance that you meet someone relatively good (especially when your skill rating is high) is more like 1/3. So it´s pretty natural that FUT Champs is a real grind.

    Btw that´s not me saying that I enjoy when someone shields the ball in the corner, that´s just me saying that I expected it :joy:
  • Maradona
    5497 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2017
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Maradona wrote: »
    some people are getting hurt over WL... key is not caring, not being so competitive and cheap for the rewards... it's their problem if they do the dirty tactics. I know I don't...

    anyway, L2 shielding is way overused in WL... it's ridiculous, players look like crabs the whole game

    Jack Wilshire was easily holding off Vieira and Petit for a majority of the second loss I had referenced in the OP. Nothing I could do with them singlehandedly so when I bring a second over it leaves a gap and my opponent passes into the space.

    but this is what the game needs, Pug...less of a gap in prices and skill between all game players.

    Jack Wilshere in real life is a decent player, although not as good as those you mentioned of course. But he's professional and there is game when he's on. No one should be unnatainable for the sake of EA getting our dollars, the price ranges worked and it was nice, most of the things were cheap. Now Nainggolan costs 45k and everyone is a psycho in WL...

    it's EA's fault really, most of the players are children or teens and it's obvious humans will be humans and fight for the rewards. Maybe the coins should be less valuable aka players cheaper.
  • CrewFc11
    171 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    They could discourage ptb teams by including goals scored or something like that as part of the rewards... for example if you score 30 goals over the weekend you get a gold pack, you score 70 goals you get mega rare pack or something... they need to make more incentive to play attacking style to get people out of the ptb
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    Maradona wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    It's not the game it's the community

    This. The community is absolutely toxic

    yea, and it's not healthy. game is absolutely materialistic...

    truth is, maybe players shouldn't be so expensive and impossible to get. the despair to get the coins make people do this absurd tactics... although these always happened, WL took it to another level.

    EA should do what they did in 14 with price ranges and make this market melt somehow...

    I'm SICK, really SICK of putting on twitch and seeing the streamers spank random players with Gullit or TOTY players and sit on their virtual thrones.

    I stream on Twitch but thank God you aren't triggered by me @Maradona because lately all I do is get ❤️❤️❤️❤️ on by the randos with my nice teams lmao.
  • Campino
    29873 posts National Team Captain
    @Agent Murhawk fair play then if you ditched those tactics
  • Antiversum
    5890 posts Big Money Move
    FIFA became from a game which I played mostly about 2hrs a day for years to a game I barely care about anymore.
    I have the lowest amount of coins I ever had by far (except my very first UT year). I opened WebApp to buy a few players to have 2 teams to play with in seasons/friendlies but then again I asked me: Why should I do this?
  • Maradona
    5497 posts Big Money Move
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    Maradona wrote: »
    Shaanxz wrote: »
    It's not the game it's the community

    This. The community is absolutely toxic

    yea, and it's not healthy. game is absolutely materialistic...

    truth is, maybe players shouldn't be so expensive and impossible to get. the despair to get the coins make people do this absurd tactics... although these always happened, WL took it to another level.

    EA should do what they did in 14 with price ranges and make this market melt somehow...

    I'm SICK, really SICK of putting on twitch and seeing the streamers spank random players with Gullit or TOTY players and sit on their virtual thrones.

    I stream on Twitch but thank God you aren't triggered by me @Maradona because lately all I do is get **** on by the randos with my nice teams lmao.

    I'm sorry, I forgot you stream and maybe have Gullit. But last night I saw Jarbas stream, he was good and all, real good. But he was spanking a team tht had Prones and Costa as standouts, subbing Gullit and using TOTY players... it's like using a cannon to kill a mosquito.
  • TOMMYxCOOPER
    4154 posts National Call-Up
    the weekend league is a nice feature for the very good players of this game...you guys should just enjoy it as the majority arnt good enough to ever play in it
    online divisions is always there anyway as a option or draft
  • Agent Murhawk
    9591 posts League Winner
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    This game is the best FUT ever for me, FUT Champions and SBC are the best things they have ever done. In terms of gameplay it's also the best for me even with some of the bad stuff in it, with some tweaks it's undoubtedly the best gameplay ever....people are forgetting how bad past FIFAs actually were.

    Anyways I don't really mind the PTB, low pressure, counter attack etc because it's a competitive game mode and you can still overcome those things if you're good enough and adapt. The stuff that shouldn't be in the game at all is the delay, auto passing, established date on the screen etc, we have no control over that and can't do anything against it versus something like PTB/counter.

    I respect you tons. I have two questions for you though.

    How much money have you spent this year?

