Help a struggling old timer with his Fifa squad!

DWR
361 posts Sunday League Hero
Hi All

Played Fifa since the early 90's and grown increasingly frustrated year on year with FUT. Loved 2010 (was still on the PES hype in 2009) and slowly but surely grown to hate it whilst still being stupidly addicted to it.

I've tried 4-1-2-1-2 (got destroyed in midfield), 4-2-3-1 (striker was isolated and I could create chances), 4-4-2 (horrendous), 4-3-1-2 (my best yet got to division 2 until the wheels fell off now back in 5) and now I'm on the 4-3-2-1 hype. Not sure how I feel about it yet but won a couple of games recently.

I have 210,000 to spend the this current team:

Butland

Bellerin Koscielny Smalling Rose

Can Kante Rooney

Mahrez Martial

Vardy

I was thinking of splashing it all on Hazard and Dembele to replace Martial and Can. Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

  • JoresOkore5
    1311 posts Professional
    SIF Benteke in place of Vardy
  • Retodd33
    351 posts Sunday League Hero
    SIF Benteke is a great shout. He's a beast. You sticking with BPL?
  • DWR
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    I did fancy IF Benteke so SIF may be a shout. Be nice to have someone who can actually win a header!!

    Not convinced by BPL but it seems to be the go to this year. Cheap, solid players. And if Musa tears me apart one more time I may stick to clubs.
  • JoresOkore5
    1311 posts Professional
    He's great, doesn't get knocked off the ball, wins everything in the air and great finishing

    I think Dembele is a good idea too like you said :)
  • DWR wrote: »
    And if Musa tears me apart one more time I may stick to clubs.

    Don't worry it happens to us all...
  • DWR
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    What about SIF Benteke and Dembele going back to a 4-3-1-2? Would leave me around 50k for a decent CAM?
  • MAStrange
    578 posts Sunday League Hero
    DWR wrote: »
    Hi All

    Played Fifa since the early 90's and grown increasingly frustrated year on year with FUT. Loved 2010 (was still on the PES hype in 2009) and slowly but surely grown to hate it whilst still being stupidly addicted to it.

    I've tried 4-1-2-1-2 (got destroyed in midfield), 4-2-3-1 (striker was isolated and I could create chances), 4-4-2 (horrendous), 4-3-1-2 (my best yet got to division 2 until the wheels fell off now back in 5) and now I'm on the 4-3-2-1 hype. Not sure how I feel about it yet but won a couple of games recently.

    I have 210,000 to spend the this current team:

    Butland

    Bellerin Koscielny Smalling Rose

    Can Kante Rooney

    Mahrez Martial

    Vardy

    I was thinking of splashing it all on Hazard and Dembele to replace Martial and Can. Any other suggestions?

    Thanks in advance.

    I was in a similar position to yourself a few weeks ago and I would start by replacing your full backs, Walker particularly is a huge upgrade than Bellerin I found.

    If you can pull together another £50k it might be worth replacing your left side, Kos/Rose/Can and replace with Boateng/Alaba/Sanchez

    I wouldn't suggest changing Martial as he's the most OP player in the game!
  • JoresOkore5
    1311 posts Professional
    DWR wrote: »
    What about SIF Benteke and Dembele going back to a 4-3-1-2? Would leave me around 50k for a decent CAM?

    Sounds good, maybe IF Lallana? Or IF Alli if he drops a bit next week?
  • DWR
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Thanks for the replies.

    SIF Benteke, Dembele and waiting for IF Alli to drop it is back into a 4-3-1-2.
  • IDARYL
    5641 posts Big Money Move
    Hazard doesn't replace martial....lol
  • Muzza11
    8434 posts League Winner
    Keep Martial 100%

    Play different in this game, pass patiently and eventually the opposition will have no clue what is going on. use RB and pass at the right situation as this can really help your game
  • DWR
    361 posts Sunday League Hero
    Muzza11 wrote: »
    Keep Martial 100%

    Play different in this game, pass patiently and eventually the opposition will have no clue what is going on. use RB and pass at the right situation as this can really help your game

    Thanks for the advice.

    Always been a fan of the RB passing however it just doesn't seen as effective for me this year. 9/10 it'll pass to the closest man rather than the pass I'm intending.

    I may go 4-1-2-1-2 with Martial LM.
Sign In or Register to comment.