OT: Should I go to Dublin next week

PassingThoughts
532 posts An Exciting Prospect
Been given Monday-Friday off next week and feel as though I should do something fun with the time off before I go back to uni.
Coming from fairly up north and will be easy to get to Leeds/Bradford airport for the flights which are £44 return, and 3 nights hotel for £150.

Anyone with any input or places to visit? Other than the Guinness factory

Comments

• Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    Nah, Dublin's overrated imo
  • PureFramez
    3628 posts National Call-Up
    Was there for a School Trip, it's a very nice City! The Subway Cookies were really cheap there haha :D we've been to the wicklow Mountains, was an amazing View from the top.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    There's a pretty cool prison in Dublin you can visit though
  • bromerboi
    119 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    You'd prob get mugged by a junkie.go to Cork city the real capital
  • PassingThoughts
    Hmmm, not great things yet but I'm definitely tempted, anywhere else people would recommend?
  • Rippa
    1638 posts Play-Off Hero
    Yes
  • LiamSully
    6359 posts Big Money Move
    I did long weekend in Barca for my birthday few years back, was great, touristy stuff during the day, exploring the bars at night

I'd def recommend it and it was fairly cheap too
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    No, come to the US for a week and go to NYC or Vegas or Miami. Go big or go home. :)
  • Dawud
    16004 posts World Class
    No, come to the US for a week and go to NYC or Vegas or Miami. Go big or go home. :)

Westside or Eastside?
  • MaddMike3711
    10971 posts Has That Special Something
    edited January 2017
    Dawud wrote: »

Westside or Eastside?
    Well East Coast would be NYC/ATL/Miami, and in the West you have cities like LA/Seattle/San Diego/ Vegas (not on the coast but I still consider it West Coast).
    The US is just a great place to visit in general, its huge and has such a diverse climate, foods, music scenes, etc. It has something for everyone. :)
    If you want to go to a beach, you can go to Miami, and then just a few hour plane ride and you are in NYC with some of the best shopping and one of the best cities in the world. It really is great. :)

Edit: and I live pretty smack dab in the middle, in the Midwest. :D
  • Dec_Bur
    812 posts Semi-Pro
    I'm from Dublin, place is full of Junkies and homeless folk, horrible at the moment, if I were you I'd do the Guinness factory and kilmainham jail, after that I'd try hit glendalough and newGrange is pretty neat too
  • PassingThoughts
    Dec_Bur wrote: »
    I'm from Dublin, place is full of Junkies and homeless folk, horrible at the moment, if I were you I'd do the Guinness factory and kilmainham jail, after that I'd try hit glendalough and newGrange is pretty neat too

Thanks, I checked out the jail, seems steeped in history, I'm a little Irish myself my name is Doherty. Dublin sounds like home to me haha. Shall check out those other two places anyways
  • Carlton_Legend
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    Dublin is awesome, the live music in Gogarty's & The Auld Dubliner is different class. Get yourself there mate, let your hair down & enjoy a proper pint of Guinness for me
  • collie_96
    1305 posts Professional

Dublin is awesome, the live music in Gogarty's & The Auld Dubliner is different class. Get yourself there mate, let your hair down & enjoy a proper pint of Guinness for me

€7 for pints around temple bar :D

I'd recommend coming to Dublin if you've never been before, just avoid the tourist traps like temple bar and you'll be fine, also if anyone even looks to be on gear don't make eye contact, they may ask you for change for a hostel :p

• Carlton_Legend
    310 posts Sunday League Hero
    collie_96 wrote: »

I'd recommend coming to Dublin if you've never been before, just avoid the tourist traps like temple bar and you'll be fine, also if anyone even looks to be on gear don't make eye contact, they may ask you for change for a hostel :p

Expensive, but a quality night
    Yolo
  • Florianr104
    4303 posts National Call-Up
    LiamSully wrote: »
    I did long weekend in Barca for my birthday few years back, was great, touristy stuff during the day, exploring the bars at night

I'd def recommend it and it was fairly cheap too

The nightlife is the best.
  • Bob_Dylan
    19409 posts World Class
    collie_96 wrote: »

Standard price here :/