    If FUT Champs is in the game next year will you spend more or less than the answer to the first question?
    I respect you too, you're a very nice dude.

    Anyways I spent $100 during the first weeks without FUT Champs so I could grind out draft.

    With FUT Champs I'll spend almost nothing since you can just build you're club up from there with the rewards.
  • Agent Murhawk
    9591 posts League Winner
    Campino wrote: »
    @Agent Murhawk fair play then if you ditched those tactics
    Yeah I play on 50-50 I think and love it, plus my defenders allow me to play higher pressure.
  • Matt_Cornwall
    3952 posts National Call-Up
    It's nice to know everyone is in the same boat. I had the urge yesterday just to spend my 2m coins on those 100k packs and just give up.

    I think part of my mood is the prices of elite players and that I stacked about 30 packs from SBC's and got no walk outs or anything. The price issue might be part to WL rewards and everyone wanting the best teams but it's really upsetting that non of the elite players look like they'll be even close to last years prices (which for me was the best part of FUT last year).
  • Not sure how many people remember me from FUT10 and going forward (haven't posted in quite some time), but I will throw in my opinion.

    This year's FIFA is disappointing. It's a toxic environment and the causes actually reach far beyond EA's control. I see this as more of a sign of the times.....we live in a world now where people will do anything to win, dignified or not. The fun for some people is how you got there and the fun for others is just the end result. Some of us see it as sickening, other people say "who cares I won". Some of us enjoy the build-up and scoring a brilliant finish that isn't rushing to the end-line and cutting back and then sitting back. Some of you are different.

    The truth is, those of us that enjoy a real game of football; a game of football minus the PTB, minus the low pressue chill on the 18, minus the AI defending that you rely on, minus the A defending, minus the only goals being scored are cutbacks, and minus the shielding, should be entitled to do so. I would propose that all of us who are fed-up, play each other and enjoy the game that way. We enjoyed it while it lasted and it's a sign of the times. EA has made the game that they believe appeals to the majority and I am sure it's paying off for them.

    On a programming note, the button lag is horrible, but likely to be fixed next year. People worried about the posting of your established date.....see above post stating how the majority of people act these days.....there's a need and a want to just make it as easy as possible on themselves.....why work for something?

    Two cents, take it for what it's worth.
  • Solomace
    460 posts Sunday League Hero
    the weekend league is a nice feature for the very good players of this game...you guys should just enjoy it as the majority arnt good enough to ever play in it
    online divisions is always there anyway as a option or draft

    This. I've not qualified once since it started and only get the chance to qualify when it's no requirements.

    This sounds a lot like 1st world problems as I and I guess a lot of people would love to be able to play in the WL.

    That said, the main issues I have is that you shouldn't be able to qualify over and over and once qualified that should be it. Didn't EA say they've added this mode to reward those who play the game? What they meant is to reward those that are excellent/very good at the game. I know the usual response is get better or tough you're not good enough to qualify, however it seems the whole point of the WL is to just let the best get better by giving them better players and giving them more money and for it to have a detrimental effect on the market and inflate players now to an unreasonable price and out of most peoples price range.

    I've been playing UT for 4 years and I've always gotten to Div 1 but I mainly hover around Div 3/4. This year I cannot break past Div 5 with me hovering around Div 6/7.

    For someone reason, this is the worse Fifa for me and I don't know if the matching up in seasons is just fubar or this is just the first Fifa gameplay that I cannot play.

    That said, I understand the frustration that the people playing WL have, but from an outsider kinda jealous of seeing all those people getting all those sweet players or coins to buy them, coupled with the fact that I've never seen the prices of players so high (always had enough coins for Suarez, Pogba, Bale etc), I for one think that with this new mode, it's definitely soured my fun of Fifa.

    Those people who are not happy, I would be interested in knowing what team you currently have. I'm sure it's 10 times better than most players who play Fifa, so I for one don't feel much sympathy for those not happy at the games they play in the WL.

    Just my farthings worth...


  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I am somewhat torn on this, tbh.

    On the one hand, the weekend league has added much needed depth to FIFA Ultimate Team. Same goes for SBCs. Yes, they might have increased prices, but the supply of coins has also increased. Trading for many, has been the easiest it has been in years (minus those 59 min guys, rip). Had they added nothing, I am sure that many (myself included) would be clamouring for new modes. They needed to add something to reward players, the weekend league is a decent proposal for that. SBC's have slacked off a little bit imo, they lack creativity at the moment. I expect much more than current offerings. At Least one good one a week imo.

    Bearing in mind, that this is it's first year. I didn't expect it to be perfect personally, although you think a company of EA's size would've been able to play test enough to iron out some of the server side issues.

