OT- Paul Gascoigne back in rehab

L4MP5
176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
edited January 2017
Curious what the rest of you think about his whole situation. Legend for this country but how many chances does gazza really deserve? Is he a lost cause and is dying the only way he will ever escape his demons

Such a shame

Comments

• DarthGrowler
    16165 posts World Class
    That does sound very bad. Perhaps you could reword that to make yourself look like less of a [email protected]
  • L4MP5
    176 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    That does sound very bad. Perhaps you could reword that to make yourself look like less of a [email protected]

Reworded because apparently I sounded like a ❤️❤️❤️❤️ [email protected] That easier for you to read now?
  • baggieboy999
    77 posts Park Captain
    Always be a legend in my eyes for ' that ' goal against Scotland . All his mates abandoned him when he hit hard times . Watched an interview with him once , he said from 7 he skipped school almost everyday and kicked a tennis ball against a wall . And football was all he had ever known or had ever learned . Get well soon
  • Dodds
    9091 posts League Winner
    It's not fair the way certain papers and media shadow him to get him at his worst.

• Michael LFC 96
    3711 posts National Call-Up
    Probably is better off not being alive tbh, putting it bluntly. No family bother with him, no job opportunities available, got attacked last week, in and out of rehab (more in than out).

That's no life.
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    edited January 2017
    Not gonna lie I remember him most for Raoul Moat.

What a bizarre series of events that was.
  • Uberman
    15740 posts World Class
    Peter wrote: »
    Not gonna lie I rememver him most for Raoul Moat

• Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class
    Always be a legend in my eyes for ' that ' goal against Scotland . All his mates abandoned him when he hit hard times . Watched an interview with him once , he said from 7 he skipped school almost everyday and kicked a tennis ball against a wall . And football was all he had ever known or had ever learned . Get well soon

Unfortunately that is the way some people treat people struggling regardless of if they are famous or not.

A similar story from over here in the States involves one of the greatest offensive lineman in History Mike Webster. He played 20+ years in the league and won a bunch of Super Bowls with the Steelers. He sustained heavy concussions and after he left the league went crazy because of the head trauma. Lived in a van for a while and pulled all of his teeth out with plyers before eventually shooting himself in the head with a shotgun. No one even really knew how bad he was suffering until it was too late.

• BrentfordFC
    13437 posts Has That Special Something

Absolute legend for that :joy:
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year

Absolute legend for that :joy:

14 lines of coke - check
    Chicken - check
    Fishing rod - check
    Turning up to a police standoff with a gun weilding maniac - check
  • coatsy
    32197 posts National Team Captain
    He will be gone soon.
  • HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    edited January 2017
    Pugzilla wrote: »

Unfortunately that is the way some people treat people struggling regardless of if they are famous or not.

A similar story from over here in the States involves one of the greatest offensive lineman in History Mike Webster. He played 20+ years in the league and won a bunch of Super Bowls with the Steelers. He sustained heavy concussions and after he left the league went crazy because of the head trauma. Lived in a van for a while and pulled all of his teeth out with plyers before eventually shooting himself in the head with a shotgun. No one even really knew how bad he was suffering until it was too late.

Pretty sure he died of a heart attack

And I don't think Gazza will ever clean himself up tbh, too trusting a person and will always be taken advantage of.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class

And I don't think Gazza will ever clean himself up tbh, too trusting a person and will always be taken advantage of.

I'm gonna check. You may be right.
  • Pugzilla
    17329 posts World Class

Well I'll be damned but you were right about Webster's death. Sad story either way.
  • Danz80
    356 posts Sunday League Hero
    Amazed he survived 2016 if I'm honest..always liked Gazza but he's a tortured soul..
  • PochBall
    17397 posts World Class
    Always loved Gazza, what i'd give for a legend card, so so sad to see :(
  • TheMenezLover
    1781 posts Play-Off Hero
    So sad to see him like this. I heard that he was involved in an accident (he was playing football in the street with another boy and this boy got knocked down) and gazza blamed himself for it and was really traumatised by it. Felt sorry for him since I heard about that...