Arsenal Football Club

Comments

  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

    And No he is not impossible to get.
    Fair enough. He is impossible to get for Arsenal.

  • If its possible to bring Madrid and Barca players here, then its possible to bring Reus here.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    If its possible to bring Madrid and Barca players here, then its possible to bring Reus here.
    Not this summer. Reus only just extended.
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    PES wrote: »
    Jaymizzo wrote: »

    And No he is not impossible to get.
    Fair enough. He is impossible to get for Arsenal.

    Again, he is not impossible to get. Unless you are his agent, Reus himself or Dortmund demand over 45mil for him, then he is not impossible to get.
  • Andy
    7865 posts League Winner
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Jonzema wrote: »
    Everytime I see Reus mentioned in this thread a part of me bursts into hysterical laughter.
    Which part of you?
    :joy:
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    PES wrote: »
    If its possible to bring Madrid and Barca players here, then its possible to bring Reus here.
    Not this summer. Reus only just extended.

    Like many speculated, he could have extended for other reasons aside from wanting to stay at the club.
  • I dont think this summer either, but some time in the future it may happen.
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    Now the rumor is that Man U are in the front seat to get Sterling and they are willing to pay 50 million pounds for him.
  • PES
    5173 posts Big Money Move
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    PES wrote: »
    If its possible to bring Madrid and Barca players here, then its possible to bring Reus here.
    Not this summer. Reus only just extended.

    Like many speculated, he could have extended for other reasons aside from wanting to stay at the club.
    Deluded. Money isn't an argument here, he could have financially benefitted from his low release clause himself this summer.

  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    PES wrote: »
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    PES wrote: »
    If its possible to bring Madrid and Barca players here, then its possible to bring Reus here.
    Not this summer. Reus only just extended.

    Like many speculated, he could have extended for other reasons aside from wanting to stay at the club.
    Deluded. Money isn't an argument here, he could have financially benefitted from his low release clause himself this summer.

    Whats the delusion?
  • RollsReus
    1443 posts Professional
    ironic because of my name, but I'd prefer Sterling over Reus.
  • LiveArsenal
    1336 posts Professional
    @Jaymizzo, to answer your question, out of those 4 players I would chose Reus. He is not impossible to get. Dortmund are only at mid-table atm and maybe in the future he wants to get back to playing champions league football and play for a club that is doing better. Like Noyaneve said, if we got Sanchez and Ozil it's not impossible to sign Reus for us.
  • Jonzema
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Jonzema wrote: »
    Everytime I see Reus mentioned in this thread a part of me bursts into hysterical laughter.
    Which part of you?
    It varies. Sometimes I can feel it from my insides, other times my legs and arms start twitching and other times my whole body reacts and I am, what the kids say, rofling.

  • Samuel
    319 posts Sunday League Hero
    edited April 2015
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Samuel wrote: »
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Given the choice between Sterling, Draxler, Dybala and Reus who would you guys rather we signed?

    Actually, who do you guys think we could realistically sign this summer? And who do you guys want gone?

    Mina Rzouki, an Italian based female journalist, made the claim that Arsenal more so than any other club have their name thrown in by owners, chairmen and agents to drive up or flush out interest in their player. I'd be surprised if there's anything in the Dybala speculation, Wenger flat out denied any interest too. Remember Ricky Alvaraz? Usmanov asking about the player as well, I mean come on.

    I think you lot are missing what the question is asking. So I will ask again. (Not trying to be rude btw)

    Given the choice between Sterling, Draxler, Dybala and Reus who wouldyou guys rather we signed?

    -This is not a question based on who we can get etc. Its more to do with who people prefer and why..

    What? I was directly replying to the realism of any potential signings, in this case Dybala. There's absolutely nothing in that one. If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd want the board to go for Schneiderlin or Kondogbia. Schneiderlin's reading of the game is as good as anyone in the league. Before Wanyama signed for Southampton, he was excellent when deployed as a DM and in terms of pressing and intercepting he's brilliant. The only worry is that playing for a more attacking team who are higher up the field may prove to be an issue so it's concerning he hasn't done well for France. Never have I seen a CM literally play like a third CB - he basically received to ball from Sakho/Varane to offload it onto the other CB. Kondogbia, for me, would almost be tailored to slot in as the lone midfielder in your system. It'll be interesting to see if Wenger wants a deep-lying playmaker, defensive box-to-box player or anchor man.

    Post edited by Samuel on
  • Tamerlane
    5284 posts Big Money Move
    Jonzema wrote: »
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Jonzema wrote: »
    Everytime I see Reus mentioned in this thread a part of me bursts into hysterical laughter.
    Which part of you?
    It varies. Sometimes I can feel it from my insides, other times my legs and arms start twitching and other times my whole body reacts and I am, what the kids say, rofling.
    Shut up.
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Jonzema wrote: »
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Jonzema wrote: »
    Everytime I see Reus mentioned in this thread a part of me bursts into hysterical laughter.
    Which part of you?
    It varies. Sometimes I can feel it from my insides, other times my legs and arms start twitching and other times my whole body reacts and I am, what the kids say, rofling.
    Shut up.

    loooool

  • rckstr
    5288 posts Big Money Move
    RollsReus wrote: »
    ironic because of my name, but I'd prefer Sterling over Reus.

    Why? :|
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    edited April 2015
    Samuel wrote: »
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Samuel wrote: »
    Jaymizzo wrote: »
    Given the choice between Sterling, Draxler, Dybala and Reus who would you guys rather we signed?

    Actually, who do you guys think we could realistically sign this summer? And who do you guys want gone?

