Best formation/tactics for crossing?

LoboNobo
6325 posts Big Money Move
edited December 2016
Anyone had any success with crossing to your tall striker, as I want to have fun with IF Dzyuba. Looking for the best formation (single ST would be preferable but I don't mind 2) and some custom tactics as well - whether I put low or high crossing, it's still so hard to find the striker in the box. Any help?

Comments

• SJR440
    4258 posts National Call-Up
  • bberger
    4106 posts National Call-Up
    crossing is basically dwad since patch 1.. they "balanced" the game for PTB counter since then..
  • Relyc
    1268 posts Professional
    Just don't do it man.
  • LoboNobo
    6325 posts Big Money Move
    Made a 4-4-2 team with IF Dzyuba and Giroud up top, Fellaini with get forward and get in the box for cross instruction, 100 crossing in CT. My players still aren't active enough to put crosses on them, was it because I was using target man instruction on strikers?
  • Keepthechange
    1568 posts Play-Off Hero
    Crossing is very inconsistent, I don't really remember the last time I crossed the ball into the box even from corners, however if you really want to try it then I would recommend 2 striker formations with wide midfielders like 442, 41212, and 442(2)

• ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    bberger wrote: »
    crossing is basically dwad since patch 1.. they "balanced" the game for PTB counter since then..

This - only time I scored headers now is corners or lucky breakaways
  • SJR440
    4258 posts National Call-Up
    LoboNobo wrote: »
    Made a 4-4-2 team with IF Dzyuba and Giroud up top, Fellaini with get forward and get in the box for cross instruction, 100 crossing in CT. My players still aren't active enough to put crosses on them, was it because I was using target man instruction on strikers?

Possibly man, try using 'press back line' and leave everything else on default, see how that works :)
  • cooz41289
    443 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Must go semi or manual crossing
  • ScarUK
    755 posts An Exciting Prospect
    Sounds backwards but use get in behind and don't let height be a factor - jumping and heading accuracy are far more important. Mata scores far more headers than Costa for me these days so wouldn't over think your tactics