2016 Career Mode Stories Awards

Alastair
9989 posts Moderator
edited May 2017
orpMowu.png

Well, what a year it has been. During the year we saw a thread almost hit the fifteen season landmark for the first time and I'm sure if won't be long till we see that figure surpassed. Other highlights during the year saw a story reach 100 pages and a DTL reach 200 pages. Whilst these are not all-time record, they are the most successful threads since the old EAUK forum days in 2010.

The CMS Fantasy Premier League for 2015/16 was won by @Sloosh, however he hasn't started this season so well and currently sits 10th with 793 points. @Zz CLUBLEY zZ is currently in first place with 898 points, @Chris is second with 890 and @Ahmer50x third with 888 points. However with three people being within 20 points of Ben and 9 within 100 everything is all still to play for.

Whilst FIFA 16 was a fairly quiet year on the forums, FIFA 17 has been more active. The new Journey mode and the new Total Club Management and Financial System features in Career Mode might be part of the reason behind this increase in activity but the high quality of threads from regular users is also likely to have played a part in encouraging newer users to start threads.

FIFA 17 marks 10 years of Career Mode stories so later on in the year we will not only have the traditional End of Game awards but the anniversary awards, previously seen at the end of FIFA 12 to mark 5 years of Career Mode stories, will make their return.

Every year we finish with the forum awards so with out further ado let the awards begin.

Even though we had awards at the end of FIFA 16, all threads during 2016 are eligible for these awards.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank @ale85bg for all his help with the graphics for this thread.
Post edited by Alastair on

Comments

• Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    The Awards
    Best Opening Post - Says it all. Pick the best opening post out of everyone's threads. There are many in contention. Some out there show amazing work, amazing style and an OP that just seems to work well.

Most Consistent Career Mode Writer - This is the award for the author who always does a good thread. Always a top notch one. Key word: ALWAYS. This writer however doesn't need to be the most popular writer with the most readers, just someone who puts in the effort everyday.

Best Newcomer - Who is you favourite new person? Many are horrible and spam but we occasionally get a nice person along to the forums. This is a good category for old boys to vote in. Anyone who joined during 2016 is eligible for this award.

Funniest Member - Who makes you and your computer laugh? There are some good 'uns on here and who will win?

3 Members You Would Like To Meet - Your friends are likely to be nominated for this. Who would you like to meet? Whether because you admire them or because you just want to meet them.

3 Members You Would Like To Punch - Opposite of the last one. Who would you like to punch in the face? Obviously someone you don't like or just someone you think is weak. This is one of the 'funny' awards.

Most Improved Career Mode Writer - Who was * but is now great. Obvious choices here. Some really good stories fit in this category.

Most Annoying Member - Who do you hate seeing comment on your thread? Who...who.? This should be an interesting one.

Biggest Spammer - Who makes 20 threads per day? Who triple and quadruple posts?

Best Username - Who has the funniest, smartest, wittiest username? Simple.

Best Avatar - What avatar is the funniest or has the best design? You decide.

Best Graphics - So who actually makes the best graphics on here?

Unsung Career Mode Writer - Who has a great career mode but no one has realised. Well people will realise now!

The Constructive Criticism Award - Which member gives criticism but in a nice way and tells us how to improve? This can help all of the newbies.

Legend - The Legend of the Forum!

Moderator of The Year - Do you feel a moderator has done something good to benefit the forums?? Has one fought for us and got us what we wanted?

Forum Game of The Year - What has been the forum game that has had you addicted right from the start and keeps you interested. This award covers any FIFA related game e.g. Dream Team Leagues, Last Man Standings etc.

Update of The Year - Who had the update you just couldn't tear your eyes away from, simply nominate the name of the person, with no specific update.

Worst Career Mode of the Year - Who had an awful op and awful updates? Well there have been a few shockers but none as bad as the winner of this award.

Career Mode of the Year - Who had a brilliant op and great updates? Well there have been a lots of brilliant CM's but none as good as the winner of this award.

Allrounder - This award will be calculated by adding up every vote from good awards and subtracting votes from bad awards to prove once and for all who is the greatest member on the forums. You do not vote specifically for this award.
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Voting Form

To vote please complete this form. You must make sure that you send me a PM with the same random word you entered on the form. This is to confirm that the votes are your own and no users are cheating by pretending to be someone else. Voting will close at 3pm on Monday 2nd January 2017 (UK time).

Only threads played on FIFA are eligible for these awards.
    Revealing your votes/asking for votes/exchanging votes will be heavily penalised
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017
    Results
    Click each image for full results

NHK0xbZ.png

CWJdjSP.png

qpuTP9w.png

qOlgt7Y.png

MBeArTf.png

U4rMq4y.png

88oDlU4.png

BRlxpfI.png

1YalPfn.png

BHdXXf6.png

XF9nBNL.png

6NWVtSf.png

lq0kKJz.png

ccA9EX3.png

gP9PPr3.png

ots18nh.png

2CGJwaQ.png

UKp6myh.png

lmwMAKW.png

Opd2oin.png

VHqdTDf.png

p8yEdDl.png

CrDQCsP.png

oQKYneW.png

9mqGwPp.png

goZ08Aw.png

ofetxc1.png
    GiWZrEr.png

kT0B3Mz.png

kYLG78H.png
    Post edited by Alastair on
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Voting is now open. :)
  • Wyojasond
    10804 posts Has That Special Something
    I have to do inventory and invoices today, but I'll try to vote later today B)

cool-im-so-excited-gif-784.gif
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Can't remember much from the tail end of FIFA 16 TBH but plenty of good choices with the FIFA 17 stuff. Some tough decisions made :)
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    A few people have voted so far and as things stand there is going to be some very happy users and one very disappointed user. :joy:

I'll tag most regular users who haven't voted yet (don't feel you have to vote if I tag you), if I miss anyone then feel free to tag them.
  • Greenman019
    2745 posts Fans' Favourite
    Well now I'm interested even more
  • Wyojasond
    tumblr_m6ujcgtoAh1rxm1ywo1_400.gif
  • ale85bg
    3558 posts National Call-Up
    Going to vote tomorrow, don't worry! :)
    I've just been busy with setting up tonight's party... Which is going pretty well actually! :joy:

By the way, Happy New Year everyone!
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Less than 24 hours to go and some regular users are still to vote. Vote now to make sure you don't miss out. :)
  • Ashy
    9237 posts League Winner
    I'll be doing my votes later tonight :)
  • Ashy
    9237 posts League Winner
    All done, based my votes on Fifa 17 stories and members that have been active last few months, can't remember the back end of the last Fifa that much anyway :p
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    We're up to 7 voters now with 14 and a half hours to go.

I might close it slightly later than 3pm tomorrow, it depends what time I get in so if it is after 3pm and the form is still letting you vote (and I haven't posted in here to say it is closed) then feel free to vote still. :)
  • Mufc_4_life
    202 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Doing mine now
  • Dean
    840 posts Semi-Pro
    My votes are in. Missed a few out, everyone I wanted to punch 7 years ago has disappeared. :D
  • ale85bg
    Dean wrote: »
    My votes are in. Missed a few out, everyone I wanted to punch 7 years ago has disappeared. :D
    Maybe they got punched by someone else in the meantime and decided to leave. :joy:

By the way, it's difficult to find someone to punch nowadays... Ah, the good old days when @LaMertesackerRun was ruling the DTL with his Red Bulls, so we all had a good reason to punch him...
  • Wyojasond
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Dean wrote: »
    Maybe they got punched by someone else in the meantime and decided to leave. :joy:

By the way, it's difficult to find someone to punch nowadays... Ah, the good old days when @LaMertesackerRun was ruling the DTL with his Red Bulls, so we all had a good reason to punch him...

:D So true. Lot of regulars from last year sadly not as active as last year. A few awards were pretty hard to vote for. Hopefully we can get a few more consistent writers before the year end awards.
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    It's a bit later than I said earlier but voting is now closed.

@DaBeastModeTey Can you confirm if you voted please as you're the only one not to let me know. :p
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    The results have now all been processed. The winners will be announced on Friday.
  • Ashy
    9237 posts League Winner
    Did we reach 10 different voters?
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    Ashy wrote: »

Yes, 10 voters nominated 30 different people.
  • Wyojasond
    Alastair wrote: »
    Ashy wrote: »

Yes, 10 voters nominated 30 different people.

Nice! Good bit of variety then. B)
  • ale85bg
    Indeed, the more the merrier they say.

FIFA 17 marks 10 years of Career Mode stories so later on in the year we will not only have the traditional End of Game awards but the anniversary awards, previously seen at the end of FIFA 12 to mark 5 years of Career Mode stories, will make their return.
    As I was already registered to the forums but not participating in them at all at the end of FIFA 12... May I ask you how are the anniversary awards done? :)

• JTS900
    230 posts Has Potential To Be Special
    Damn, sorry guys been so busy with work and family commitments over Christmas. Good luck all, been some great stories.
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Sorry I missed this. You are all winners in my eyes anyway. <3
  • Alastair
    9989 posts Moderator
    edited January 2017
    ale85bg wrote: »
    Indeed, the more the merrier they say.

As I was already registered to the forums but not participating in them at all at the end of FIFA 12... May I ask you how are the anniversary awards done? :)

I haven't quite decided how this year's will work but the awards in 2012 were:
    1. Greatest Ever MM/CM Story - From the MMOTY/CMOTY winners (listed below)
    2. Worst Ever MM/CM Story - From the WMMOTY/WCMOTY winners (listed below)
    3. Most Consistent Thread Maker - This is someone who has regularly done a good thread over the course of several years.
    4. Greatest Ever Innovation - This can be an story based concept (e.g. Lives/Player Sponsorship)
    5. Most Influential Member - Who do you think has had the biggest impact on these forums?

Voting for the first three awards is in only open to members who posted in the CM section of the FIFA 10 forums or before. Anyone can vote in the last two awards. Please use the relevant nomination form below.

Rather than restricting voting to older members I was thinking of weighting votes (e.g. Less than 1 year = 1 point, 1-3 years = 2 points, 3-6 years = 3 points and 6+ years = 5 points - these are all random figures to demonstrate the concept). The reason for this is to try and avoid a thread from FIFA 17 easily winning the award because no-one knows of the older ones. Obviously I need to weight it so that for example if me and Walter voted for a thread from FIFA 09 it doesn't win because our votes count for more than everyone else combined.

The nominees for categories 1 and 2 will probably be every winner from all the awards.

I might add some more categories if I can think of any (or people suggest them).

I'll probably try and get a load of feedback from everyone nearer the time. :)
  • Ashy
    9237 posts League Winner
    You'll need a list of nominated people/stories for this to work too
  • ale85bg
    Aaaand... What about stories from FIFA 14 and 13? Is there a way to have them back for comparison purposes?
    I started following this section with FIFA 15 and I believe I first posted here when FIFA 16 was released, so I might have missed all those old stories apart from a couple of them by Kyle, Ashy and... fredbroganjr.
  • Kyle
    918 posts Semi-Pro
    Ianfsdfdfdfdfdfd made the best threads back in the day. You should name the award after him.