    Mina Rzouki, an Italian based female journalist, made the claim that Arsenal more so than any other club have their name thrown in by owners, chairmen and agents to drive up or flush out interest in their player. I'd be surprised if there's anything in the Dybala speculation, Wenger flat out denied any interest too. Remember Ricky Alvaraz? Usmanov asking about the player as well, I mean come on.

    I think you lot are missing what the question is asking. So I will ask again. (Not trying to be rude btw)

    Given the choice between Sterling, Draxler, Dybala and Reus who wouldyou guys rather we signed?

    -This is not a question based on who we can get etc. Its more to do with who people prefer and why..

    What? I was directly replying to the realism of any potential signings, in this case Dybala. There's absolutely nothing in that one. If I were an Arsenal fan, I'd want the board to go for Schneiderlin or Kondogbia. Schneiderlin's reading of the game is as good as anyone in the league. Before Wanyama signed for Southampton, he was excellent when deployed as a DM and in terms of pressing and intercepting he's brilliant. The only worry is that playing for a more attacking team who are higher up the field may prove to be an issue so it's concerning he hasn't done well for France. Never have I seen a CM literally play like a third CB - be basically received to ball from Sakho/Varane to offload it onto the other CB. You could make the argument that Coquelin in comparison makes up for his erratic passing with his carrying of the ball. Kondogbia, to me, would almost be tailored to slot in as the lone midfielder in your system. It'll be interesting to see if Wenger wants a deep-lying playmaker, defensive box-to-box player or anchor man.

    That was more a generalisation as @PES decided to stray off topic as usual.

    I would personally love Schneiderlin and so would any PL team at this point, he is what we actually need. Coquelin has been superb ever since coming and he has shown that he can be a good DM (not necessarily a 3rd CB as you describe Schneiderlin). I think in big games we would end up playing Schneiderlin and Coquelin instead of the usual suspects. Us signing Schneiderlin does seem very realistic in comparison to our other targets (alleged). Im not too sure about Kondogbia, Il take your word for it though.

    We will definitely be in the market for a goal keeper though, Wenger doesn't seem to trust Szcescny and rightly so and though Ospina has been decent, he shouldn't IMO be our number 1 GK. Would love Lloris (very unlikely) or Cech for obvious reasons.

    With a few of our players who can play in the wing most likely leaving in the summer and Diaby + Flamini following shortly (hopefully) we definitely need to get a World class Winger to replace them and another midfielder in Schneiderlin.

    My perfect window would be
    Reus (as highly unlikely as that would be) or Sterling (against this but we would need to replace Theo)
    Schneiderlin
    Cech
    Schar or Gaya (based on what Ive heard)

    Out
    Sanogo (Loan)
    Campbell
    Podolski
    Diaby
    Flamini
    Szcescny (would like him to stay tbh)
    Mertesacker
    Walcott
  • Stannis Baratheon
    1417 posts Professional
    Don't understand this desire for Mertesacker to be sold. I can understand wanting him to not be first choice but he can still contribute positively as a member of the squad. Decent player with plenty of experience.
  • RollsReus
    1443 posts Professional
    rckstr wrote: »
    RollsReus wrote: »
    ironic because of my name, but I'd prefer Sterling over Reus.

    Why? :|
    the raw potential of Sterling and Reus is getting a bit injury prone.
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Don't understand this desire for Mertesacker to be sold. I can understand wanting him to not be first choice but he can still contribute positively as a member of the squad. Decent player with plenty of experience.

    No one denies that but he is continuously regressing. This season he has made a lot of errors unbecoming of an experienced player.

    I don't think many people suggested him to be sold, a lot just want him to get dropped.
  • Welbeck
    5188 posts Big Money Move
    yeah what's the point of selling Mertesacker :|
  • Yeh I agree, Mertesacker must stay for years, ideally until 35/36. Pace isnt part of his game, so he can cope in those old ages.
  • D10S
    4500 posts National Call-Up
    Has Monreal been better than Gibbs this season?
  • D10S wrote: »
    Has Monreal been better than Gibbs this season?

    Yes, definitely.
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Fair enough he could get benched but I feel so long as he is around (in the next season or two) he will be prefered than other CBs because of his experience. A lot of people seem to overlook most of his mistakes or really notice them because Koscielny is normally there to save him. As an individual player he has regressed.
  • Welbeck
    5188 posts Big Money Move
    I think that's quite clear for everyone to see :|

    he seemed fine performing that role for Germany at the World Cup, I'm sure he would be fine here.
  • Jaymizzo
    2383 posts Fans' Favourite
    Welbeck wrote: »
    I think that's quite clear for everyone to see :|

    he seemed fine performing that role for Germany at the World Cup, I'm sure he would be fine here.

    Im pretty sure I made it clear that I dont think many people suggested him to get sold off because of that, your first comment is unnecessary.

  • Mesut 'the 10' Ozil
    2951 posts National Call-Up
    Anyone who criticises ozil just does not understand how important he is to this team! His passing choice and execution is second to none.
    Also coutinho had an absolute mare today, please don't ever mention him in the same sentence as ozil ever again.
  • Jonzema
    288 posts Sunday League Hero
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Jonzema wrote: »
    Tamerlane wrote: »
    Jonzema wrote: »
    Everytime I see Reus mentioned in this thread a part of me bursts into hysterical laughter.
    Which part of you?
    It varies. Sometimes I can feel it from my insides, other times my legs and arms start twitching and other times my whole body reacts and I am, what the kids say, rofling.
    Shut up.
    Am I going to require a shovel to deal with you?

Sign In or Register to comment.