OT: Planning a trip to Madrid and London!

TonyPicasso
469 posts An Exciting Prospect
Happy New Year everyone! Not FIFA related but with the amount of people on here I felt like it was a great place to gather suggestions for what and where I should go with the Mrs. when we travel to Madrid and London in early March. We are both 26 and of course only one of us is football mad haha feel free to suggest anything that you enjoyed while visiting or if you're a local anything you think is a must-do while there!

Thanks for the help in advance and have a lovely and healthy 2017!

Comments

• HolgerBadstuber
    5212 posts Big Money Move
    Natural history museum in London is amazing
  • Realist
    3017 posts National Call-Up
    I know this may be more up your street than hers but try and catch a game at the bernabeau or Calderon. Me and my mates went to see leti play and the atmosphere was brilliant. We got tickets earlier that day as well.
  • TonyPicasso
    Realist wrote: »
    I know this may be more up your street than hers but try and catch a game at the bernabeau or Calderon. Me and my mates went to see leti play and the atmosphere was brilliant. We got tickets earlier that day as well.

Didn't want to bore anyone with the details but we do have Real Madrid vs Las Palmas on the 12th planned! She countered that with a trip to the Harry Potter Studio Tour hahaha so it evens out
  • cule54
    679 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Walk around Madrid Rio, its a beautiful park right next to El Calderon where Atleti plays so you can see the stadium and one of the most beautiful parks in Madrid in one go.
  • Realist
    3017 posts National Call-Up
    edited January 2017
    Realist wrote: »

Didn't want to bore anyone with the details but we do have Real Madrid vs Las Palmas on the 12th planned! She countered that with a trip to the Harry Potter Studio Tour hahaha so it evens out

Good call.

For what it's worth I did the Harry Potter tour with the wife as well and I found it pretty decent lol.
  • WFCBagnall
    71199 posts Moderator
    cule54 wrote: »
    Walk around Madrid Rio, its a beautiful park right next to El Calderon where Atleti plays so you can see the stadium and one of the most beautiful parks in Madrid in one go.

There's a huge park aswell I'd say in the middle between Atleti and Real, On the main bus route by the bank. Lovely.
  • TonyPicasso
    cule54 wrote: »

Definitely doing this, won't be able to see Atleti play it but being by the stadium will be enough for me. Plus I think it's close to the royal palace and some museums she may want to see.

• Crystal-dan1
    65 posts Park Captain
    Go on London eye on the south bank, theres loads of restraunts and bars on the south bank once youve done that too. If youve got money eat in the shard restaurant, 2nd tallest building in europe (i think) $$$ but life experience
  • TonyPicasso
    Awesome ideas so far, thanks gents! Didn't realize there were bars and restaurants at the South Bank, going to have to make time to stick around there after we see the Eye.

At the moment we are in Madrid for 4 days, then possibly Barcelona for 2, then 4 more days in London before we make our way back to Madrid to head home. Any suggestions are welcome!
  • Peter
    26887 posts Player of the Year
    Go to an underground grime gig
  • London is utter trash and the people are rude, don't bother
  • TonyPicasso
    Peter wrote: »
    Go to an underground grime gig

Noted!

London is utter trash and the people are rude, don't bother

Duly noted! :D
  • Cheetah Thumbs
    4385 posts National Call-Up
    Skip Madrid and go to Barcelona.
  • Kove
    4078 posts National Call-Up
    Are you only going to London?

There is all sort of stuff to do in the UK generally - the Lake District, Stonehenge, The Roman Baths, Windsor Castle, Cotswolds etc etc.

Other than that - The Tower, London Eye, Hyde Park, Stadium tours, Harrods, Oxford Circus, Portobello Road
  • Choepiechakie
    31675 posts National Team Captain
    Skip Madrid and skip Barcelona.

And go to Sevilla
  • TonyPicasso
    Kove wrote: »
    Are you only going to London?

There is all sort of stuff to do in the UK generally - the Lake District, Stonehenge, The Roman Baths, Windsor Castle, Cotswolds etc etc.

Other than that - The Tower, London Eye, Hyde Park, Stadium tours, Harrods, Oxford Circus, Portobello Road

Negative, we are flying into Madrid for 3 nights, taking the train to Barcelona for 2, then flying to London for 4 nights, then heading back to Madrid to head home.

Thanks for the suggestions, we are in the process of making reservations and booking tours and completely forgot Stonehenge! So far for London we have the London Pass and all that it entails (which covers stadiums), the changing of the guard, and reservations for tea (her idea) at Muriel's and drinks at a drinks at a Gin bar in South Kensington.

Skip Madrid and skip Barcelona.

And go to Sevilla

Bahaha can't skip either as the hotels are booked, but Sevilla could be a day trip as I don't think Madrid will take all the long to cover. Anything in particular you'd recommend there?
  • Marleigh
    2209 posts Fans' Favourite
    Off topic posts aren't allowed in FUT GD
This discussion has been closed.