    It's obvious the WL needs work, in fact I find the game play this year irritating tbh. I guess the combination of new engine and WL has created a bit of dud in gameplay terms. Saying that, when things run as they should, against a n opponent who has enough brain cells to contemplate attacking, it s actually a really enjoyable FIFA.

    I would say for the Weekend League, that these measures are imperative for FIFA 18: (Personally I think they should've been patched already, I find it so f******g annoying that EA literally has no presence when dealing with the consumer, other than of course sharing what others have packed, because we love that and it encourages further consumer fleecing).

    Some WL/gameplay changes:

    * Change matchmaking to H2H style. Game finds good ping opponents.
    *PTB and low pressure need reworking.
    *Formation change in first 30 minutes should be impossible.
    *No attribute cards.
    * No substitutions in first 30 minutes. ( I know that's odd, but the amount of people doing it is ridiculous. Needs to happen, or just remove chemistry).
    * Reduce the effectiveness of counter attacking. Particularly on set pieces.
    * Reduce defensive AI and auto tackling.



    Another issue, however, is whatever you do, the community will find a way to get the win even if it is a race to the bottom of game mechanics. It's sad, but true. People won't play what constitutes football if it means they get a win.
  • AnDrEwThEdOn
    17270 posts World Class
    Pugzilla wrote: »
    This game is the best FUT ever for me, FUT Champions and SBC are the best things they have ever done. In terms of gameplay it's also the best for me even with some of the bad stuff in it, with some tweaks it's undoubtedly the best gameplay ever....people are forgetting how bad past FIFAs actually were.

    Anyways I don't really mind the PTB, low pressure, counter attack etc because it's a competitive game mode and you can still overcome those things if you're good enough and adapt. The stuff that shouldn't be in the game at all is the delay, auto passing, established date on the screen etc, we have no control over that and can't do anything against it versus something like PTB/counter.

    I respect you tons. I have two questions for you though.

    How much money have you spent this year?

    If FUT Champs is in the game next year will you spend more or less than the answer to the first question?
    I respect you too, you're a very nice dude.

    Anyways I spent $100 during the first weeks without FUT Champs so I could grind out draft.

    With FUT Champs I'll spend almost nothing since you can just build you're club up from there with the rewards.

    Get a room
  • coatsy2008 wrote: »
    I am somewhat torn on this, tbh.

    On the one hand, the weekend league has added much needed depth to FIFA Ultimate Team. Same goes for SBCs. Yes, they might have increased prices, but the supply of coins has also increased. Trading for many, has been the easiest it has been in years (minus those 59 min guys, rip). Had they added nothing, I am sure that many (myself included) would be clamouring for new modes. They needed to add something to reward players, the weekend league is a decent proposal for that. SBC's have slacked off a little bit imo, they lack creativity at the moment. I expect much more than current offerings. At Least one good one a week imo.

    Bearing in mind, that this is it's first year. I didn't expect it to be perfect personally, although you think a company of EA's size would've been able to play test enough to iron out some of the server side issues.

    It's obvious the WL needs work, in fact I find the game play this year irritating tbh. I guess the combination of new engine and WL has created a bit of dud in gameplay terms. Saying that, when things run as they should, against a n opponent who has enough brain cells to contemplate attacking, it s actually a really enjoyable FIFA.

    I would say for the Weekend League, that these measures are imperative for FIFA 18: (Personally I think they should've been patched already, I find it so f******g annoying that EA literally has no presence when dealing with the consumer, other than of course sharing what others have packed, because we love that and it encourages further consumer fleecing).

    Some WL/gameplay changes:

    * Change matchmaking to H2H style. Game finds good ping opponents.
    *PTB and low pressure need reworking.
    *Formation change in first 30 minutes should be impossible.
    *No attribute cards.
    * No substitutions in first 30 minutes. ( I know that's odd, but the amount of people doing it is ridiculous. Needs to happen, or just remove chemistry).
    * Reduce the effectiveness of counter attacking. Particularly on set pieces.
    * Reduce defensive AI and auto tackling.



    Another issue, however, is whatever you do, the community will find a way to get the win even if it is a race to the bottom of game mechanics. It's sad, but true. People won't play what constitutes football if it means they get a win.

    @coatsy2008 what I find astounding is that as you said this is the first year on a new engine and we get less patches than last year. If anything I expected a ton of patches to deal with problems occuring on the "first try" in Fifa with that engine.
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    I find the lack of patches appalling too tbh. Some of the issues in September are still there. People put hundreds in to this game, yet they get no consumer support.

    Crazy.
Sign In or Register to comment.