2016 Career Mode Stories Awards

Comments

  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    You'll need a list of nominated people/stories for this to work too

    Yeah, that's my plan.
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Aaaand... What about stories from FIFA 14 and 13? Is there a way to have them back for comparison purposes?
    I started following this section with FIFA 15 and I believe I first posted here when FIFA 16 was released, so I might have missed all those old stories apart from a couple of them by Kyle, Ashy and... fredbroganjr.

    I forgot those were all offline now. We'll have to think about what to do about that. It could be we do need to limit voting to slightly older users but I'd rather not do that if possible.
  • Ashy
    9285 posts League Winner
    Most people that are active here won't even know some of the stories before FIFA 12/13 unless there is a way to link them and view it, also how many old school members are actually active that will be voting, I probably could count that on one hand, unless they all return to vote
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    Most people that are active here won't even know some of the stories before FIFA 12/13 unless there is a way to link them and view it, also how many old school members are actually active that will be voting, I probably could count that on one hand, unless they all return to vote

    Yeah, there is a lot to iron out before the summer.


    In other news, I can announce the awards will start at 7:30pm GMT tomorrow evening. :)
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Alastair wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Most people that are active here won't even know some of the stories before FIFA 12/13 unless there is a way to link them and view it, also how many old school members are actually active that will be voting, I probably could count that on one hand, unless they all return to vote

    Yeah, there is a lot to iron out before the summer.


    In other news, I can announce the awards will start at 7:30pm GMT tomorrow evening. :)

    I will be there with my date as usual. Bringing Michelle Obama again this year.
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Kyle wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Most people that are active here won't even know some of the stories before FIFA 12/13 unless there is a way to link them and view it, also how many old school members are actually active that will be voting, I probably could count that on one hand, unless they all return to vote

    Yeah, there is a lot to iron out before the summer.


    In other news, I can announce the awards will start at 7:30pm GMT tomorrow evening. :)

    I will be there with my date as usual. Bringing Michelle Obama again this year.

    Hopefully you win an award so she will once again have a powerful man in her life. :sunglasses:
  • Wyojasond
    10849 posts Has That Special Something
    Kyle wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Most people that are active here won't even know some of the stories before FIFA 12/13 unless there is a way to link them and view it, also how many old school members are actually active that will be voting, I probably could count that on one hand, unless they all return to vote

    Yeah, there is a lot to iron out before the summer.


    In other news, I can announce the awards will start at 7:30pm GMT tomorrow evening. :)

    I will be there with my date as usual. Bringing Michelle Obama again this year.

    I was going to post a picture of my planned date again, but then I realized the girl was almost 14 years younger than me and thought better of it. Didn't want to venture into the land of the creepy old guy :D
  • JamieC
    794 posts Semi-Pro
    I was going to post a picture of my planned date again, but then I realized the girl was almost 14 years younger than me and thought better of it. Didn't want to venture into the land of the creepy old guy :D

    I was going to say that with the "daddy" craze to just say you brought your daughter, but with what she might say before the "daddy" bit, probably best not to :joy:
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Here is your 1 hour 41 minute warning for the awards. I hope you've all got your tuxedos on and are ready for a glitzy night at your computer. :)
  • Wyojasond
    10849 posts Has That Special Something
    Look forward to seeing y'all tonight! Some great stories to choose from.

    rs_500x271-140110145257-Kristen-Wiig-Will-Ferrell-Golden-Globes.gif
  • Ashy
    9285 posts League Winner
    edited January 2017
    Walking in like
    qUDIQwQ.gif
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »
    Walking in like
    qUDIQwQ.gif

    Let's see if you're walking out like that...
  • Ashy
    9285 posts League Winner
    edited January 2017
    Alastair wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »
    Walking in like
    qUDIQwQ.gif

    Let's see if you're walking out like that...
    Definitely not, not going to win much this time, nowhere near as many as last year. Hopefully I get a few votes for Graphics (Although I saw better from someone else, I voted for them), most consistent writer and best opening post maybe, my last Arsenal one took me ages :D Hopefully some of you will want to punch me too haha

