The latest Title Update for FIFA 20 is now available on PC and includes the changes listed here.
------------------
Note: The SBCs issue has been resolved, details posted on this thread in a tweet from FIFA Direct Communication.

4-1-4-1 formation. Reviews?

tilen11
5667 posts Big Money Move
edited December 2016
Im trying to go out of my comfort zone and try something else. Was thinking of that formation. Build myself this team. Would these players work in a 4-1-4-1? Thanks for any replies!

pvx0qdM.jpg

Comments

• I am using 4141 as my main formation and i have a few suggestions for this team.
    Gonalons imo is not that good in that spot, becouse you will lack in attack i would suggest Ben Arfa, you could try Boudebouz too. Cavani imo is too slow for that spot. I would suggest Lacazette he looks perfect for me. Defence looks solid wingers look good too.
    Let me know how it works out for you.
  • Kip2MyLou
    7397 posts League Winner
    And trapp is woeful.
  • Satch85
    1134 posts Professional
    I think it looks nice and balanced in midfield, maybe ruffier over trapp or costil
  • BlitzersNL
    24943 posts Player of the Year
    Great formation.
  • Liam W
    2623 posts Fans' Favourite
    I have literally NEVER in maybe 200 games played a guy using 4-1-4-1. That says to me, it's probably not very effective. It must be so easy to high pressure because the striker would be so isolated.
  • Shevaelite
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    I was going to use this but then I realised its too defensive.

Formations like that seem good in theory. You think you can dominate possesion and be really solid. But realistically, youll struggle to hold possesion because your striker will be isolated and youll have to play too many passes to get the ball up the pitch. A decent player will nick it off you, bypass the midfield and once you concede you are struggling to put pressue on because your striker is isolated.

Only really good if you want to be super defensive all game
  • Shevaelite
    483 posts Sunday League Hero
    And get Kryowiak off. One of the worst players Ive used. Cost me countless games. I kept trying to persevere but he kept playing awful. Even if you bring him on late to calm things down he still ends up costing you a goal. Get in Joao Moutinho or Diarra

And Ruffier for Trapp.

LM I prefer Ntep to Jese too. Matuidi is excellent if you can afford him.
  • Jmoz16
    50 posts Park Captain
    I have been using it in the WL normally finish Elite 3 - Gold 2. Solid defensively and if you pass it well and try not to rush the ball forward you can easily dominate.

Striker does get isolated at times, especially when you're on the counter but as long as you know to to shield properly it's not really a problem.

Centre mids who can finish is a must. They'll make clever runs into the box with the right set up