    EDIT:
    #1 37 votes last year, if I'm lucky I'll get a 1/3 of that
    #2 21 votes at the end of Fifa 16
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Hello everybody! This is ale85bg entering the place.
    Ashy wrote: »
    Hopefully I get a few votes for Graphics (Although I saw better from someone else, I voted for them), most consistent writer and best opening post maybe, my last Arsenal one took me ages :D
    Yeah, seeing the final result I have no doubt it took you one and a half life... I'd be glad to have you as my successor in the "Best opening post" award indeed: break a leg, man!
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    mattsmith.gif

    Hello.
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Dean wrote: »
    mattsmith.gif

    Hello.

    You're meant to leave drunk, not arrive drunk...
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    It's 7:30 so as Pink once said, Let's get this party started.
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Best Opening Post
    Says it all. Pick the best opening post out of everyone's threads. There are many in contention. Some out there show amazing work, amazing style and an OP that just seems to work well.

    =1. @Ashy - 6 votes
    =2. @Wyojasond, @DiffidatiRoma - 2 vote
    NHK0xbZ.png
  • Ashy
    9285 posts League Winner
    Yeea it paid off thanks for the votes :)
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Most Consistent Career Mode Writer
    This is the award for the author who always does a good thread. Always a top notch one. Key word: ALWAYS. This writer however doesn't need to be the most popular writer with the most readers, just someone who puts in the effort everyday.

    =1. @Ale85bg - 6 votes
    =2. @Wyojasond - 2 votes
    =3. @Greenman019, @Ashy - 1 vote
    CWJdjSP.png
  • Ashy
    9285 posts League Winner
    Well deserved @ale85bg never a drop off in quality
  • JamieC
    794 posts Semi-Pro
    edited January 2017
    Well done @ale85bg :smiley:
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Thanks everyone... I love you! <3
    Hopefully this will add consistency to our results too as they've always been too mixed. Oh wait, that's not the "consistency" you were talking about, is it? :joy:

    Thank you everyone again! <3
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Best Newcomer
    Who is you favourite new person? Many are horrible and spam but we occasionally get a nice person along to the forums. This is a good category for old boys to vote in. Anyone who joined during or since September 2015 is eligible for this award.

    =1. @JamieC - 4 votes
    =2. @subpop - 3 votes
    qpuTP9w.png
  • JamieC
    794 posts Semi-Pro
    Yay! <3

    Thank you1 <3

    I'm hoping to go after that longest career save >:3
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    Alastair wrote: »
    Dean wrote: »
    mattsmith.gif

    Hello.

    You're meant to leave drunk, not arrive drunk...

    You're talking to a Scot.
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Funniest Member
    Who makes you and your computer laugh? There are some good 'uns on here and who will win?

    =1. @Wyojasond - 5 votes
    =2. @Virtual_K - 3 votes
    =3. @ale85bg, @Kyle - 1 vote
    qOlgt7Y.png
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Dean wrote: »
    Alastair wrote: »
    Dean wrote: »
    mattsmith.gif

    Hello.

    You're meant to leave drunk, not arrive drunk...

    You're talking to a Scot.

    Good point, I forgot you've not been sober in the last 20 years.
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Congratulations to all the winners so far.

    @JamieC Congratulations, your win is a victory for non-league football. :smiley:
  • Ashy
    9285 posts League Winner
    Congrats JamieC good luck going for that 15 year career it's near impossible haha, I think Jason's journals earned him that that award they are brilliant
  • JamieC
    794 posts Semi-Pro
    Alastair wrote: »
    Congratulations to all the winners so far.

    @JamieC Congratulations, your win is a victory for non-league football. :smiley:

    Hooray for Non-League! :smiley:
    Ashy wrote: »
    Congrats JamieC good luck going for that 15 year career it's near impossible haha, I think Jason's journals earned him that that award they are brilliant

    I can at least try :joy:
Sign In or Register to comment.